Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Add Reply
> Seriously Need Help Here, For girls/ladies here T.T (ONLY GIRLS)
Zhanneel
post May 22 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #61

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

It is possible to get the changes you're looking, but it's going to cost you. Specifically your routine, limited choices of healthy foods, exercise, and then dealing with these changes and school at the same time. It was so much easier (for me) when I got out of high school. And I've never really looked back. Once I got out of high school I pretty much forgot about all the people and their perfect proportions. Those people who had slimmer and toned physiques were just born that way. However, I have seen so many changes from people after high school. When they come into my place of work my jaw drops at the amount of weight they've gained or lost. It's totally possible for you to get the physique you're looking for too, I just don't want you to think it will be soon. You've probably got a lot of lifestyle changes ahead of you, and that may take some time for your body and your mind to adjust to.

But I know you're serious about it, so I'll root for you if you go for the changes =). Best things to do are first, don't go crazy and starve yourself (but you're smart, I don't think you'll fall into that troubled category of girls), and instead you could just watch your calorie intake--say try to limit yourself to about 1500 calories a day if you can, if not, below 2000 is still okay. After a while you'll probably get a good feel for which foods have too many calories and when you're allowed to eat them. Make sure you have breakfast, even if it's a small one. Just something to get your metabolism going after you've slept. Don't stuff yourself, but on the verge of full is good. And if you've got a friend who's serious take them along with you. If one of you slips you can kindly berate each other into not sneaking those pieces of candy or for forgetting to exercise like you're supposed to =P. You'll also have to make these changes and still keep doing well in school, which was hard for me but maybe it'll be a snap for you. I think if you're a well-scheduled person as it is it shouldn't be too hard. The worst part of the change will be accepting that sweets and pop are no longer really acceptable, water and milk should be replaced for any sugary drinks, weekly exercises are a must, and the realization that results may not be immediate. But if they aren't it doesn't mean your body isn't adjusting. Sometimes it just takes a few months for the results to show. Some bodies take more time to change on the inside, and then it will show on the outside. I hope it works for you =). *roots like a silly cheerleader*
Go to the top of the page
Unica-Musa
post May 23 2008, 9:07 PM
Post #62

Sirenix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ May 18 2008, 02:21 AM) *
I think the same way =). I think of everyone on this website as the friends I never had in high school =P. I had crummy friends to say the least.

I have only one true friend she never disappointed me..
I don't think that online friend can replace real bff's....
no offence

--------------------

Pics of Musa found on this forum! Forum set by me!

Thnx to wonderful Zhaaneel I have this cool animated siggy
Zhanneel
post May 24 2008, 2:12 AM
Post #63

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Nah, I know what you mean.

Something weird that happened to me though was that I met my best friend online about 5 years ago and we've talked on the phone ever since =). Turns out I had to go out of state to meet someone more like myself.
Unica-Musa
post May 24 2008, 7:35 AM
Post #64

Sirenix Fairy

And have you met him/her?

--------------------

Zhanneel
post May 24 2008, 11:09 AM
Post #65

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Yep, about 10 times in person =).
Unica-Musa
post May 24 2008, 11:43 AM
Post #66

Sirenix Fairy

wow happy.gif
cool I never met someone online in real!

--------------------

Zhanneel
post May 24 2008, 9:22 PM
Post #67

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I wouldn't suggest it though, unless everything about the meeting is safe, and even then you have to be wary the first few meetings.

This post has been edited by Zhanneel: May 24 2008, 9:23 PM
winxclub-joy
post May 25 2008, 3:56 AM
Post #68

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

ya ^-^ that's true

--------------------
Jahnavi
post May 25 2008, 11:51 AM
Post #69

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, you can never be too careful with things like the internet and online chatting. *Looks around suspiciously...*

I remember once that someone on Magix Club had given out their COMPLETE postal address where it says "From:" below your avatar. Luckily, it looks like they've taken that off.

This post has been edited by Jahnavi: May 25 2008, 11:57 AM

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
winxclub-joy
post May 25 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #70

Cosmix Fairy

did they? I never noticed that......

Sigh...

--------------------
Zhanneel
post May 25 2008, 8:36 PM
Post #71

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

X_x oh geez, I hope the moderators and friendly forum goers will prevent that from ever happening again
winxclub-joy
post May 25 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #72

Cosmix Fairy

Well, everything was still under admin's control.... xD

But, oh well. I am been waiting for that person whom appeared in my dream, velieve it or not, I once saw him in reality ;S
is this just some kind of imagination, or is it true that me and that guy will be together? That's lame I know, but I got a deep crush on him....

--------------------
Jahnavi
post May 26 2008, 4:24 AM
Post #73

Cosmix Fairy

Ah, a dream soulmate, I've had many... xD

--------------------
Zhanneel
post May 26 2008, 4:35 AM
Post #74

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I can only hope it comes true for you Joy, but after a few years if that is not the case I bet you'll find an even better crush icon_wink.gif.
Abby
post May 26 2008, 9:39 PM
Post #75

Cosmix Fairy

I just don't get how some people can eat so much and be so skinny, yet for me I have to work out and try so hard just to look like them. What I can't stand is liking a guy because even if they did like me back (which is highly unlikely) I wouldn't know what to do. I would be so awkward going on a date and everything I just don't really want to, but then I like guys and its terrible because its is a good and bad feeling.
Zhanneel
post May 27 2008, 2:58 AM
Post #76

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Lol, every time someone relates their fears on here I always flash back to my high school days as well =P. I had the same fears about dating guys, pretty much throughout all of high school. Best thing to do is not worry, because when you find a guy who clicks really well with you it will be easy to date and become really good friends. Or maybe you'll become good friends before you date him, and that can help a lot.

As for the weight thing...>( I know what you mean. I see a lot of skinny, twiggy girls eating everything and still maintaining their little figures. I wish I had their genes or metabolism, but I don't. And that means I too have to exercise and watch what I eat...and get heckled by my family for "starving myself." Hardly, I would never stop eating, I love food too much. And I portion-size my meals. They are just used to seeing the family scarf down huge plates of food. My sister can eat a whole bag of doritos over 2 days, and not gain a pound. I got the shaft completely =P. But...the funny thing is that most of the girls who eat loads of junk in high school and stay skinny may find that when they become older and their bodies mature, their metabolism will slow a lot but their diet will stay the same and they will gain a lot of weight. I've seen old classmates come into my workplace and my eyes bulge when I see the super-skinny girls basically "fat" =P.
Jahnavi
post May 27 2008, 9:57 AM
Post #77

Cosmix Fairy

Ah! Zhanneel, don't scare me! I'm one of those eats-well-yet-still-skinny types, I don't want to become fat when I'm older.

Anyway, since we're all discussing exercise and things like that, can anyone suggest something for me? I don't want to do it to lose weight, but I exercise very little, and I wanted to start some simple exercise (like walking or riding my bike) just to stay healthy. So, any suggestions?

--------------------
Zhanneel
post May 27 2008, 3:54 PM
Post #78

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

=P Sorry, as long as you take care of yourself, and since you're vegetarian, you definitely won't turn into those girls I'm thinking of. You're super healthy ^^. Yeah, I'm a little bitter of those girls, lol. Some of those girls are the ones who always eat really bad and it will catch up with them eventually.

Walking would be great. And to get a little more muscle tone you could try making it a power walk (or in other words, try to push your muscles more and swing your arms, almost like you're about to jog). If you've been riding your bike for a while you could do that instead or alternate, as long as the hills don't slow you down (those are the worst for me). I think what you suggested sounds good as it is =). Only other thing I can think of is you could try exercising on some of the machines in a gym, maybe your school gym or a piece of equipment you have at the house.

And just adding one more thing. I've seen this STUPID ad every time I open up my yahoo mail:

I HATE this ad with a passion. This is exactly the type of crap that is brainwashing all the younger girls, and many of the older girls it seems too (including my sister who is 2 years older than I am). I mean, look at the stupid model girl in the pic! I know she's a very cartoony looking girl, but she's anorexic...and apparently she feels compelled to wear a "weight-loss" patch (which who knows if that even works or not) so she can become like the starving kids in 3rd world nations. x_X Just a disgusting example of why this world can really suck sometimes. It's these type of ads that make girls think they need to be anorexic. They brainwash you into thinking that society won't accept you, won't think you're pretty enough, unless you become like every other "perfect" girl. If you starve yourself or follow dangerous diet plans (ahem, *points to above ad*) you will become like so many of the "perfect" girls--unhealthy, pathetic, and just plain sad. So whether you are skinny or not, please just laugh at these ads and never think twice about them. They just make me so ughh....so mad >(.

This post has been edited by Zhanneel: May 27 2008, 3:55 PM
Stellaksjuta
post May 27 2008, 4:51 PM
Post #79

Mythix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

You're not the only one who wants to increase you know what.. heheee ^^ I think you shouldn't take any diet... People lik eyou who you are. But anyway,you should go to gym or go swimming or running. That may help.
Unica-Musa
post May 27 2008, 6:53 PM
Post #80

Sirenix Fairy

QUOTE (Jahnavi @ May 27 2008, 09:57 AM) *
Ah! Zhanneel, don't scare me! I'm one of those eats-well-yet-still-skinny types, I don't want to become fat when I'm older.

Anyway, since we're all discussing exercise and things like that, can anyone suggest something for me? I don't want to do it to lose weight, but I exercise very little, and I wanted to start some simple exercise (like walking or riding my bike) just to stay healthy. So, any suggestions?

I'm also that type of human unsure.gif

--------------------

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 22nd September 2024 - 3:55 PM