Total Votes: 170
Guests cannot vote 
Eva
post Apr 3 2007, 8:58 PM
Post #81

Pixie

Group: New Members

[quote]Eva wrote:
My personal favorite faery (faerie?) is Musa ^-^ It's not like I hate all the other characters (maybe Bloom but still) but Musa stands proudly on #1
I'm really disappointed in the 4kids episode of The Show Must Go On (Musa's concert). I have seen the Rai version (in Dutch that is) and I personally think it was way better. These are a few things 4kids changed about Musa:
- in 4kids she is a (disowned?) princess, but in the rai version she is actually really poor! In the rai version they explain that they didn't have enough money to buy food, so also no medication for Musa's mother when she got ill. That's why her mother died.
- 4kids cut of a lot of scenes where Musa stands in front of the grave of her mother, and Musa tells her mom what happened before and during her concert.
- 4kids first made Musa's solo come, and then the song with Stella. The rai is the other way around.
- Rai lets Musa discusses about Riven with her father, and at the end of the episode (when Riven helps Musa's father up) her father says he has misjudged him.
- A lot of 'pictures' from Musa's past were taken out, although they gave a lot of information with it.
- Also important fact (not in the episode of Musa's concert but still pretty important if you ask me) Layla and Musa are best friends.

Yeah? Oh, man, I had no idea. I mean, I guessed Musa and Aisha were best friends, but the other stuff...totally over my head. I have a lot more respect for Musa as a character. (Although I still hate all her "slang.")[/quote]
actually, the slang is only in the 4kids version. I really don't like that slang too, but in the Rai she doesn't say that crazy stuff.
just like Stella doesn't say: Darling and Flora: Oh goody (see episode 1 season 3)[/quote]

--------------------
Fear The Evilness Of A Cupcake
Go to the top of the page
Eva
post Apr 3 2007, 8:59 PM
Post #82

Pixie

Eva wrote:  
My personal favorite faery (faerie?) is Musa ^-^ It's not like I hate all the other characters (maybe Bloom but still) but Musa stands proudly on #1  
I'm really disappointed in the 4kids episode of The Show Must Go On (Musa's concert). I have seen the Rai version (in Dutch that is) and I personally think it was way better. These are a few things 4kids changed about Musa:  
- in 4kids she is a (disowned?) princess, but in the rai version she is actually really poor! In the rai version they explain that they didn't have enough money to buy food, so also no medication for Musa's mother when she got ill. That's why her mother died.  
- 4kids cut of a lot of scenes where Musa stands in front of the grave of her mother, and Musa tells her mom what happened before and during her concert.  
- 4kids first made Musa's solo come, and then the song with Stella. The rai is the other way around.  
- Rai lets Musa discusses about Riven with her father, and at the end of the episode (when Riven helps Musa's father up) her father says he has misjudged him.  
- A lot of 'pictures' from Musa's past were taken out, although they gave a lot of information with it.  
- Also important fact (not in the episode of Musa's concert but still pretty important if you ask me) Layla and Musa are best friends.  

Yeah? Oh, man, I had no idea. I mean, I guessed Musa and Aisha were best friends, but the other stuff...totally over my head. I have a lot more respect for Musa as a character. (Although I still hate all her "slang.")

actually, the slang is only in the 4kids version. I really don't like that slang too, but in the Rai she doesn't say that crazy stuff.
just like Stella doesn't say: Darling and Flora: Oh goody (see episode 1 season 3)

--------------------
Eva
post Apr 3 2007, 9:00 PM
Post #83

Pixie

sorry, double post!

--------------------
99RedBalloons
post Apr 3 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #84

Tynix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (Eva)
just like Stella doesn't say: Darling and Flora: Oh goody (see episode 1 season 3)

No, I know, but since I don't understand Italian, I'm restricted to the 4Kids dub and wading through their generic "vernacular."
Abby
post Apr 3 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #85

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

yeah in north america we are all for the kid shows, like there isn't already. winx should be more like teen shows because a lot of teenagers like it and then it could have more romance and stuff in it you know?? Yeah i think that like tecna and musa were pretty close to each other too since they are roommates but they were closer in the first season. I think layla and musa bond more because i guess musa didn't have many friends until she came to alfea and layla didn't either you know? they explained that in one of the english eipsodes.
99RedBalloons
post Apr 3 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #86

Tynix Fairy

On the official Italian website, there was a poll a little while ago where they asked what your three favorite aspects of the show were. I believe "romance" was number one.
Abby
post Apr 3 2007, 11:29 PM
Post #87

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (99RedBalloons)
On the official Italian website, there was a poll a little while ago where they asked what your three favorite aspects of the show were. I believe "romance" was number one.

yeah i remember that! yeah it was number one! then magic transformation then i don't remember the next. hopefully that sends a message to the producers *hint hint* that we want romance in the movie.
99RedBalloons
post Apr 3 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #88

Tynix Fairy

QUOTE (Abby)
QUOTE (99RedBalloons)

yeah i remember that! yeah it was number one! then magic transformation then i don't remember the next. hopefully that sends a message to the producers *hint hint* that we want romance in the movie.

I think action was next. Anyway, yeah, you gotta wonder why they would've made such a poll if not to TELL THEM HOW TO WRITE THE MOVIE, HINT HINT.
magicfairy
post Apr 4 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #89

Earth Girl

My favorite fiary is stella the flora the bloom
Purityangel
post Apr 4 2007, 1:42 AM
Post #90

Bloomix Fairy

I think Mirta is cool!
Ranma
post Apr 4 2007, 3:04 AM
Post #91

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

I felt bad for her for the longest time, I thought it was cool when she changed schools.

--------------------
99RedBalloons
post Apr 4 2007, 3:06 AM
Post #92

Tynix Fairy

I thought it was cool too, but then she was a fairy all of a sudden. That kind of confused me. I mean...I thought she was a witch.
Ranma
post Apr 4 2007, 3:36 AM
Post #93

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, that's my biggest problem with it. I want her to have an episode to her self, explaining all of that. Helia needs more back story as well. All we know about him is that Saladin is his grandfather.

--------------------
99RedBalloons
post Apr 4 2007, 3:39 AM
Post #94

Tynix Fairy

QUOTE (Ranma)
Yeah, that's my biggest problem with it. I want her to have an episode to her self, explaining all of that. Helia needs more back story as well. All we know about him is that Saladin is his grandfather.

Or his uncle, according to 4Kids. Why did they decide to change that? Makes no sense. It's the same number of syllables, so that can't be it... 4Kids is weird.
Ranma
post Apr 4 2007, 3:47 AM
Post #95

Cosmix Fairy

I still can't believe that they changed Flora's birthday!

--------------------
99RedBalloons
post Apr 4 2007, 3:49 AM
Post #96

Tynix Fairy

QUOTE (Ranma)
I still can't believe that they changed Flora's birthday!

I can't believe they changed ALL the birthdays. Seriously, what's the point? And they even made a reference to Bloom's birthday being in December, despite having changed it.
Ranma
post Apr 4 2007, 3:53 AM
Post #97

Cosmix Fairy

That's horrible. I really don't see the need to change something like that. Is a birthday offensive to anyone? Seriously!

--------------------
winxclub-joy
post Apr 4 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #98

Cosmix Fairy

Maybe 4kids think that they own winx club. But they DO NOT own them as it was not created by them. They just dubbed and edit it. The voices of each characters are okay, but the editing sucks like hell

--------------------
99RedBalloons
post Apr 4 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #99

Tynix Fairy

I doubt that 4Kids thinks they actually own Winx Club, but they definitely think they know what the public wants when it's receiving Winx Club. Which they don't. They seem to think a show about fairies and witches and heroes will appeal mostly to the younger age bracket (that is, 7-9) and thus they dub it as such. Of course, that's stupid, as the show is SUPPOSED to be targeted for the bracket 9-12 and even with its crappy dubbing, it still attracts an age much higher than that.
Stellaksjuta
post Apr 4 2007, 1:11 PM
Post #100

Mythix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

QUOTE (99RedBalloons)
I doubt that 4Kids thinks they actually own Winx Club, but they definitely think they know what the public wants when it's receiving Winx Club. Which they don't. They seem to think a show about fairies and witches and heroes will appeal mostly to the younger age bracket (that is, 7-9) and thus they dub it as such. Of course, that's stupid, as the show is SUPPOSED to be targeted for the bracket 9-12 and even with its crappy dubbing, it still attracts an age much higher than that.

Ye! Maybe the Rai Due don`t want 4kids to show the enchantix and the fairy powder/Polvere Di Fata , and they talked about it and bla bla bla and Rai due want the 4kids to cut out the half of enchantix transformations and fairy powder... Copyrights! icon_rolleyes.gif

19 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 6:28 PM