Add Reply
> Need help......
Rating 5 V
winxclub-joy
post Apr 11 2007, 2:00 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

My friends keep saying I'm childish as I am a winx club fans. I really don't understand why they keep saying that, but I ingored their stupid gossips. Just because I am 15 years old winx club fans, PPLs gossips about me. Singapore is not like Italy or other countries. Mostly of the teenagewrs hate winx club and only like 0.1% PPls like it. Some boys like winx too, but not many of them. Can anyone out there help me to deal with the gossiping problems? I really can't stand it...... ><
*STRESS*

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
Ranma
post Apr 11 2007, 7:48 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Not really much you can do. Just say that there is a 20 year old guy on the forums you visit that likes winx club. That's worse than a 15 year old girl. That probably won't help at all, but it is worth a shot I guess.

When I was about your age I got made fun of because I liked the sonic comic books.

--------------------
99RedBalloons
post Apr 11 2007, 7:57 PM
Post #3

Tynix Fairy

Group: Members

And an 18 year old girl. Really, there's not a lot you can do. People who call you childish are being childish themselves, of course, not like that's a big help. They should just leave you alone to like whatever you want, but...they're immature, and they won't, and it sucks but you've just gotta stick it out until they grow up. When I was your age, people made fun of me for liking Digimon. Now they're losers. Losers in college.

Spreading rumors is a BAD IDEA. So don't try to get back at them. Just...putting it out there. Not that I think you would ever do such a thing.
*Stella*
post Apr 11 2007, 8:02 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Im 16 and those friends, who know, that I watch winx are different opinions.. the ones say its childish the others say it's a part of me...

so if your friends dont see it as a part of you, they're really unfair.
99RedBalloons
post Apr 11 2007, 8:05 PM
Post #5

Tynix Fairy

Red flag alert: if you tell them about a 20 year old guy, an 18 year old girl, and a 16 year old girl on some message board who like Winx Club too, there's a good chance the people teasing you will brush you off and say we're all losers. So...be prepared for backlash.
Ranma
post Apr 11 2007, 8:45 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Lol, she's got a point. Though, I'm sure we all have so many accomplishments in our lives to prove that we aren't losers. I can imagine, once I become a big shot game designer, getting up infront of a lot of people at E3 or something.

"I have an announcement to make. I like the Winx Club, and I'm actually going to make a 'good' Winx Club video game."

*Cricket sounds*

"What?"

--------------------
Connie
post Apr 11 2007, 9:48 PM
Post #7

Tynix Fairy

I keep winx from my school and they dont know, not even my best friends know... I wish you could turn back time so you didnt tell them, Kids could be so cruel these days
Ranma
post Apr 11 2007, 9:59 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, but keeping it a secret is no better than being made fun of. Maybe I have a stubborn personality, but I 'never' do things the easy way.

--------------------
Jennygirl578
post Apr 11 2007, 11:23 PM
Post #9

Enchantix Fairy

QUOTE (winxclub-joy)
My friends keep saying I'm childish as I am a winx club fans.  I really don't understand why they keep saying that, but I ingored their stupid gossips.  Just because I am 15 years old winx club fans, PPLs gossips about me.  Singapore is not like Italy or other countries.  Mostly of the teenagewrs hate winx club and only like 0.1% PPls like it.  Some boys like winx too, but not many of them.   Can anyone out there help me to deal with the gossiping problems? I really can't stand it...... ><  
*STRESS*

I am soooo glad I'm not in high school anymore I don't have to deal with that. Liking Winx club doesn't make you childish. I'm 20 years old and a winx club fan. I lived in a girls dorm at college for a while, its amazing how many girls have teddy bears and watch cartoons. If your friends are giving you problems I guarantee you they are insecure about themselves. In the long run it doesn't matter what they think...be who you are and be happy....its hard but ignore them...I remember when I was around your age I liked sailormoon, some girls gave me a tough time for owning the comics and movies, they were all really miserable and hated the fact that I had no problem being who i was and admitting what I liked, those girls are just jealous of you
Selena
post Apr 17 2007, 9:08 AM
Post #10

Mythix Fairy

I'm 17 and a massive winx fan.

I kept it secret for over a year, till one day I had bought the DVDs and I was so happy that I showed my friend. A second I blushed, realising that I had not told her about my obbsession. I thorght she would think I was childish.
She asked to borrow them.

I have a couple of mates that get in to Winx and some who hate it. Most of my friends have a childish thing they like. We just get over it and deal.

I am in my last year of schooling and looking at some of the pencil-cases you would think otherwise.

[list]Winx
Winnie the pooh
Bratz
Faires
Cars
SpongeBob
Thomas the Tank Engine
And many more...[list]
winxclub-joy
post Apr 17 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

And also, my schoolmates said that winx club sucks as they think it was boring. I am the only winx fan from my school and thats why PPls said that I'm very lame and childish. Do you know last time, a person said bad things about me and keep saying winx club sucks? I beat that person and ended up it detention....
That was my worse day ever

--------------------
DuelMasterP
post Apr 17 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #12

A True Fairy

You really shouldn't let it get to you. I do nothing but watch cartoons and play games. (I'm listening to cartoon themes right now ^_^)

I know that most of my friends don't watch the same cartoons as me. Only one of them watches Winx (and has to suffer me ranting about 4kids) while another hates the show because she says it's too girly. (The joke here being I'm a guy who loves paying Mortal Kombat and stuff like that...)

Basically, so long as they're not trying to takeover the world, just ignore them. Everyone has an opinion. Without that, we'd all just be mindless zombies... (which would be bad...)

--------------------

99RedBalloons
post Apr 17 2007, 1:07 PM
Post #13

Tynix Fairy

It's true, but it's hard. All we can really do for you is tell you that we might have similar experiences and you've gotta suck it up, but when everyone is making fun of you, you might just need some support. It's hard when the only support you get is here. But...it's something.

I personally don't make a big show of hiding the fact that I like Winx Club, but I also don't advertise. It's like, here's this thing about me that's true, and you don't need to know it, but if you find out, no big. I'm who I am and you're who you are and we don't need to clash because we're different.
*Stella*
post Apr 17 2007, 1:44 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Only some of my good friends know it..
and i convincend two of them, to watch it - they like it very much
maybe they'll join this forum in a few weeks (first they have to watch all episodes..)
icon_biggrin.gif
Jennygirl578
post Apr 17 2007, 3:24 PM
Post #15

Enchantix Fairy

QUOTE (99RedBalloons)
I personally don't make a big show of hiding the fact that I like Winx Club, but I also don't advertise. It's like, here's this thing about me that's true, and you don't need to know it, but if you find out, no big. I'm who I am and you're who you are and we don't need to clash because we're different.

I completely agree.
Abby
post Apr 17 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

well no one knows i like winx club besides my brother, mother, and father. Sure i have the dolls on display but my friends don't know what it is since it isn't really popular here in america and i just tell them that i thought the dolls were pretty. they also think they are pretty. i would be too afraid to tell them that they are based on a cartoon show. icon_redface.gif icon_redface.gif icon_redface.gif
Another Morning
post Apr 18 2007, 2:02 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

It was sort of funny when I told my two best friends about how I like Winx club, because it turns out that they were actually huge closet Winx fans, too. XD

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
mightymarty2
post Apr 20 2007, 4:09 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I know I have the same problem or feared it so I kept quiet. I am 17 and a guy. Just ignor them.
winxclub-joy
post Apr 25 2007, 9:10 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

Why they just can't accept winx club? They are really great..... -_-''

--------------------
Selena
post Apr 28 2007, 6:17 AM
Post #20

Mythix Fairy

QUOTE (winxclub-joy @ Apr 25 2007, 07:10 PM) *
Why they just can't accept winx club? They are really great..... -_-''

You cant make them like something just because you do. Nor should they inforce their beliefs on you.
You just have
walk like a dragon

--------------------

My toys were my friends
Until you taught them all how to bite

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 1:03 PM