> A 3rd Winx Movie?!, wow~~~how much more Winx are we getting?XD
bloomfan15
post Sep 25 2008, 3:37 PM
Post #1

Mythix Fairy

Group: Members

Hey check this out:

http://72.14.235.104/translate_c?hl=en&...FCUXn4x7dLei6nA

*sry for the slow page loading,i put up the translator there to help you guys read it in english*
Straffi said that they were already working on the 2nd movie,with the 3rd on the way! unbelievable!

This post has been edited by bloomfan15: Sep 25 2008, 3:39 PM

--------------------

Thank you for the amazing last 14 years #WestlifeForever (L)

Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Sep 25 2008, 3:39 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

It isn't that uncommon. Both 'Pirates'-sequels were shot back to back, and so did the last two Matrix-movies.
winxclub-joy
post Sep 25 2008, 3:50 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

yeah, that's how rainbow company survive. I can imagine if without winx, how they're going to survive XD

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Sep 25 2008, 4:18 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Interesting

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
dittadulla
post Sep 25 2008, 7:51 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

well, let's not worry about no winx in the nearest future xD

--------------------
humbu111
post Sep 25 2008, 10:05 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

yay! that is some totally amazing news! thanx much!

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Zhanneel
post Sep 26 2008, 1:42 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

One thing bothers me. This statement:

With a single worry: not yet have completely broken in the U.S., "perhaps - assumed Straffi - the more untidy look of American girls, away from the Italian and European refinement of my characters."

Seems a bit presumptuous for Straffi, seeing as he really doesn't know the reasons why American girls aren't jumping on the Winx Club bandwagon. Perhaps a bit more advertising would have helped. Second, he was competing with shows like Bratz where fashion and attitude dominate, and apparently that's what American girls hooked onto more. But he could have overcome those issues one way or another. Pfft. Untidy indeed. That's why all American girls watch Bratz--for the untidy clothes. *rolls eyes*
dittadulla
post Sep 26 2008, 7:26 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

he's so rude to americans *shakes head*

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 26 2008, 7:27 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

That was indeed uncalled for..... let's hope he gets back on them.
bloomfan15
post Oct 5 2008, 9:14 AM
Post #10

Mythix Fairy

-.-

--------------------

winxfairyfan
post Oct 5 2008, 9:20 AM
Post #11

Believix Fairy

Yeah, I hope so too.

--------------------

Textures and brushes from celestial-star.net
Blend 2 made for http://pokemon-legendz.6x.to
Boo
post Dec 7 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Sep 26 2008, 02:42 AM) *
One thing bothers me. This statement:

With a single worry: not yet have completely broken in the U.S., "perhaps - assumed Straffi - the more untidy look of American girls, away from the Italian and European refinement of my characters."

Seems a bit presumptuous for Straffi, seeing as he really doesn't know the reasons why American girls aren't jumping on the Winx Club bandwagon. Perhaps a bit more advertising would have helped. Second, he was competing with shows like Bratz where fashion and attitude dominate, and apparently that's what American girls hooked onto more. But he could have overcome those issues one way or another. Pfft. Untidy indeed. That's why all American girls watch Bratz--for the untidy clothes. *rolls eyes*

Well now, that was a bit rude. o_O
I think the problem lies with the constant changing of the series (as in, what demographic it is really targeted for). I personally thought season 1 was moreso for teens then younger children, whereas as the series progressed, the target demographic decreased in age. Plus, like mentioned, advertising. I also don't think 4kids handled it well. I have a feeling it might have done better under another company.

I do say, they should try to promote Winx a little more by early 2009 if Bratz would be their main competitor. From what I've heard, MGA Entertainment (the company that makes Bratz) got sued by Mattel and are discontinuing Bratz at the end of the holiday season (as said on Yahoo News)... so that could be possible good news for other companies to sneak in there and promote their products to the child/tween age group. I'm hoping Rainbow would seize that kind of opportunity... (maybe I should send them an email...) icon_mrgreen.gif

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
Zhanneel
post Dec 8 2008, 1:13 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

(Whoa, Bratz is getting sued? Thanks for this wonderful news Boo! Now I have to look into this further.

Sweet. http://www.thestar.com/business/article/548268 I hope that means the entire franchise is terminated. There seems to be some discrepancy at the end of the article as to the possibility of making future generations of Bratz dolls that do not violate a copyright from Mattel. But it seems the jury has already made their decision.)

And that would very nice for Winx fans if the dolls would make their way back on shelves. Especially in time for the movie (whenever/if it comes to the US). Come on Straffi, that's a good idea and you know it icon_wink.gif.
dittadulla
post Dec 8 2008, 4:20 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

oh, Mattel won? ^^ this is a mayor oppurtunity to bring winx back in!

but I still feel sorry for the poor Bratz dolls... a little....

--------------------
Abdu 6b
post Dec 8 2008, 8:58 PM
Post #15

Tynix Fairy

I haven't even watched the 1st movie english dubbed official yet and yet there's gonna be a thire. Unbelievable angry.gif ! Well I don't believe that and blah!

--------------------
Thank you Shaylo for the awesome signature.
StellaRocks
post Dec 8 2008, 9:51 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

2 things

1. YES im so glad bratzs got sued

2. i really need to see the first movie in english i could really care less about the 3rd one

--------------------

"Don't ever forget that with each step a person is able to take on their own, they have become that much stronger." ~Tamahome
Boo
post Dec 9 2008, 12:36 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Dec 8 2008, 01:13 AM) *
And that would very nice for Winx fans if the dolls would make their way back on shelves. Especially in time for the movie (whenever/if it comes to the US). Come on Straffi, that's a good idea and you know it icon_wink.gif.

Exactly! It's a perfect opportunity to increase popularity here. The more people see Winx (as in the movie, and maybe replaying the series), the better chance that they'll spend money on the merchandise. Plus, with a lack of much competition, the chances are better. Not to mention, it's Mattel that produced the Winx merchandise that was sold in the US at a time, and they are a very well-recognized toy company. If they could advertise a little, I think some profit could be made...
Or is this just me being hopeful? icon_mrgreen.gif (I'm seriously considering sending a letter to Rainbow... he he he).

Referring to what dittadulla said: I agree with your last statement... Though I think the whole Bratz thing was a horrible and degrading representation of what an "ideal" girl should be, I can't help but think of the little kids that were/are obsessed with them and what their parents will have to deal with...
Though, it is probably best that they disappear... they were setting a bad example.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
Zhanneel
post Dec 9 2008, 5:09 AM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Bratz have bedroom eyes. That's my main beef with them. Bleh.
winxclub-joy
post Dec 9 2008, 12:18 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

erm, wonder if I should say this? Bloomfan, if you're here please come and make decisions....

--------------------
bloomfan15
post Dec 9 2008, 1:43 PM
Post #20

Mythix Fairy

i know what you're thinking, Joy (makes a hard and painful decision)

This post has been edited by bloomfan15: Dec 9 2008, 1:46 PM

--------------------

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 6:51 AM