Add Reply
> Roxy: discuss the new character here
Rating 5 V
P-girl
post Jan 23 2009, 1:48 PM
Post #41

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

At the moment, the chance of her being a fairy is 10% or less in my opinion.
Go to the top of the page
winxclub-joy
post Jan 23 2009, 2:26 PM
Post #42

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

true....

--------------------
P-girl
post Jan 23 2009, 2:29 PM
Post #43

Cosmix Fairy

I mean, what we've heard, the fairies of Earth were 'Long lost'. And in the Rai Dub, in Season 1, Faragonda said there hasn't been a fairy from Earth for over a thousand years.

My theory is: Fairies sealed away and frozen in time. (Which can lead to fun, considering that a thousand years ago, Earth was stuck in the dark ages. 'What's that?' 'It's a scooter.' *Honks horn* 'Kyaah! Demons!' *Zaps scooter*)
humbu111
post Jan 23 2009, 6:00 PM
Post #44

Cosmix Fairy

At the moment, the chance of her being a fairy is 10% or less in my opinion.

I dont really agree with that. Did they ever say why the Winx Club went to earth? I cant remember, but maybe Roxy went too for the same reason? But she does have a pet dog which makes it seem as though she's from earth (I know Sky did too, but still. And her dog looks alot like Lady, by the way).

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

P-girl
post Jan 23 2009, 6:02 PM
Post #45

Cosmix Fairy

The Winx are on Earth to help the 'Last fairies' of Earth.
General consencus is that Roxy is NOT the last fairy of Earth. She's probably an Earth girl trying to help out. *Points at Tecna and her famous bucket* Believe me, they're gonna need it.
humbu111
post Jan 23 2009, 6:08 PM
Post #46

Cosmix Fairy

Lol okay I get you. But I'd still say about a 20-30% chance. I dont think they'd advertise her so much as the 7th girl if she wasnt a fairy. But you never know, you have a strong point.

--------------------

P-girl
post Jan 23 2009, 6:11 PM
Post #47

Cosmix Fairy

They don't advertise her as 'The 7th girl', just like a new character and a new friend. We're talking a show for young girls here, if someone's on the side of good (And not a Witch) they're almost automatically called 'Friend'. I remember Hagen being called a new friend in my 'Behind the Winx movie'-book.
earth123
post Jan 23 2009, 6:24 PM
Post #48

A True Fairy

Group: Members

I would not be surprised if there were many fairies on Earth.

Remember, Bloom didn't know of her powers until she tried them by 'chance'. Remember, in Magix, everyone who completes the school's course will be a fully magical being. If you stop learning in the process, you may forget, and even become un-able to work out magic. And on Earth, I reckon that only a handfull of 6 billion people think of magic as real potential. We stop believing in magic as we grow older, so we might lose the ability as well. Unless Strafi went to the muggleborns and pure bloods theory.

--------------------

SIKOSETO, TO TIMIMENO, THEN BORO, THEN BORO NA PERIMENO
P-girl
post Jan 23 2009, 6:26 PM
Post #49

Cosmix Fairy

No, Straffi went with the 'Magic on Earth is long lost'. Faragonda already commented on it in Season 1, when she founds out Bloom came from Earth, that Earth's last fairy was a thousand years ago.
earth123
post Jan 23 2009, 6:28 PM
Post #50

A True Fairy

Yeah, but 'lost' can mean that it can't be found, not that it dissapeared forever.

--------------------

P-girl
post Jan 23 2009, 6:30 PM
Post #51

Cosmix Fairy

I know, one of the summaries I read kinda gives that feel as well. But I really think the last Earth-fairies are 'Sealed' or something (No evidence, just gut feeling) and not hiding or not knowing about themselves or anything.... oh well, time will tell.
earth123
post Jan 23 2009, 6:38 PM
Post #52

A True Fairy

I somehow wish that Straffi had made the magix dimension more different than Earth. But then again, the 4kids version tends to show it more bizarre, while the Italian tends to go more into an 'earthly' setting. However, I still find it funny when they wondered what pizza was in season 1, and they were ordering it in season 3. Did this mean that they learned of pizza in magix alone, or did the producers have a mis-communication between seasons? Ok, I was from a village-setting before I moved down here, but at least we knew what pizza was like.

This post has been edited by earth123: Jan 23 2009, 6:39 PM

--------------------

humbu111
post Jan 23 2009, 6:42 PM
Post #53

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, didnt Bloom suggest pizza and they didnt know what it was? Then how was it in Magix, you'd think atleast one of the four would have heard of it.

--------------------

earth123
post Jan 23 2009, 6:49 PM
Post #54

A True Fairy

Well, I supposed you can presume that as magix being the capital, they tend to have all sorts of 'exotic' places, like New York. Also, if any-one has noticed, in all the worlds we've gone through, only the girls seem to wear trendy or fashionable clothes, while the locals and royalty wear clothes from last century.

--------------------

Boo
post Jan 24 2009, 1:24 AM
Post #55

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Jan 23 2009, 07:26 PM) *
No, Straffi went with the 'Magic on Earth is long lost'. Faragonda already commented on it in Season 1, when she founds out Bloom came from Earth, that Earth's last fairy was a thousand years ago.

I wouldn't rely on that alone, since there are have been a couple instances where things were said but weren't really carried out during the series. Though, you never know, they might stick with that concept. Though, I've heard something about discovering fairies on Earth, but in some descriptions, it wasn't mentioned, so I'm a bit lost... o_O

I'd agree with Humbu with this Roxy being more then just a minor character. Out of the two pages of information about this new season, one whole page was all about her: that's enough to convince me that she's going to have a major part in the season. I'm not necessarily saying that she's another new member (though she could be), I'm saying that my guess is she's not as minor as a character like Mirta, for example, but not as major as Flora, for example.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
P-girl
post Jan 24 2009, 9:23 AM
Post #56

Cosmix Fairy

I see what you're getting at. (Just trying to clean up the rumor mill a bit....)
winxclub-joy
post Jan 24 2009, 10:45 AM
Post #57

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Boo @ Jan 24 2009, 09:24 AM) *
I wouldn't rely on that alone, since there are have been a couple instances where things were said but weren't really carried out during the series. Though, you never know, they might stick with that concept. Though, I've heard something about discovering fairies on Earth, but in some descriptions, it wasn't mentioned, so I'm a bit lost... o_O

I'd agree with Humbu with this Roxy being more then just a minor character. Out of the two pages of information about this new season, one whole page was all about her: that's enough to convince me that she's going to have a major part in the season. I'm not necessarily saying that she's another new member (though she could be), I'm saying that my guess is she's not as minor as a character like Mirta, for example, but not as major as Flora, for example.

agree

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Jan 25 2009, 5:25 PM
Post #58

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Wow, I shouldn't stay on vacation so long. I missed a lot.

So far I do get the impression that Roxy, having a page of advertising to herself it seems, is going to be fairly important to the this whole "lost magic" plot of Earth. Which just makes me think (OPINION alert!) that Roxy is going to be some kind of reincarnated fairy-being or whatnot. *beats down rumor mill before it can start*

Also, I totally see where Humbu correlated Nova's looks to Roxy. Honestly, I think Straffi is using ideas from his previous characters. He probably has a book of character sketches, shuffles through it, thinks "hmm, haven't used this style for a bit" and plots him/her down for a character. Okay =P, maybe not that exactly, but still, he reproduces the same ideas a couple times that I have noticed.

Overall, the consistency of plot/events/universe of Winx Club has never been Straffi's strong suit. After all, this is a show meant for younger children so the pressure to keep everything tight goes flying out the window. Just look at Daphne. I remember her only being maybe 10 or so when Bloom was born, but then in the movie they show her being full grown when Bloom is born (otherwise, how could she be an adult nymph or whatever they proclaimed her to be after she dies?). The pizza thing as well. Straffi is just going to change things and not bother with keeping things consistent. Which is making the older viewers' heads roll, lol. And that's when my brother tells me "Obviously you're too old for cartoons now", =p. No way!

And I still do like Roxy's look, very much so indeed. I still wish they had changed her hair color, but she could turn out to be the polar opposite of Tecna that it may not matter. I wouldn't even care that they are bringing yet another *possible* member to the group so long as Straffi gives some time to the characters who need it. Maybe he'll do that in the 4th season. Lots of maybe in that statement though...Even if I like or dislike what Straffi decides, at least I get to talk about it and that's something to do instead of idling around.
terriordx32
post Jan 26 2009, 3:48 AM
Post #59

Cosmix Fairy

i think shes cute, and so is her name, she resembles nothing of tecna at all. i cant wait until they give more info on her

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
winxclub-joy
post Jan 27 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #60

Cosmix Fairy

ya....

--------------------

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 11:09 PM