Add Reply
> W.i.t.c.h Or..., W.I.T.C.H or Winx club
Rating 5 V
Dilaraphoenix
post Jul 24 2008, 6:02 AM
Post #121

A True Fairy

Group: Members

I like Winx better than W.I.T.C.H cause W.I.T.C.H cartoon is boring but Winx's cartoons and comics are nice and in the magazine, comic doesn't fills all pages and goes boring. but W.I.T.C.H comic fills all the magazine and be's very boring.

--------------------

Siggy and avatar by me!
My piczo
My DA
Go to the top of the page
SolarfireWinx
post Jul 24 2008, 9:57 PM
Post #122

Sirenix Fairy

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ May 30 2008, 03:32 PM) *
That's cool, I understand your reasoning. W.I.T.C.H. is on a whole other caliber than Winx Club. I know there's this huge debate online about them being enemies, and you can only truly love one or the other but...that's total crud. I love both shows, and for different reasons. Winx is definitely the more magical and colorful of the two. It screams "fantasy".

W.I.T.C.H. on the other hand is on the opposite side of the spectrum, as it is down to earth, realistic (even given the powers), and more playful, sarcastic, and witty. It seems to have taken on the audience of older viewers, and unfortunately doesn't hit home with the younger crowd. I think it is honestly a little too mature, or if anything, not as fantastical and interesting to the younger crowd simply because the girls are so natural and normal. In this sense, the shows are pretty much unrelated and hard to compare. The show is not steeped in some fantasy-like setting and doesn't have that magical quality, but on it's own level I really loved it for it's realistic, here-and-now setting. If anything, the witty fighting humor was enough to hook me icon_wink.gif.

I like them both, I just watched all of W.I.T.C.H and I've seen all of Winx so now I feel like I can make a better comparison. I totally agree with Zhanneel's statement above. Winx Club is a lot more visually appealing than W.I.T.C.H, but W.I.T.C.H has a much more solid and interesting plot line. I like that in W.I.T.C.H they pretty much give all of the girls equal screen time and W.I.T.C.H has a LOT less plot gaps than Winx Club does. W.I.T.C.H also has a really good writer, the dialogue and sarcasm made me lol more than once, coupled with the awesomeness of good veteran VAs. I feel like W.I.T.C.H is almost more Sci-fi than fantasy, they've got a lot more of the Sci-fi elements going on in their stuff and the show has a much darker feel to it. What's kinda interesting in W.I.T.C.H is the handicaps the creator leaves on purpose, like that they must be in harmony and that Will has to transform them. They don't leave as much up to the imagination and there's more strategy going on because there's less "magic" than in Winx. They give the show rules and stick to them, pretty much. I wish it'd gone on though, Season 2 was SO not the end.

--------------------

Uber goregeous sig by Fullmoon & kudos to dragonFire for the amazing userbar!!
~*The Magic's In You.*~
Zhanneel
post Jul 25 2008, 3:09 AM
Post #123

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I wanted the show to continue too =(. Now all I do is read the comics, which are nice I suppose, but I want to hear my favorite brainy girl Taranee speak once in a while too =P.
Hirondelle
post Jul 26 2008, 7:07 AM
Post #124

Harmonix Fairy

I don't know if someone else has said this already, but I prefer Winx Club over W.I.T.C.H definitely, because the main appeal about it is that it's extremely girly. And I like the character design in the show better than W.I.T.C.H's.
But honestly, I find the cartoon from Disney a complete let down. From what I knew of the comic's series, I liked what I read and what I saw. I was sorta excited/intrigued I'd be able to watch the cartoon once I found out (because usually I don't have such luck), but....I saw one episode, and I couldn't tolerate it. Irma is my favorite, but I cannot standdddd that....'voice' she has. It's so cartoon-y that it doesn't fit the look and feel of the show. Also, Cornelia is a huge snooty brat, and I've seen many people complain that she originally wasn't that bad.
That aside, the cartoon has too much of a creepy feel from what I know, and I've seen a number of episodes so if I still feel that way about it...it's just not going to set right with me. (rant over 8D)
Lastly, the style is such a transition from the comic's art style, which I found extremely pretty. If I could buy the comics or even the mangas somewhere, I'd totally do it just for the art. I'd buy Winx Club's too, but it doesn't have as much appeal to me because the design is based off the show, and I find they're too similar to give me that same interest. *shrug*

This post has been edited by Hirondelle: Jul 26 2008, 7:08 AM

--------------------

Faedust Charms
winxclub-joy
post Jul 26 2008, 7:40 AM
Post #125

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I just don't know why, a lot of people said they that winx is just another version of witch. I don't really think that at all, but all I knew is winx club is definitely my fave more than witch. I watch only few episodes of witch and stopped because I find that it's kind of least interesting. Although somehow the winx storyline is a bit messy, but they was it was created was capturing people's heart, to believe there's a world called magic

--------------------
P-girl
post Jul 26 2008, 7:42 AM
Post #126

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I think people compare things because.... that's what people do. (Might sound confusing, but scienctific tests show that humans see connections everywhere, even if they don't exist.) They think 'Transforming girls' and start comparing, even if the shows are worlds apart.
winxclub-joy
post Jul 26 2008, 7:47 AM
Post #127

Cosmix Fairy

ok, that sounds logic

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Jul 26 2008, 3:26 PM
Post #128

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

QUOTE (P-girl @ Jul 26 2008, 03:42 AM) *
I think people compare things because.... that's what people do. (Might sound confusing, but scienctific tests show that humans see connections everywhere, even if they don't exist.) They think 'Transforming girls' and start comparing, even if the shows are worlds apart.

I agree. I don't think people can compare Winx and Sailor Moon, but eh, it happens. I guess you can have a personal favorite, but I can't say Winx or WITCH is better than the other in terms of story and animation. They are both excellent. Winx may be my favorite when it comes to pretty, girly cartoons, and WITCH is my favorite when I think of realistic, down-to-earth cartoons (not to mention hilarious). The plots are so different that I can easily love both of them and not feel the need to compare them. I really can't say I like one over the other because I love each one for different reasons =). Though I can see how someone who reads the WITCH comics first may not appreciate the cartoon as much.
winxclub-joy
post Jul 26 2008, 3:40 PM
Post #129

Cosmix Fairy

yeah, that's quite true. Quite logical

--------------------
Riiana
post Jul 30 2008, 2:34 PM
Post #130

Cosmix Fairy

I completely agree with what SolarfireWinx said. Completely.
I don't think that both shows should have battles about which one's better. Their both good, both have their weaknesse's and advantages. So their equal.
Thats what I personally think.

--------------------
PinkSugar
post Jul 30 2008, 3:00 PM
Post #131

Enchantix Fairy

But then again, just because they are both good doesn't mean people still can't have favorites? I know for a fact I could say "I love waffles. I love pancakes, but I prefer waffles. Or: I love waffles, I love bacon, but I prefer waffles." Similar and worlds apart. Strengths and weaknesses (even though it's food, just a point,) but it's just my preference.

WinX has a more visual appeal than W.I.T.C.H for me, but what I saw of W.I.T.C.H I liked well enough. However, I never bothered to pursue it, perhaps for shallow reasons (aka. the visual.) Though I read up on it, and given the chance to see it from the beginning, I'd probably see how well I liked it. Although an inconclusive opinion, I'd have to say I prefer WinX just because I've watched it all the way through. They're both great shows (from what I can tell), and I think I'd like W.I.T.C.H, but at this moment, I'd have to say I like WinX better if ONLY because I've seen it. I'll try to hunt down W.I.T.C.H episodes and see if my opinion changes.

--------------------

signature by saruvi of AF // suiitsunohime is a name I go by on other boards
Zhanneel
post Jul 31 2008, 2:24 PM
Post #132

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

QUOTE (PinkSugar @ Jul 30 2008, 11:00 AM) *
But then again, just because they are both good doesn't mean people still can't have favorites? I know for a fact I could say "I love waffles. I love pancakes, but I prefer waffles. Or: I love waffles, I love bacon, but I prefer waffles." Similar and worlds apart. Strengths and weaknesses (even though it's food, just a point,) but it's just my preference.

Yep, I agree (that's pretty much what I said in a post further up too) =). I'm neutral, and like both of them equally and on different terms, but I know plenty of people will have a preference for one over the other. But there's no reason for there to be a war against who is the best =P.

And if you like torrents, there should be a few out there that host season 1 and 2 of W.I.T.C.H. I think you'll love the humor of the show too ^^.
MorriganAensland
post Jul 31 2008, 4:44 PM
Post #133

Cosmix Fairy

To be fair though, the only princess in the story is not one of the main heroines and a similar necessary plot-device about transforming was also used in Pretty Cure.

True, that was only TWO people, and they merely needed to be in contact with each other...

But I digress. The point is, both have their strengths, both have their (to me, glaring) flaws. This almost amounts to people arguing over whether Bleach or Naruto is better; ignoring the fact One Piece is better than both of them... because, well, Pretty Cure's a franchise that's been more successful than Tokyo Mew Mew or Sailor Moon... or even Cutie Honey, the series that INVENTED the genre.

^_^

Nothing wrong with being a cruel woman when it comes to my opinions.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Riiana
post Jul 31 2008, 7:30 PM
Post #134

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah thank you Zhanneel.
What I'm saying is that there shouldnt be a war about which one's better because everyone has their own opinion and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Please don't twist my words, I didnt say that people can't chose between, I just pointed out that theres no reason to fight over which ones better because, like Zhanneel pointed out, everyone has a different opinion.

--------------------
PinkSugar
post Aug 1 2008, 12:12 AM
Post #135

Enchantix Fairy

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Jul 31 2008, 10:24 AM) *
Yep, I agree (that's pretty much what I said in a post further up too) =). I'm neutral, and like both of them equally and on different terms, but I know plenty of people will have a preference for one over the other. But there's no reason for there to be a war against who is the best =P.

And if you like torrents, there should be a few out there that host season 1 and 2 of W.I.T.C.H. I think you'll love the humor of the show too ^^.

^_^ Yes. I'm sorry, I should have begun the post with "I agree with Zhanneel." But I'll definitely look up the torrent for it! Thanks!

--------------------

signature by saruvi of AF // suiitsunohime is a name I go by on other boards
Zhanneel
post Aug 1 2008, 3:04 AM
Post #136

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

If it helps I understand what both of you mean =).
Dark_Side_Master
post Apr 18 2009, 6:37 PM
Post #137

Mythix Fairy

i think w.i.t.c.h is lame, winx is my choise, ofcourse.

--------------------
Glory to the Sin'doray!!!

Forum set by *Stella*. Thank you so much! Official image by Blizzard Co.

Userbar made by jah-jah. thank you so much :)
Oh, and the main thing, HERE AM I!
Zhanneel
post Apr 18 2009, 8:34 PM
Post #138

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I've been saying this a lot lately, lol, but to each his/her own.

I still love both of them =).
mightymarty2
post Apr 18 2009, 8:38 PM
Post #139

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

i am the same though winx edgeses

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 12:24 PM