3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Add Reply
> The Winx Club Movie - 4kids Version
Tiny Dragon
post Jun 24 2007, 4:01 AM
Post #1

Mythix Fairy

Group: Members

I was thinking about the movie and starting to think of the different versions that we have of the Winx Club. Do you think 4kids will dub the movie for the people that follow the 4kids version of the Winx Club or will we only get the Rai English version? I personally would like both as I follow both versions.

What is your thoughts?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
Abby
post Jun 24 2007, 4:58 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Well I only would want 4kids to dub it just for their voice actors but once it come out on dvd I am definately getting my hands on a rai english one or at least the italian version incase 4kids does dub it (they will probably take out tons of good scenes) and i can see the WHOLE thing through.
#1winxclubfan
post Jun 24 2007, 10:34 AM
Post #3

Charmix Fairy

I would like both. I want to see the 4kids versions for the voice actors and tha RAI version for the scenes that will probably be edited

--------------------
Connie
post Jun 24 2007, 8:30 PM
Post #4

Tynix Fairy

Yes Me as well I want to see both versions =]

--------------------

Screenshot Credits to WinxMedia But I made this

thanks to Stellaksjuta
mightymarty2
post Jun 27 2007, 6:09 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Me too. Can not have too much Winx.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Abby
post Jun 28 2007, 3:53 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

plus i love the language italian so I would love to see it in that.
Enchantix_Beauty
post Jun 28 2007, 7:09 AM
Post #7

A True Fairy

Me too!!! icon_biggrin.gif

--------------------
Winx Club! Fairy Power!

mimi_x3
post Jul 23 2007, 7:07 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

i adgree you cannot ever have enough winx and its fun to hear in a new language and learn it :]]

--------------------

[ My Sisters : Fa, Anny, Becca, And Riliana ]

Nothin Matters When Your Broken , How Can My heart possibly break when it wasnt even whole to start with,

<33 Dis Quote
"Love Is Like The Wind. You Can't See It But You Can Feel It" - Landen Carter ( A walk To remember)
Zimi~of~Statix
post Jul 23 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #9

Enchantix Fairy

QUOTE (Abby @ Jun 28 2007, 03:53 AM) *
plus i love the language italian so I would love to see it in that.

Italian is okay is small doses, personally I only want to see the original dub if its subbed. Rapid italian is quite difficult to translate, and I've been learning for 5 years.

Also with all of you talking about the editing, to be honest with you I don't think it will be heavily edited, if at all. Reason being movies can have different ratings to their counterpart series. For example yu-gi-oh had a pg rating for the movie and if i'm not mistaken it usualy has a G rating?

Also another reason why the show is so heavily edited is they have to cut a show that runs for 30 minutes to make it fit into a 20 minute time slot.

A movie can run as long as it wants, judging that Rainbow has already edited the movie into a standard movie running(under 2 hrs).

There are plenty of valid reasons why they have to edit the show, but in my opinion there is absolutly no reason why they should have to edit the film.
Boo
post Jul 23 2007, 9:46 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

I wouldn't personally enjoy seeing the Rai English dub of the movie (the voices are terrible), I'd love it if 4kids got ahold of it (they hire greatly fitting voice actors), and since its a movie and they don't have to cut to commercial in the middle of it, I don't think there is a need for them to edit so much, if so, I'd see the Italian one first, then watch the 4kids dub to see what they were saying.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
Abby
post Jul 25 2007, 4:34 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Boo @ Jul 23 2007, 05:46 PM) *
I wouldn't personally enjoy seeing the Rai English dub of the movie (the voices are terrible), I'd love it if 4kids got ahold of it (they hire greatly fitting voice actors), and since its a movie and they don't have to cut to commercial in the middle of it, I don't think there is a need for them to edit so much, if so, I'd see the Italian one first, then watch the 4kids dub to see what they were saying.

yeah me too. I hate the rai english actors their voices just don't really seem right for the characters at all. me too I think it won't be cut as much but they could still change the story line to be more "appropriate" so I would like to see a rai version of it. But I am almost positive 4kids will dub it since winx is a big part of 4kids.
John
post Jul 25 2007, 12:34 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Zimi~of~Statix @ Jul 23 2007, 01:38 PM) *
Italian is okay is small doses, personally I only want to see the original dub if its subbed. Rapid italian is quite difficult to translate, and I've been learning for 5 years.

Also with all of you talking about the editing, to be honest with you I don't think it will be heavily edited, if at all. Reason being movies can have different ratings to their counterpart series. For example yu-gi-oh had a pg rating for the movie and if i'm not mistaken it usualy has a G rating?

Also another reason why the show is so heavily edited is they have to cut a show that runs for 30 minutes to make it fit into a 20 minute time slot.

A movie can run as long as it wants, judging that Rainbow has already edited the movie into a standard movie running(under 2 hrs).

There are plenty of valid reasons why they have to edit the show, but in my opinion there is absolutly no reason why they should have to edit the film.

THey should not have to edit the film at all
BloomKianna
post Oct 10 2007, 4:29 PM
Post #13

Tynix Fairy

Has anyone yet seen The Secret of The Lost Kingdom yet. And where can I watch a Really good triler?

--------------------

Thanx for the graphic my BF METB By dragonfire
Thanx Fa
Griselda
post Oct 10 2007, 5:54 PM
Post #14

A True Fairy

Ugh, I would hate it if they replaced the 4kids voices in the English version. I hated Tecna's new voice the instant I heard it.

--------------------
Boo
post Oct 11 2007, 1:20 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

The only time I thought Tecna's voice fit her was seasons 1 and 2 (4kids). the season 3 4kids voice really just is...too...erm, kiddish if you ask me. I also like the Italian voices (Rai Due).

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
AnnieBelle
post Oct 11 2007, 1:28 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Yeah, one of my friends (The one who hates Winx the most) was forced to watch several episodes by me, and as soon as she heard Tecna's voice circa The Crystal Labyrinth, she so kindly commented, "She sounds eight."

--------------------
DuelMasterP
post Oct 20 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #17

A True Fairy

I'm hoping that's it's just Rai Eng. I will feel slightly sorry for those who have only seen the 4kids version as 4kids changed so much. The words "Domino" and "Andros" will probably completely confuse them.

--------------------

winxclub-joy
post Oct 21 2007, 1:48 AM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (DuelMasterP @ Oct 21 2007, 06:46 AM) *
I'm hoping that's it's just Rai Eng. I will feel slightly sorry for those who have only seen the 4kids version as 4kids changed so much. The words "Domino" and "Andros" will probably completely confuse them.

When I 1st watched the 4kids version, it totally confused me. I was like asking, "What the heck is Sparks? But nice name, anyway."

I still prefer Domino =D
Domino in English is Sparks Right? Maybe 4kids wanna build up their own English version, forgetting the existence of Rai English

--------------------
Zimi~of~Statix
post Oct 21 2007, 6:53 AM
Post #19

Enchantix Fairy

QUOTE (winxclub-joy @ Oct 21 2007, 01:48 AM) *
When I 1st watched the 4kids version, it totally confused me. I was like asking, "What the heck is Sparks? But nice name, anyway."

I still prefer Domino =D
Domino in English is Sparks Right? Maybe 4kids wanna build up their own English version, forgetting the existence of Rai English

I still don't understand why they called the planet Domino, in my opinion Sparx makes more sense to me, like sparks create fire.... it just ties in with the whole dragon fire thing whereas domino...... it's not even an actual word, I mean when I think of Domino all I can think of is the game, you know with the little rectangular tiles with numbered dots on them, which is the only thing the word is associated to.

Maybe they just picked Domino because it sounded cool or something, I can't think of any other reason. They do get creativity points though, so much more original than sparx
winxclub-joy
post Oct 21 2007, 7:06 AM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Zimi~of~Statix @ Oct 21 2007, 02:53 PM) *
I still don't understand why they called the planet Domino, in my opinion Sparx makes more sense to me, like sparks create fire.... it just ties in with the whole dragon fire thing whereas domino...... it's not even an actual word, I mean when I think of Domino all I can think of is the game, you know with the little rectangular tiles with numbered dots on them, which is the only thing the word is associated to.

Maybe they just picked Domino because it sounded cool or something, I can't think of any other reason. They do get creativity points though, so much more original than sparx

It kinda remind me of that game too, I love that game but it just getting me nerves when it keep falling
Maybe because Domino is Sparks in italian, so they just follow it.

--------------------

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 9:24 AM