ya..............

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
winxclub-joy
post Jan 20 2009, 1:24 PM
Post #62

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Erm, as our previous post mentioned, Straffi doesn't have the plan of publishing the movie in USA, so yeah.

--------------------
Tiny Dragon
post Jan 21 2009, 5:41 AM
Post #63

Mythix Fairy

Group: Members

Erm, as our previous post mentioned, Straffi doesn't have the plan of publishing the movie in USA, so yeah.

Do you have a link to the interview where he says he is not bringing the movie to the USA or is this past along information?

--------------------
winxclub-joy
post Jan 21 2009, 12:22 PM
Post #64

Cosmix Fairy

well, it stated it from a Chinese article....They said that they doesn't have the plan.....

http://stars.zaobao.com/pages6/movies081118.shtml

Translation by me (I'm only in B Chinese standard, so don't blame me for grammar mistakes >.<

Singapore Son-In-Law, Iginio Straffi captured kids’ hearts through creating 6 pretty girls/teenagers.

You will not know if you’re not told, Italy hot-animated TV series Winx Club which captured the kid’ hearts through worldwide was created by Iginio Straffi, Singapore Son-In-Law.

Ever since winx club was created in the year 2000, which aired in 120 countries/cities in worldwide, become hot due to the TV series, merchandise like clothes & bags etc. Straffi then have the idea of the big screen since 2005, Winx Club: The secret of the lost kingdom, which becomes popular in Europe, will be aired in our country. Straffi and his Singaporean wife, Joanne Lee (Chinese name is Lee Shu Bao) were being interviewed yesterday, Straffi is an Italian whom is a gentlemen, mature and held responsibilities. Appearance may seems like a scholar than the slovenly director, when they ask about the recipes of making Winx Club and its movie popular, he admits that he has a Naïve, youthful and wild heart. “And then this animation is intertwined with magic, adventure, the trend of popular music, and to children, is very attractive.”

Straffi was already a comic artist when he was in university, his Italy plus other countries popular artwork includes “Comic Art” “Heavy Metal”. Then, it was being spotted by a famous comic publisher, completed a famous comic called “Nick raider”. His talent was then being discovered by then.

After gaining experience from other animation companies, he then went back to Italy and founded Rainbow. The drop, which he unexpected, published creating 6 pretty girls with different personalities and character designs of Winx.

6th “Daughter Flora is the most sweetest and considerate.

Reporters thinks that the characters’ bodies looks familiar to the Barbie dolls, but the creator claimed that he didn’t thought of barbies as a main idea while creating this series. “Barbie is matured, while Winx is more youthful, and it’s fresh and carries beautiful smiles.” He said then while designing, he may be thinking Beyonce Knowles for a glance, and Jennifer Lopez plus other hot female singers. But still, he created something that the kids like. To let the kids accept, the staffs have under done an investigation by collecting suggestions from children.

Some reporters’ kids are Winx fans, and it’s a must that the reporter must ask which character does the director like the most. Straffi felt difficult, as 6 of them are his “daughters”. Finally after some struggle, he replied “Flora”.

Winx painted nails (Maybe the Scene that Stella painting her nails?) His wife, Joanne Lee: Husband pays attention on details.

Speaking of being such a care, can’t admit that Winx Club Movie were being heavily cared, and there’s a scene of a winx character knows how to paint nail polish! Known 10 years, and married for 4 years with Straffi, Joanne Lee said that: “Straffi a person whom really pay attention on details. “And she leaked about when she and Straffi know each other for a while, went to visit his house and his mother said that Straffi a person whom pays attention on details, especially colour matching. “He was really picky since 3, for example when his mum wants him to wear a blue socks with black shoes, he will protest. His mum thought that when it’s winter, pants would cover the socking. So it doesn’t matter what colour of the socks it is, but her son insisted.”

Joanne Lee was born in local, she went to USA Winsconsin Madison University for studies while she was 19, received a Market and management degree in 1994 become Rainbow’s Executive producer in 1998. The current task also includes the expansion of the company's business.

Straffi, who dote his wife hopes that Singaporeans will accept the Movie, Winx Club: The secret of the lost kingdom: “ Should be feeling proud, because the TV series and the movie also have Singaporean’s (Referring to his wife) effort. “

*Parents want to buy winx clothes.

Ever since the TV series become popular, winx clothes was design by famous designers, not to mention the movie. Before the movie premiered, a lot of parents asked out local issue films Vinci PTE LTD that if they are able to get the clothes from the movie. Vinci also felt that Winx and the region surrounding the product issuer, person-in-charge Cheng Yi Zi revealed, local 30 would be showing the screen of the winx movie. “For a independent movie production, this is not a small issue. “ Winx has a huge fan club in Local, and also published winx magazine.

For Americans, Winx Movie is too profound?

Although the soundtrack is above the chart, fighting against strong competition likes Madonna and others, but it was top on the list for several weeks. Also, this film in Italy rewrites some Hollywood films like Sherk and Ice age box office tickets. And it’s also above Ratatouille and Kung Fu Panda and other animations, becoming the championship of the boxoffice.

The movie was aired in Dec last year, until now the box office was over 500 million US dollar (710 million in SGD), is Europe “20 top animation” chart of only non-Hollywood animations. France animation were in Europe are always the leader; Italy proves it by creating the movie. No wonder Joanne Lee proudly said that, “This is why Italy Government like Straffi. “ Straffi was getting ready for 2010 “Winx Movie 2”, and also and also works with Michael Wilson, who is the writer of Ice age and Shark Tales to publish an animation in 2011.

Budget $300 Million USD of Winx Movie with Hollywood animations are different, besides entertainment, it also includes family and friendship united with hearts. These couples have no plans to publish Winx movie I US, Straffi said: “The movie are different from the Hollywood films, the Americans will think that the movie are too profound.” The wife thinks that if they cannot make it big in US, it will be a disgrace of the winx movie. She thinks that there will be warm feeling airing the movie in Singapore. “Own hometown, and its English sub. Before the screening it was those Portuguese, Turkish, etc which I don’t know, hahahaha…”

I do not own this article, the reporters of Mediacorp wrote it, I just translated it.....

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jan 21 2009, 3:44 PM
Post #65

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

thanks joy

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
humbu111
post Jan 21 2009, 5:59 PM
Post #66

Cosmix Fairy

Okay, so we may as well accept it, its not coming to the US. Probably not even Canada. But why not the UK?

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Tiny Dragon
post Jan 21 2009, 8:35 PM
Post #67

Mythix Fairy

Did the UK get the Rai or 4Kids version of the cartoon?

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jan 21 2009, 8:37 PM
Post #68

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I am pretty sure it is 4kids

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Tiny Dragon
post Jan 21 2009, 9:04 PM
Post #69

Mythix Fairy

Then it is probably 4Kids fault. Rumor is that they no longer have any interest in the Winx Club show.

--------------------
humbu111
post Jan 21 2009, 9:33 PM
Post #70

Cosmix Fairy

I am pretty sure it is 4kids

Really? I always thought it was RAI...

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

musaenchantixthe...
post Jan 21 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #71

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

oh straffi is starting to annoy me! too profound! polease!
he obviously never seen american animated movie. how can winx club be "too profound" to us! he is insulting us again.
but i guess i can understand that he is scare that the movie won't be huge over here.
but they air it in singapore (no offense joy or bloomfan15). singapore is their hometown? i thought Italy was the hometown.
thats it. the movie isn't coming here. i'm upset. seriously i'm going to cry. i been waiting FOREVER to see it. and now its not coming. icon_cry.gif

--------------------
winxclub-joy
post Jan 21 2009, 11:42 PM
Post #72

Cosmix Fairy

UK gets the RAi one I thought? and if it's not coming to UK, what's the point posting their country there at the official website?

--------------------
Jahnavi
post Jan 22 2009, 4:44 AM
Post #73

Cosmix Fairy

UK gets the 4Kids version.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
mightymarty2
post Jan 22 2009, 7:40 AM
Post #74

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

he wants to torcher us for teaming up with the Americans too much

--------------------
winxclub-joy
post Jan 22 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #75

Cosmix Fairy

o.O

--------------------
bloomfan15
post Jan 22 2009, 1:20 PM
Post #76

Mythix Fairy

QUOTE (musaenchantixthebest @ Jan 22 2009, 06:56 AM) *
he obviously never seen american animated movie. how can winx club be "too profound" to us! he is insulting us again.
but i guess i can understand that he is scare that the movie won't be huge over here.
but they air it in singapore (no offense joy or bloomfan15). singapore is their hometown? i thought Italy was the hometown.
thats it. the movie isn't coming here. i'm upset. seriously i'm going to cry. i been waiting FOREVER to see it. and now its not coming. icon_cry.gif

Italy is Straffi's hometown,and Singapore is Joanne's hometown. so yeah.

--------------------

Thank you for the amazing last 14 years #WestlifeForever (L)

winxclub-joy
post Jan 22 2009, 2:31 PM
Post #77

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (musaenchantixthebest @ Jan 22 2009, 06:56 AM) *

I don't think he's insulting us, no offence METB. American animations and Straffi's animations are compared, and the reasons why they said it's too profound or whatever is because erm, some scenes are not suitable for american kids? Or straffi is trying to be a anti-USA?

oh BTW, Joanne studied in USA at the age of 19, unless Straffi have nothing better to do, or else he won't insult the americans, well I think he doesn't intend to, unless he's a anti-USA =.="

And the reason why they aired it in singapore:

-Joanne is a singaporean, I supposed?
-WInx is popular in Singapore actually I think, even the parents wants to buy winx clothes for their kids.
-Merchandise of winx is a hot sale over here, ask Bloomfan how many dolls she kept.
-A branch office AKA they games development area are in singapore? I think maybe......
-Because singapore is lucky, they picked it from the lucky draw and tada, our country gets the movie

Bad points are:

-Straffi should noticed the mistakes during the premiere, the video editing all these. And they actually deleted some scenes which are actually meant to be aired?!
-WInx merchandise are getting lesser
-They forgot about season 3 DVDs
-Sooner or later they will replace winx with huntik

so yeah, our country aren't that good either, he still own us things.......Ain't right, bloomfan?

--------------------
musaenchantixthe...
post Jan 22 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #78

Cosmix Fairy

still at least you got to see the movie. well great, i've been saving the money to see the movie with my sister forever.
guess i'll spend it all at the mall this weekend. it was so hard to save that money.
i do think straffi is starting to be anit-americans....
plus you should see little kids these days. i mean my 7 year old sis knows nasty stuff i didn't know till i was like 13. i dont want to mention what she knows....
and a lot of kids are like that too.
i just don't get it... icon_sad.gif

--------------------
winxclub-joy
post Jan 22 2009, 11:10 PM
Post #79

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------
musaenchantixthe...
post Jan 25 2009, 1:49 AM
Post #80

Cosmix Fairy

sorry i'm just really upset about this.

--------------------

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 9:47 AM