Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Daddy Issues, Monster High one-shot.
P-girl
post Oct 3 2010, 10:28 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

So.... yeah. Monster High one-shot. Starring everybody's favorite snake-boy and Dissociative identity disorder victim, Deuce Gorgon and Jackson Jekyll.
Have fun.

Daddy Issues

Bored....
Deuce was so BORED.
Nothing on the T.V., his skateboard was still out of commission thanks to his mom, and most of his friends were doing something else. Heck, even Jackson Jekyll managed to snag himself a date with Draculaura. Who'd have taught? But then again, out of all ghouls around, Draculaura was probably the most accepting of a human.
After some more sitting around, he decided to at least check the casketball court. Even if no one was there, he'd filled his time for a few minutes. Once there, he couldn't help but lift his sunglasses in surprise. Jackson was there, shooting hoops on his own. Did that mean the date was a bust? Hard to believe, but only one way to find out.
“Jackson, my main Ghoul. What's up?” Deuce called, walking up to his pal. “How did the date go, Creepy Casanova?”
“Nothing much, Deuce.” Jackson said, not even turning around or even stopping with the hoop shooting.
“Uhm, Jackson, did something happen on that date?” Deuce asked him, suspecting something was off.
“Nothing. Everything went absolutely perfect!” Jackson said, throwing the ball with enough fury that it missed the hoop and bounced right back. Perfect. Right...
“Yo, Jackson, De Nile is my girlfriend's last name. Cough it up.” Deuce said, Jackson just sighed.
“I asked is she could bite me.... y'know, so I can be a vampire too..... She didn't take it too well.” He confessed.
“Figures.” Deuce sighed. “You knew she was Vegan, right?”
“Yeah, but.... she would really help me out. A human among monsters? I mean, I already get weird glances when walking trough the Maul. I don't want to know how that goes during school.” After that, Jekyll's eyes seemed to flare up a bit. “Is being a Gorgon contagious?”
“Nope. And trust me, it's not as Rockin' as it's cracked up to be.”
“C'mon, it can't be THAT bad.....” This seemed to strike a nerve.
“Not that bad?!” Deuce started, pointing at his sunglasses. “These things ain't comin' off, not even during the winter. You know how fogged up they get after a cold, rainy day outside?”
“Sorry, sorry.....” Jekyll instantly apologised. “I didn't realise it was that bad....”
“Well, at least mine is just temporarily.... Mom's gaze rocks you out permanently.....” He looked down at his shoes. “Probably why Dad's not around any more....”
“You ever got to know him?” Jackson carefully asked.
“No.” Deuce sighed. “Never knew him. Mom's not too open about him either. I mean, I once asked, but my Mom started to ramble about lousy good-for-nothing men and how they'd leave her after having their fun.... and then she suddenly switches gears and hugs me saying that it's not my fault and that I'm the apple of her eye..... I'm never doing that again.” There was an awkward silence. “How 'bout you? Is Mister Jekyll still around?” Deuce asked after a while.
“Not any more. I remember him..... but barely.” Jackson started. “He was always so withdrawn.... constantly in his office or his laboratory..... and one day, he just..... disappeared. I was to young to understand, and my mother's always so quiet when he comes up....I decided to stop asking, too.” His voice petered out a bit at the end. “About a week ago, I sneaked into his office.... my mom doesn't want me there, but she doesn't clean out either.... made me curious, y'know? I found this box. Full of notebooks, diaries, journals..... I wouldn't be surprised if his entire life's work was in there.”
“You read some of them?”
“Not yet..... I feel kinda.... I'm excited for finding something about my Dad.... but I also feel kinda uneasy having found it. Like I wasn't supposed to.” Jackson looked down. “Even if it's something valuable.....”
“It wouldn't be the same like actually talking to him.” Deuce finished the sentence.
“Yeah...”
“Sucks...” The two of them stayed silent for a while, not really looking at each other. After a few minutes of that, Deuce chuckled, getting an odd glance from Jackson.
“And here I taught we'd be having a good time.” He said, making Jackson smile, as he got off the wall and headed to the Casketball court.
“Day's not over yet.” He said, tossing the ball over to Deuce, who caught it and spun it on his finger.
“You know what? You're right.” He smirked. “There's still time to totally OWN your behind.”
“In your dreams, Snakey.” Jackson taunted back, as the two started their one-on-one, largely forgetting their previous conversation and the bad vibes that came with it.
Go to the top of the page
winxclubrox23
post Oct 3 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Who'd have taught?

Thought

“I asked is she could bite me

If

“You ever got to know him?”

Get

And here I taught

Thought

Typos bother me. =)

Other than that, 'twasn't bad. 'Twasn't bad at all. Made me want to lurk around the Monster High site a tad.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
P-girl
post Oct 4 2010, 8:11 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Damn you spellcheck! Is my to/too issue not enough for you?!

Thanks for pointing those out. I admit this was a bit of a rush job, seeing how this probably will be disproven as soon as the Holt Hyde doll gets on the market.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 7:56 AM