> Winx Club Movie In Spain
bloomfan15
post Dec 28 2008, 1:35 PM
Post #21

Mythix Fairy

Group: Members

that was what i was reffering to...sighs

--------------------

Thank you for the amazing last 14 years #WestlifeForever (L)

Go to the top of the page
Zhanneel
post Dec 28 2008, 9:21 PM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Straffi said: [ The movie are different from the Hollywood films, the Americans will think that the movie are too profound.” The wife thinks that if they cannot make it big in US, it will be a disgrace of the winx movie. ]

Okay...Straffi, may I call you Straffi? I don't care if you don't want to show the movie to us lowly Americans. However, if you want to do so please don't state the offensive reasons as to why you decided to do so.

And with that *sigh*.
winxclub-joy
post Dec 29 2008, 2:00 AM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Nono, I think you got the wrong meaning!

I mean no offence, Rainbow's animations are wayy different than Disney's. He want winx to make big in US, but there's one problem. Compare Winx and to the american's animations, what difference can you see? I think Straffi thought that it was too profound is because the difference of the animations, plus Winx doesn't make it big in US right? So, yeah.....

And don't ever mention that you're a lowly American, because you're not okay?

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Dec 29 2008, 2:27 AM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Oh crap, you didn't think I meant you Joy when I went off on my rant, did you? That whole rant is pointed toward Straffi, and only Straffi. Nothing you said offends me, don't worry. *hugs!*

But as for being irritated at Straffi...well, it's not the first veiled insult he has given the US. There was another article where he actually dissed American girls for not having enough fashion sense. That was where I started getting irritated with him. The quote you pasted here just got me a little more irritated. However...I don't know why he would worry about his animation style passing in the United States. It's perfectly up to par with movies such as Wall-e in my opinion.
winxclub-joy
post Dec 29 2008, 2:14 PM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

wall-E!

xD

He dissed American girls for not having enough fashion sense?! What the hell?! What about him, wearing chinatown-singapore made clothes!

He's a animator whom I respect/like, how could he said that? I think that everyone has their own stylish way of fashion, and I admit even I'm kinda like that stella minded like "Oh gosh, this outfit is so crappy" Or "This design is so old" But for some reason, I sometimes do following those simple-minded girls' style whom like to wear simple outfit, or even tomboyish.

And what, before he found his company he was a storyboard artist in France. He obviously picked up skills from the previous company which he worked on, so it's alright to pass down skills.

And the reason of why he thought that is too profound is maybe because he's....umm........because everyone have own different animations style? Or maybe my translation was having problem? Or maybe you're right.......

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Dec 29 2008, 6:12 PM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I dress simple and plain to save money. Not that I wouldn't mind wearing things that fit my personality or dressing like a silly princess once in a while icon_wink.gif. But, I've got more important things to put money too. So t-shirts and jeans are good enough for me =).

I definitely see the different animation styles between Straffi and Disney, but I think he needs to cut himself some slack. His animation is very good. I'm not even into 3-D very much and I like his movie animation well enough.

I do think he still harbors resentment toward the US because Winx did not get as high of ratings as he expected. However, he has to realize that he is competing with Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network (and many others), where these channels put out high volumes of their own cartoons and sitcoms aimed toward younger kids and teens. He'll have to put some extra effort into advertising in the US if he wants to break into the market. I think he can do it, but since all of the merchandise was pulled from US shelves long ago I don't think he'll bother with the American market again.

Ah, and I found the article regarding American girl fashion.

Post 7

(Quote originally found here)

*shrug* I just think he holds bitterness toward the US. Oh well, what can you do.
humbu111
post Dec 29 2008, 8:56 PM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy

This whole shun English speaking countries is seriously getting annoying. I'm depending on you Joy and Rika for the movie in English, please dont let us down! You two are my last hope

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Boo
post Dec 30 2008, 2:46 AM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy

Though it is a big 'diss' for Straffi to say that American girls don't have any fashion sense, one has to remember all of the high-fashion/ high-profile designers that have come out of Europe. I'm not quite sure how many major runway fashion shows are held here in the states, but I tend to hear more about those shows in France and so on. Maybe he's talking about high-fashion and not just day-to-day clothes (at least I hope so, otherwise, that would be even more offensive).

*sits off in a corner alone* I feel kind of out of place: I'm never content with just a T-shirt and jeans; I must accessorize otherwise I feel off (I need that scarf or necklace to make the outfit feel complete.) Tee hee, I'm such a loser.

And getting off that subject, I wish Winx had done better in the US... Channels like Nick and Cartoon Network have such outrageously crude cartoons... Winx Club is much more refined if you ask me. Though it may not be the best influence, I think it's better than the cartoons that may influence a child to act in a rude manner (like burping in public, etc.), and let them think it's perfectly fine. Totally unacceptable if you ask me.

4kids lied (which I expect from them most the time; that, or no reply at all). They said that they didn't know anything about the movie, yet, when I emailed them, they said they would love to dub it but didn't have the rights to it or something or other. In any case, they do know about the movie.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
winxclub-joy
post Dec 30 2008, 3:37 AM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy

well, I think 4kids no longer own winx club, remember? *Suspecting of why, is it because of our protest or something?*

If they do, they could get the movie, or at least even get season 4. Although they can air, but I think that they are only allowed to air Rai/other versions? Who knows?

And don't put too much hope on Rika and Me, humbu no offence. We don't even get the season 3 DVDs yet, and we're not sure of when are they putting out the winx movie DVD, or maybe air it on TV. It seems that merchandise are getting lesser in Singapore, so yeah. I think that Straffi is clearing off winx stock for Huntik now.

--------------------
bloomfan15
post Dec 30 2008, 2:30 PM
Post #30

Mythix Fairy

QUOTE (humbu111 @ Dec 30 2008, 04:56 AM) *
This whole shun English speaking countries is seriously getting annoying. I'm depending on you Joy and Rika for the movie in English, please dont let us down! You two are my last hope

we will try our best to post the movie for you guys. so far as you know i have only managed to post previews,and unfortunately it wasnt fated for me to post the entire movie since my handphone died while recording at the last movie screening(too bad it ended already). but i heard the german version and the (another language) version DVDs will have the english audio on them. so for now you can only hope the people with the german DVD will upload the english movie too. though i really wish i knew when the winx movie DVD will be out here. too bad we don't have those websites like Amazon.com here to put up upcoming DVD releases. me and Joy can only depend on emails from winxclub.com that has anything to do with winx in singapore. (for example they emailed me on the release of the season 2 DVDs here)

WOW such a long post XD

and i do hope they dont stop the winx merchandise here. i'll kill them for that. they better release the season 3 dvds and the movie DVD here.i dont care straffi, i'm gonna help the US fans get what they want. icon_twisted.gif

This post has been edited by bloomfan15: Dec 30 2008, 2:34 PM

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Dec 30 2008, 2:48 PM
Post #31

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Rofl, thanks for your vindictive approach to helping us out. *hugs*
bloomfan15
post Dec 30 2008, 3:23 PM
Post #32

Mythix Fairy

(hugs back) heey,i'll do anything to help you guys^^

--------------------

humbu111
post Dec 31 2008, 12:08 AM
Post #33

Cosmix Fairy

Thanx for that, I know you guys will do your bests to help, and I really appreciate it ^_^

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

winxclub-joy
post Dec 31 2008, 2:26 AM
Post #34

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (bloomfan15 @ Dec 30 2008, 10:30 PM) *
we will try our best to post the movie for you guys. so far as you know i have only managed to post previews,and unfortunately it wasnt fated for me to post the entire movie since my handphone died while recording at the last movie screening(too bad it ended already). but i heard the german version and the (another language) version DVDs will have the english audio on them. so for now you can only hope the people with the german DVD will upload the english movie too. though i really wish i knew when the winx movie DVD will be out here. too bad we don't have those websites like Amazon.com here to put up upcoming DVD releases. me and Joy can only depend on emails from winxclub.com that has anything to do with winx in singapore. (for example they emailed me on the release of the season 2 DVDs here)

WOW such a long post XD

and i do hope they dont stop the winx merchandise here. i'll kill them for that. they better release the season 3 dvds and the movie DVD here.i dont care straffi, i'm gonna help the US fans get what they want. icon_twisted.gif

*Hugz BFF*

Speaking of season 3, they better don't cut any scenes. If not they are doomed.

Winx movie DVD, chatta's voice....eek......but english is the only language I know so far.... >.<

--------------------
bloomfan15
post Dec 31 2008, 10:01 AM
Post #35

Mythix Fairy

*hugz back BFF^^*

yarh, the pixies' voice are so...high-pitched.

--------------------

winxclub-joy
post Jan 7 2009, 11:44 PM
Post #36

Cosmix Fairy

it's a total change of voice actors Xp

oh well, only the language we know how to communicate to the world so far.....

--------------------
bloomfan15
post Jan 9 2009, 2:07 AM
Post #37

Mythix Fairy

oh god...i can't believe i can hardly find anymore winx merchandise at toys' r us..or at taka.. icon_sad.gif

NOOOO!!!!

--------------------

Tiny Dragon
post Jan 9 2009, 5:42 AM
Post #38

Mythix Fairy

Winx Club franchise can't be a worldwide success if he doesn’t bring it to North America. *sighs*

--------------------
winxclub-joy
post Jan 9 2009, 1:37 PM
Post #39

Cosmix Fairy

Gs, Straffi I'm warning you. If you know our forums or youtube friends or something, better don't ever remove winx stocks just for huntik. I'm still waiting for the freaking season 3 and the winx movie DVD, and you better have winx in concert DVD outta here too before I'm going to let you know how bad I'm going to ruin your reputation. I may be wanted to work in your company, but I'm not going to let you let down the rest of my friends. You have disappointed my US and other countries friends, but I'm not going to let you ruin singapore this time.

--------------------
bloomfan15
post Jan 10 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #40

Mythix Fairy

i'm not used to seeing hardly any winx merchandise here anymore.

SIGH (x infinity)

straffi,don't make us another one of your victims! i dont want this for my birthday!!

--------------------

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 9:14 AM