Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Add Reply
> Seriously Need Help Here, For girls/ladies here T.T (ONLY GIRLS)
winxclub-joy
post Mar 9 2008, 10:00 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I was thinking of having a diet to lose 10 or 14 kg. I've tried bad diet but stopped because I heard it was not good for you, and you'll gain more weight. I just want my legs ,stomach and face to slim down. I seriously need help here, I need some advice like what type of balanced Diet I'm fit to.

But I got some problems:

1)I'm sensitive to Veggies, but I do eat carrots and potato.
2) I'm a big hater of wholemeal bread, they taste like yucks.
3)I don't take beef/goat meat/pork (Except for minced meat) But I take chicken and duck.
4)Besides that, I just want a part of my body to increase size. But I can't say what's that, you are girls you should know it
5) I cannot do exercise besides cycling, if I do some exercise like sit-up or jogging, I'll be in the hospital immediately (No joking, because of these I once being sent to school sickbay because of too much exercise, I hate that PE teacher I swear)

Please reply as soon as possible! Please save me, I'm begging you T.T

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
Abby
post Mar 9 2008, 5:00 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

I can't say much to you since I face the same problem. I don't think there is any way to get the thing that you want bigger because your still a growing girl and that is just natural. But for dieting I have tried a lot of things and I can't seem to diet. But the main thing is to be committed to something, which I have a hard time doing. This past week I worked out every night before bed but I got so sick this weekend I drank so much pop and ate so much but I am getting back on track tomorrow night.

Diet
What I do is not cut down on the type of food but all food. Eat a healthy breakfast (I eat cereal without sugar that way you can have 2 bowls to get you thorough to lunch) try not to each too much in between meals. I don't between lunch and breakfast since I'm at school but for lunch, pack your lunch if you can. Don't pack too much junk. I eat a pb&j sandwich and usually an oreo or two and a capri sun or some kind of juice box. Then when I get home from school I have a small snack, like some chips and chip dip or I had 2 pretzel sticks dipped in chocolate the other day. This is usually the time I like to "pig out" because I'm finally home from school and the stress but you can't let yourself do that. For dinner I usually eat whatever my parents make, but I don't eat 2 servings of it, try to balance out what you eat. Then finally for an evening snack, I usually try to avoid that, especially eating 1 hour before you go to bed. I know that can be hard but I try to avoid it. I usually have a bit of ice cream or some microwave popcorn a few nights here and there. Try brushing your teeth a bit after dinner so you can think to yourself "don't eat, I already brushed my teeth tonight"

Exercise
What I try to do is ride an exercise bike for a half and hour to work on my calf muscles. After that I do leg lifts to improve my stomach area and leg strength. I try to do 50 crunches a night also to improve my stomach and I am trying to do 5 push ups a night (I am terrible at push ups) to improve my upper body strength. I mostly do those because I'm in P.E. class now and we get tested at the end of the quarter for how many we can do and I need to be able to do 10 in order to get an A. I don't run right now because I don't have the stamina and it is still freezing cold outside where I live and so much snow. I only try to take 40 minutes to work out with homework and everything going on. I do sit ups with my legs in the air crossed so it is easier for now (my gym teacher told us we could do this) and leg lifts really help I think. I need to find my weights in the house to just work on my arm muscles while I am riding the exercise.

I hope this helps you. I hope it helps me also. I really don't like my body and I want to make my stomach flat so I feel comfortable wearing shirts I want to wear not just hoodies and loose t-shirts and be able to do good and be fit so I can live longer, not be a couch potato. I think face weight will come off with exercising and eating right, there is no way to work out your face. My goal is to improve my legs, my stomach, my arms, and my face hopefully.
winxclub-joy
post Mar 15 2008, 2:34 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Besides that? Do you have any recommendations? Please not exercise, I'll die from suffering

--------------------
AnnieBelle
post Mar 15 2008, 5:25 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Uhm, I'm probably not one to give advice about this kind of thing, but I do have a couple diet tips.
1. Try reading the labels on food. You should only be getting around 1800 calories per day, less if you have a slower metabolism.
2. Also try cutting down on starchy foods, and don't eat so much food made with bleached white flour. They're kinda bad for you, and that's the first step a lot of people take when they decide all those low/no carb diets are idiotic (PS: They are. No carbs are bad for you. You should have a few carbs a day.)

How tall are you? 'Cause I can run it through the nutrition data calculator on here to figure out that whole "how much of stuff you should be getting a day" thing.

--------------------
Abby
post Mar 15 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

well I'm sorry to say (I hate it too) but you need exercise to get any results at all because that is now you tone, just eating right isn't going to fix things.
winxclub-joy
post Mar 16 2008, 12:04 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Abby @ Mar 16 2008, 06:08 AM) *
well I'm sorry to say (I hate it too) but you need exercise to get any results at all because that is now you tone, just eating right isn't going to fix things.

I don't mind going into a air-conditioning gym to exercise, but if you mean outdoor, just kill me

--------------------
Abby
post Mar 16 2008, 7:38 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

that would be a great place to go work out and just do like an exercise bike or treadmill.
winxclub-joy
post May 3 2008, 12:41 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (AnnieBelle @ Mar 16 2008, 01:25 AM) *
Uhm, I'm probably not one to give advice about this kind of thing, but I do have a couple diet tips.
1. Try reading the labels on food. You should only be getting around 1800 calories per day, less if you have a slower metabolism.
2. Also try cutting down on starchy foods, and don't eat so much food made with bleached white flour. They're kinda bad for you, and that's the first step a lot of people take when they decide all those low/no carb diets are idiotic (PS: They are. No carbs are bad for you. You should have a few carbs a day.)

How tall are you? 'Cause I can run it through the nutrition data calculator on here to figure out that whole "how much of stuff you should be getting a day" thing.

I'm around 171cm, but I don't think I'm tall enough. I WANT TO BE MORE TALLER, TOO!!!!!
And craps, now i really must go for exercise =.="

--------------------
Jahnavi
post May 3 2008, 1:30 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

If you don't mind telling us, what's your current weight? If we know that, it'll be easier to decide what kind of exercise and diet you need.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
winxclub-joy
post May 3 2008, 1:40 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Jahnavi @ May 3 2008, 09:30 PM) *
If you don't mind telling us, what's your current weight? If we know that, it'll be easier to decide what kind of exercise and diet you need.

Ok, I'll tell my secret T-T

54.0KG, but I want it to be 45.0KG and below

(I accidentally edit your post just now, I'm sorry)

--------------------
Jahnavi
post May 3 2008, 2:07 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

It's not a good idea to lose that much weight quickly... Focus on losing a few Kgs at a time...

--------------------
Zhanneel
post May 3 2008, 9:41 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I'll try to offer some advice though I think everyone here has already given very good advice already.

**The most important thing to understand right NOW is that you are not done growing, and your body is not done sorting itself out yet**

My body did not stabilize and stop changing until I was at least 19 or maybe 20 and that changed everything. I was slightly overweight for my height in the last two years of high school. I was (am) 5 feet tall and at the time weighed close to 150 pounds. Overall, I had a lot of material in a small/short package. I also tried to lose weight and fought a mostly losing battle. It didn't help that I hadn't been eating too healthy for a few years and my body was used to taking in high amounts of calories. I was pretty chubby, but not terrible either. I survived the end of high school with some self-confidence remaining, but that was the beginning of a change. My body was finally done growing and changing, and now it had stabilized. After high school I was finally able to focus and maintain a diet plan (mainly just eating healthy things, and cutting out soda and candy and anything with high amounts of fat and sugar). I did more aerobic exercise (even if it's just twice a week for 30 minutes) and together with changing my diet and portions that I ate my weight came down gradually. Also, the stress of high school was gone and I could relax more. It wasn't quick, but it didn't take too long either, maybe about a nine months before I got down to the weight I needed to be.

There are so many problems related to teen dieting I just couldn't cover them in one reply. Just know that for many teen girls it can be nearly impossible to slim down when your body is still changing and with the added stress of school and peer pressure it just amplifies. Some girls are lucky and no matter what they eat they stay slim. For the rest of us, we have to watch what we eat and do some aerobics each week. I know exercise scares you but I think you just need to find your limit. If you get too winded doing certain types of exercise than you know you've gone too far. Also, as you exercise more and more your body changes for the better. Your metabolism may become boosted and your body will adjust and become stronger. Eventually, you'll be able to exercise for longer and longer amounts of time without getting winded. Your body just needs "practice". Part of the reason you may not be able to lose weight is that your body is almost stuck in a rut, where it can't metabolize your food well enough. Exercise can boost your body's ability to breakdown food and on top of that you will be burning more calories. When I started exercising I felt generally more healthy all around.

It's funny, because I had the exact same problem. I wanted my face, legs, and stomach (and sides) to slim down. I achieved this by BOTH, eating healthy AND exercising, which I was surprised really slimmed everything down. As long as you are doing some kind of aerobic exercise, your body will tone down everywhere. Situps, leg-lifts, and other kinds of exercise where you only use one part of your body will most likely not tone your body. It will give you more muscle, but that doesn't help your situation. If you do aerobic kinds of exercise, where your whole body is being worked, all parts of you will be toned at the same time.

And as for Part 4 of your troubles, as much as it sucks to hear it that change is completely up to your body. It may fluctuate with body weight in some people, but generally, there is no way to boost that part of your body NATURALLY. There are pills and drugs, but forget about those. Some parts cannot be changed even through natural processes such as diet and exercise, and I would never ever condone plastic surgery. Barbie doll images are never realistic, and everyone will have different proportions of this or that on their bodies. But that's what's great, that we're all different and not perfect.

So sorry this was so long. I just started thinking more and more about your situation and realized how similar it is to mine and almost every teen girl's situation. The best advice I can think of is don't think your body will stay the same forever. Once you're done growing you will be better able to control your figure and size.
Princess Rissa
post May 3 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #13

Sirenix Fairy

Group: Members

ok my weight is 90 and my height is 5.5 but I still look skinny

This post has been edited by Princess Rissa: May 3 2008, 11:17 PM

--------------------
winxclub-joy
post May 4 2008, 2:07 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ May 4 2008, 05:41 AM) *
I'll try to offer some advice though I think everyone here has already given very good advice already.

**The most important thing to understand right NOW is that you are not done growing, and your body is not done sorting itself out yet**

My body did not stabilize and stop changing until I was at least 19 or maybe 20 and that changed everything. I was slightly overweight for my height in the last two years of high school. I was (am) 5 feet tall and at the time weighed close to 150 pounds. Overall, I had a lot of material in a small/short package. I also tried to lose weight and fought a mostly losing battle. It didn't help that I hadn't been eating too healthy for a few years and my body was used to taking in high amounts of calories. I was pretty chubby, but not terrible either. I survived the end of high school with some self-confidence remaining, but that was the beginning of a change. My body was finally done growing and changing, and now it had stabilized. After high school I was finally able to focus and maintain a diet plan (mainly just eating healthy things, and cutting out soda and candy and anything with high amounts of fat and sugar). I did more aerobic exercise (even if it's just twice a week for 30 minutes) and together with changing my diet and portions that I ate my weight came down gradually. Also, the stress of high school was gone and I could relax more. It wasn't quick, but it didn't take too long either, maybe about a nine months before I got down to the weight I needed to be.

There are so many problems related to teen dieting I just couldn't cover them in one reply. Just know that for many teen girls it can be nearly impossible to slim down when your body is still changing and with the added stress of school and peer pressure it just amplifies. Some girls are lucky and no matter what they eat they stay slim. For the rest of us, we have to watch what we eat and do some aerobics each week. I know exercise scares you but I think you just need to find your limit. If you get too winded doing certain types of exercise than you know you've gone too far. Also, as you exercise more and more your body changes for the better. Your metabolism may become boosted and your body will adjust and become stronger. Eventually, you'll be able to exercise for longer and longer amounts of time without getting winded. Your body just needs "practice". Part of the reason you may not be able to lose weight is that your body is almost stuck in a rut, where it can't metabolize your food well enough. Exercise can boost your body's ability to breakdown food and on top of that you will be burning more calories. When I started exercising I felt generally more healthy all around.

It's funny, because I had the exact same problem. I wanted my face, legs, and stomach (and sides) to slim down. I achieved this by BOTH, eating healthy AND exercising, which I was surprised really slimmed everything down. As long as you are doing some kind of aerobic exercise, your body will tone down everywhere. Situps, leg-lifts, and other kinds of exercise where you only use one part of your body will most likely not tone your body. It will give you more muscle, but that doesn't help your situation. If you do aerobic kinds of exercise, where your whole body is being worked, all parts of you will be toned at the same time.

And as for Part 4 of your troubles, as much as it sucks to hear it that change is completely up to your body. It may fluctuate with body weight in some people, but generally, there is no way to boost that part of your body NATURALLY. There are pills and drugs, but forget about those. Some parts cannot be changed even through natural processes such as diet and exercise, and I would never ever condone plastic surgery. Barbie doll images are never realistic, and everyone will have different proportions of this or that on their bodies. But that's what's great, that we're all different and not perfect.

So sorry this was so long. I just started thinking more and more about your situation and realized how similar it is to mine and almost every teen girl's situation. The best advice I can think of is don't think your body will stay the same forever. Once you're done growing you will be better able to control your figure and size.

Wow. I gotta do a lot of exercise then. But the problem is, you could not imagine how hot is our country, and how many people will die from heatstroke

--------------------
Zhanneel
post May 4 2008, 3:05 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Oi, yeah, I can see that's a big problem for you. If there's anywhere you can possibly exercise indoors take advantage of it. Even if it's just the school gym. Hopefully they've got good ventilation in there =). Or some fans. That would be horrible if the gyms made you exercise in that kind of climate without some kind of air circulation. Or if there's no where to do that you could try taking long walks as well. Or as I like to call them "power walks", where you walk quicker than normal just to get your heart rate elevated slightly. But if you are able to go to a gym I suggest using one of the eliptical-tyle machines (the ones that have you stand and use your leg muscles to push the gears in a circle). I think another name for it is a "gazelle". Basically one that doesn't have you sitting all the time. And you don't even have to do them at intense speeds or resistances. It's good to alternate from challenging to easy to challenging to easy during a workout season, or at least start out easy, do something more challenging and then slow down again. I hope you can find something that will work for you though. If you can get a regular schedule going, and maybe drag a friend with you for support icon_wink.gif, I think you'll get some good results.

This post has been edited by Zhanneel: May 4 2008, 3:08 AM
winxclub-joy
post May 4 2008, 8:27 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

I hope my school do have a indoor gym, they are so poor that they can't even afford it.....

Worser than my previous school -_-"

--------------------
Jahnavi
post May 4 2008, 12:59 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Is there any exercise that you can do, other than cycling?

--------------------
winxclub-joy
post May 4 2008, 1:09 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

Let me think...

Basketball/Netball! I love them! I was thinking of playing this too! But, that was all in the past

--------------------
Jahnavi
post May 4 2008, 1:24 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

Basketball is a great way to exercise... And it's even better because it's something that you enjoy...

--------------------
winxclub-joy
post May 4 2008, 1:30 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

yaa, kind of...........

--------------------

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:26 PM