Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> Where is season 4 going to take off from?
wkw427
post Feb 1 2009, 1:53 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Seeing as how the movie isn't in English, and assuming that most people aren't going to download the Italian version of the movie and read subtitles, is it going to take place after season 3, or the movie?

I'm really confused as to how the English sub is going to take it..

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post Feb 1 2009, 1:58 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Season 4 will be coming out soon. The plan is to air it, then have the second movie wrap up the series.

I'm guessing by the start of summer, season 4 will begin airing.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
wkw427
post Feb 1 2009, 2:45 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

*facepalm*

No! You don't get it. Yes we are going to see it, but is it going to pick up the events from the movie, or not?
Will Bloom have her full enchantex, Domino be saved, and be engaged with Sky, or not?

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
wkw427
post Feb 1 2009, 3:27 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Yes, but I'm sure most of the American/English/Non-computer-literate fans havn't

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

MorriganAensland
post Feb 1 2009, 3:41 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

I think it will pick up after the movie since there were plot elements from the movie that were not resolved, such as the Trix getting possessed by their ancestors.

--------------------

wkw427
post Feb 1 2009, 3:44 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Then they would HAVE to air the movie in English before season 4...

amirite?

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

P-girl
post Feb 1 2009, 8:18 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Tough one.... it's fairly obvious that the movie, even with the Trix stinger, was quite clearly meant to be the end. I mean, most things DID get resolved (At least all bits surrounding Bloom), and Season 4 came back because Straffi didn't want to lose his favorite cash cow Winx remained popular, at least in Europe/Italy. I think it takes place after the movie. As it's quite obvious Straffi doesn't care about America keeps to the original continuity. Y'know, the one not butchered edited by 4Kids. (I found the strike-out tags, yay!)
winxclub-joy
post Feb 1 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

o.O

nice one P-girl

--------------------
wkw427
post Feb 1 2009, 3:04 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Just air the darn Rai dub on cartoon network like they should of, and recall the rights to Winx from 4kids

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

MorriganAensland
post Feb 1 2009, 5:41 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Rainbow arguably *could* do that, but it might be a legal nightmare.

Remember that 4Kids, Upperdeck Entertainment, and the misguided parts of Konami make the Trifecta of Hell. Contracts that Straffi has with one could be connected to the others, and sorting things out could end up ugly.

--------------------

P-girl
post Feb 1 2009, 5:44 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

And I could imagine some fan backlash happening, I already had some difficulty thanks to the difference between 4Kids and Rai. (Diaspro is NOT in love with Sky, people! Stop saying she should be the one marrying him. [/annoyed] I don't like Diaspro fangirls who bring up this argument.)
LinneaKou
post Feb 1 2009, 5:50 PM
Post #12

Harmonix Fairy

Well, I still think that they should have stuck with a few more movies instead of keeping a series up. But that's just my opinion. Yup.

Straffi, you dork. Why haven't people learned from Pokemon??

--------------------
Lii is on deviantART and Livejournal...

...still doesn't have a life
:P

~BORING SIGNATURE IS BORING~
P-girl
post Feb 1 2009, 5:51 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

That..... they shouldn't listen to mon... er, fans?
MorriganAensland
post Feb 1 2009, 6:18 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

The lesson to be learned from Pokemon is that letting a story drag on indefinitely with no kind of resolution, genuine character development, or any semblance of an actual, genuine story arc is a BAD idea.

--------------------

P-girl
post Feb 1 2009, 6:20 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

That to. And altough Season 3 was a mess, I think Winx hasn't fallen for it...... yet.
wkw427
post Feb 1 2009, 6:40 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (MorriganAensland @ Feb 1 2009, 12:41 PM) *
Rainbow arguably *could* do that, but it might be a legal nightmare.

Remember that 4Kids, Upperdeck Entertainment, and the misguided parts of Konami make the Trifecta of Hell. Contracts that Straffi has with one could be connected to the others, and sorting things out could end up ugly.

Uh.... what?

I think season 3 was the best of all the seasons. 2 didn't make sense at all to me, and I saw both dubs. I don't think they ever introduced the codec and WHY they super powerful things, where Darkar came from and whatnot.. I think it was the weakest, arc wise.
Whereas season 3 makes much more sense. They could just plop 3 where 2 was and send 2 out the window. Witches go to prision, break out with help of a power-crazed wizard who knows Bloom, the four try to get super powerful, they are stopped. the end.

Infact, I have another idea..

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

P-girl
post Feb 1 2009, 6:46 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

The biggest weakness of Season 3 was introducing potentially interesting ideas, and then dismissing them or resulting in the world's largest copouts. (Whatever happened to Beta? And when Valtor transformed from normal to demon, not only his look, but his IQ points dropped dramatically as well. TECNA'S ENCHANTIX! The fact that we didn't even get to SEE the grand battle! (And even if we did, it was all Bloom, with everybody else standing around doing nothing) *Bang Bang Bang* I could go on, but my mom's complaining about the noise and the dents in my bedroom wall.) Darkar might've been the weakest villain, at least the season left only two cop-outs. (The Avalon-clone's dissapearance and the triple witch)
MorriganAensland
post Feb 1 2009, 6:58 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Feb 1 2009, 01:20 PM) *
That to. And altough Season 3 was a mess, I think Winx hasn't fallen for it...... yet.

Definitely. Season 3 fumbled around a *lot*, but they at least tried. They just wrote themselves into a corner very quickly and had to bash down the walls and make a mess to get out. The Enchantix issue was a huge instance of it, same goes with Chimera. Although the idea that focusing on the movie cost them does justify it, kinda.

--------------------

SolarfireWinx
post Feb 14 2009, 8:17 AM
Post #19

Sirenix Fairy

Hi guyses! *waves to her friends*

Yeah, Season 3 wrote themselves into a corner rather quickly, however, I never saw the original Italian. Did they write themselves into a corner originally or did 4kids edit them into a corner? icon_razz.gif

Speaking of 4Kids, they do have good voice actors, IMHO. To that effect Pokemon died twice. First time it died is when they kicked off the original 3 ((Why not just add May and Max with Misty?)) Nooo...they had to make it retarded by kicking off Misty for my personal biggest copout. Why not just kick Brock off too? -_-; He could've gone. *Is still pissed they screwed over her original favorite pairing* But then they screwed it over again by buying back Pokemon ((The dub)) from 4Kids and switching voice actors completely. I don't even pay attention to it anymore. They killed it completely now. Not only did they kick off the people who've been doing it for the past 10 years, they replaced them with really craptastic voice actors.

/end rant

--------------------

Uber goregeous sig by Fullmoon & kudos to dragonFire for the amazing userbar!!
~*The Magic's In You.*~
Zhanneel
post Feb 15 2009, 4:43 AM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Pokemon also got lame when the storyboard director decided to never allow Ash to "grow up" (seriously, can we have a little growth? He's been traveling for how long now?) and the decision to give him a most feminine sounding voice. Ash is one of those most static characters I've ever seen in a cartoon. Does he ever grow and learn? No. Is he still obsessed with nothing but battling? Yes. Nothing's changed, and that's boring.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 5:26 PM