5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Add Reply
> 2nd Winx Movie!
Tiny Dragon
post Sep 14 2007, 3:33 AM
Post #1

Mythix Fairy

Group: Members

Alright I am in the Winx Club Community on Live Journal and there is a girl there that is able to read Italian and she read a rather lengthy interview with the Igino Staffi and posted some of the questions.

"Your dreams are the reality: that's what magic is"
So says one of the five songs of "The secret of the lost kingdom" , the long awaited Winx Movie that will premiere on November, 30th (on that date, 35 minutes will be shown at Rome Film Festival)
The six fairies will go through the depths of the dark dimension, fight absolute evil to bring Bloom's parents back to life and defeat nightmarish creatures.
[...]

Q:What news are awaiting for the fans of the series?
A:Mostly the passage from 2D to 3D. For the rest, the Winx world remains faithful to itself. But that translates to a great novelty. Because we are accustomed to american animated movies, that talks about fairy tales or comedies. Here, instead, a part for some light moments, some jokes, the focus is on adventure with moments of great emotions, sometimes even dramatics.
I had to intervene a lot of times during film production to tone down some scenes that were becoming too scary.

Q:Is this a female oriented movie?
A:Not only. We put some male elements because we want the whole family at the theatre, with a romantic and universal story

Q:Did the success calm you down? Or are the anxieties getting bigger?
A:We are already projecting a new animated movie with the script writer of "Ice Age" and a second Winx movie.
Yes, anxieties get bigger, but when I have dinner with the Time Warner president or the Mattel one I know that if you don't find an agreement it's not a tragedy, there are always other possibilities

W00t! The Winx Club is not dead!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
mimi_x3
post Sep 14 2007, 3:38 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO This is great news =] 2nd winx movie whoooo partyyyy ; wonder whats it about wait if theres going to be a 2nd winx movie shouldn't there be a season 4? im confused now but thanks for the information Tiny Dragon!

--------------------

[ My Sisters : Fa, Anny, Becca, And Riliana ]

Nothin Matters When Your Broken , How Can My heart possibly break when it wasnt even whole to start with,

<33 Dis Quote
"Love Is Like The Wind. You Can't See It But You Can Feel It" - Landen Carter ( A walk To remember)
winxclub-joy
post Sep 14 2007, 10:35 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

2nd winx movie? Well hope but please not in 3D, I don't want to hurt myself again -.-"

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 14 2007, 3:45 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

They're gonna, and I don't mind. I really like the style.
mightymarty2
post Sep 14 2007, 4:28 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Thats great news

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Riliana
post Sep 14 2007, 4:46 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

thats wonderful news... thanks for letting us know.
dragonFire
post Sep 14 2007, 7:29 PM
Post #7

Bloomix Fairy

Thats awesome!!! i wuz afraid winx club wuz gunna b over. thanx for tellin us!!^^

---------------------

*made by mimi*
Boo
post Sep 15 2007, 12:53 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Yay! Thanks for posting this great info!

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
Another Morning
post Sep 15 2007, 5:01 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Yay! Thankies for the info, Tiny Dragon! ^.^ *happy jig*

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
esca Eterna
post Sep 16 2007, 6:22 PM
Post #10

Mythix Fairy

Oooo Winx Club is so not dead! Tell your friend thanks, Tiny Dragon!

--------------------
♥
~ don't try to understand me, just love me ~

save me from losing it all
guide me through the darkest
catch me before I fall
but let me create myself

esca might be coming back soon, if her life decides to stop being really crazy ^^

MorriganAensland
post Sep 16 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

In all honesty, I am not that much of a Winx fan. Really.

However, I must admit, with an unbiased outlook, that the show would have been much, much better if instead of the traditional "seasonal" format, Straffi made it into a bunch of OVAs.

For those that don't know, OVAs, or "Original Video Animations", are essentially the "happy medium" between a series of episodes and a movie. They are typically longer, but can sometimes be only a few minutes long. They are typically shown on television and then released in casette or DVD form, and usually are not shown in theaters even if they are very long, like the Devilman OVA. Unlike television shows, however, there are no commercial breaks. Sometimes they are shown in installments, like the Saint Seiya Hades Sanctuary and Hades Inferno OVAs, sometimes not.

However, the OVAs, if they make up a series, does not have many episodes. The longest OVA I know of, off the top of my head, was New Getter Robo, which went for 15 episodes.

Considering the "school year" aspect of Winx, it would work quite well with a series of OVAs instead... maybe forty-five minutes long each, maybe seven for each school year. The end result: avoiding "filler" episodes where essentially nothing happens whatsoever, making the show much more streamlined.

I mean, Mazinkaiser crammed an ABSURD amount of story into seven episodes, each one just thirty minutes long. And don't get me started on RE: Cutie Honey, which ran for only three episodes and told the story of the Cutie Honey live action movie made not long before that AND added boatloads of plot elements without screwing up on the overall plot.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Griselda
post Oct 4 2007, 8:17 PM
Post #12

A True Fairy

I'm glad. The more Winx the better is the way I see it.

--------------------
LinneaKou
post Nov 24 2007, 2:00 AM
Post #13

Harmonix Fairy

Haappii-desu! (Does happy dance) I was hoping against all hope that the WinX wouldn't just fade away to the background of cartoon history. Super-LadyLii-w00t!!

--------------------
Lii is on deviantART and Livejournal...

...still doesn't have a life
:P

~BORING SIGNATURE IS BORING~
Abby
post Nov 24 2007, 7:12 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

I hope there really is a second winx club movie!
StellaRocks
post Nov 24 2007, 8:05 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

same here

--------------------

"Don't ever forget that with each step a person is able to take on their own, they have become that much stronger." ~Tamahome
shiverw
post Nov 25 2007, 3:54 PM
Post #16

A True Fairy

Yes iam verry verry happyyyyyyyyyyyy

But i don't understand english very well and i don't understand if Ice Age is a normal film or the title of the second movie.

Thanks for the info Tiny Dragon icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif
StellaRocks
post Nov 25 2007, 3:56 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

ice age was a whole different film

--------------------

"Don't ever forget that with each step a person is able to take on their own, they have become that much stronger." ~Tamahome
Zhanneel
post Apr 7 2008, 3:06 AM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Okay, probably no 4th season, but a second movie for sure. That's good. Now, they'd better round out some of the *less* popular characters a bit more or there will be retribution from the fans...or maybe just me =P. *coughzenithcoughcough*
Boo
post Apr 10 2008, 2:33 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

I hope the second movie isn't all about Bloom (and I hope that it doesn't take years to come out). I know the Bloom situation is hopeless: it's to be expected, sadly. I really hope they do bring out the other characters more though, (like you said Zhanneel). What's sad is: if the second movie is the grand finale of the winx club (if you want to say it like that), then they really really should try to pull away from Bloom. Okay, we've seen quite enough of her: the whole series and the movie were all pretty much focussed on her. I'll be disappointed if the characters that don't get their fair share of the spotlight just fade into the background again if there is a second movie. Take Flora and Tecna for example: we've hardly seen much of them throughout the series, and they only had little scenes in the movie, I would hate it if they just were pushed aside again in the second movie.

Ok... I'm done complaining now. Maybe I should write a letter.... Quick! Before they start producing the next movie! I must hurry! (just kidding).

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
winxclub-joy
post Apr 10 2008, 3:16 AM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

I'm waiting for rai's reply......

--------------------

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:36 PM