3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Add Reply
> New Moon!, From the Twilight Saga
aqua_pearl
post Jun 27 2009, 3:49 PM
Post #21

Sirenix Fairy

Group: Members

I read the first book before i knew about the movie. I enjoyed it, I dont know why its a huge thing though, and it had a couple corny moments but it was a good book, and I like that the heroine isnt an irresistable beauty but a clutsy normal girl. The movie was alright, not so great, but was ok to see.

Just read the second book and I enjoyed it to.

I actually like it because she made it different. They have thousands of stories out there about vampires, werewolves, zombies, etc

But her mythical animals are unique, which i enjoy (and its a story, the natives arent going to be offended because they have a blood line of wolves, that would be insane to say your descended from a wolf) I dont care for the whole sparkly thing with the vampires, and sometimes I think theyre a little to powerful sometimes, but I also like how theyre unique.

I LOVE the wherewolves though. I never cared much for the furry wolf men, but I really liked that they turn into giant rock hard wolves because i love wolves. And i like that theyre there to hunt down vampires to protect people. Even though Bella and Edward have a really nice love, I think Id actually like it more if she fell in love with Jake just because of the wolf thing
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Aug 1 2009, 1:58 PM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Unique? That's.... another way to put it. What I don't like about Myerpires (That's their nickname..... right?) is that they don't have any discernable weaknesses. Sunlight? Only makes them sparkle and so-much-more-adorable instead of frightening. Lust for Blood? Oh well, animals are good for sustenance as well (My personal canon is, that if a vampire does that, he'll live, but he'll be very weak.)
Yet they get all the good stuff like running fast, climbing up walls and living forever..... where's the conflict? Where's the stuff that makes vampires..... vampires?

Conclusion; Wether it's good or bad is up to every one on it's own. But to me, these things AREN'T. VAMPIRES. They're not. Myer only took the fancy stuff, and took away everything that might make them what they're supposed to be: cursed creatures of the night who can't stand the light, because they no longer belong to it.

Also, she turned their personalities around. Vampires aren't supposed to be good boyfriends, or even good people.

Excuse my rantings. Vampires do that to me.

Also.... her stories aren't that new and unique.... girls falls in love with boy and discovers he has a dark secret? That's one of the oldest story-types in the books. It's not a bad thing to enjoy it, but it's NOT new and unique.
Jahnavi
post Aug 1 2009, 4:10 PM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I like the series (and I'm sorry, but I get SRSLY irritated when people think it's a "saga"), and I'm not going to go around saying it sucks; that wouldn't be right, because I've read it and on the whole, I do kinda like it.

But I agree with P-girl, I don't like how she's change original mythological stories and creatures. Those legends have been built up around the world over centuries and while it maybe alright to tweak them slightly, I don't think it's right to completely re-write them.

And (here I'm just copy-pasting my rant from the shoutbox) my main problem with their is romance is, they're always "ZOMG, I would so die for you...!" towards the other person, but what do they ever really do together? Isn't the point of a relationship to enjoy the other person's company? (Correct me if I'm wrong, that's just how I always viewed it.) Some complicated "conflict" always comes between them, and then they get Edward gets all angsty, and insists Bella can't leave the house, or she will somehow be fatally injured, and then she rebels against him, and then Jacob swoops in (though I have to admit, he's one of the few characters I really like in this series) and he just tightens the tension between Ed and Bella... What's the point of being in a romantic relationship if all you ever do is worry that the other person is going to die, or something? That is something you should be worried about, but that shouldn't be all you think about... When was the last time Edward and Bella ever had fun together?

Her main character's aren't realistic in my opinion. Especially Edward. I hate how clingy/possessive/over-protective/paranoid he is about Bella, and yet she puts up with it? In an actual relationship, wouldn't that be a matter of concern, not something that intensifies your love for the other person? In an actual relationship, wouldn't that be a matter of concern, not something that intensifies your love for the other person? I mean, I can understand learning to love your partner's flaws, but I find it kind of extreme in this case...

Anyway, that's why I like New Moon the most out of all four books. It had the most realistic plot, and something interesting actually happened (Edward leaving Bella), which S Meyer used to bring some other characters into light. You get an insight into so many other characters in that book, it's much better than "See, first Edward did this, then Bella did that... Then Ed...then Bella...".

Though, after that whole rant, I must admit, even though I hate her main characters, S Meyer does have a flair for writing. She kept me hooked onto the story (for the most part) regardless of what I felt about the characters. She does keep up a nice momentum with the plot (at least for the first two books) and I've often found that I lose pace in my writing, so I do admire her for that. She's a talented writer, I just think she needs to work on her stories a little more.

{...And end rant. xD}

This post has been edited by Jahnavi: Aug 3 2009, 3:39 PM

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Another Morning
post Aug 3 2009, 3:36 AM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

I'll probably end up seeing it because apparently I hate myself and like it when it hurts. Help me.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
melgirl1778
post Aug 6 2009, 3:14 AM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

ill see it because i find them extremely entertaining (mostly to laugh at...) but to anyone who thinks its a well written book? really? come on... i get that you can like the series and the story line does keep one interested but please admit it is a horrible book! with horrible characters.

and as a side note, doing my homework today i realized bella displays 4 of 6 Freudian defense mechanisms, now that's someone with a screwed up personality...

--------------------

Made by Jah

bloomfan15
post Aug 31 2009, 2:17 PM
Post #26

Mythix Fairy

3 more months, 3 more months. It's driving me mad. haha.

--------------------

Thank you for the amazing last 14 years #WestlifeForever (L)

SuperChick
post Sep 1 2009, 10:40 PM
Post #27

Sirenix Fairy

i read all 4 books BEFORE the movie came out and the movie was the bigest disapointment i was soooo mad BUT hopefully new moon will be better and more like the book =) also be thankful you don't live in Washington like i do and have screaming girls ask me if ive ever been to Forks... NO i havent ! dont want to go i no tons of people and friends who drove to forks... and for what reason.... to see the weather ?! the movie wasnt made in Forks it was made in Organ Sorry if iam going on and on..... i just dont like the 20 questions is it rainey in forks? I mean come on just cause i live 3 hours 35minutes from Forks its 137.35 miles and i can tell you that its raining in Forks just like where i live except more rain ahhhh iam sick of my cousins and aunts that dont live in Wa that they keep asking me stupid questions !!!!!!!!!!

sorry for my anger .....

--------------------
thanks bloomgirl^^
[/img]
MyFairyStella
post Sep 6 2009, 9:04 AM
Post #28

Pixie

i used to love twilight. but then everyone got addicted to it.. and its not my favorite anymore icon_sad.gif
but new moon is the best book by far.

--------------------

thanks fullmoon for the sig!
Jahnavi
post Sep 6 2009, 4:07 PM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

QUOTE (MyFairyStella @ Sep 6 2009, 02:04 PM) *
but new moon is the best book by far.

The books are okay; I'm not that big of a fan, but I agree with you there.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
MorriganAensland
post Sep 6 2009, 11:29 PM
Post #30

Cosmix Fairy

I hope, during the filming of New Moon, good old Robert does something so Troll-worthy the entire project is scrapped. I want him to. I know he wants to. The guy has girls that cut their necks open for him during autographing and say "We did this for you."

He doesn't deserve that crap. Nobody does.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
W.I.N.X
post Sep 7 2009, 10:45 AM
Post #31

Cosmix Fairy

I'm hoping he'll burst in front of a group of fan-girls and the author declaring how much he hates the series, and all of his obsessed followers.

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
P-girl
post Sep 7 2009, 10:50 AM
Post #32

Cosmix Fairy

Or we could hope for this movie to tank.

Yeah, not going to happen....
P-girl
post Nov 14 2009, 1:22 PM
Post #33

Cosmix Fairy

I watched a Dutch New Moon trailer, and it just..... it went like this:

Some want to kill her.... *Shots of Volturi*
Some want to protect her.....*Shots of Jacob*
But there's only one.... who wants to give his life for her. *Guess who*

Riiight.... remember girls, it doesn't matter if friends and family want to help you and risk their life in time of need, it only matters if your boyfriend does it. *Sigh* I hate messages that play down the importance of love from friends and family above that 'One Twu wuv'.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Nov 14 2009, 1:23 PM
Winx4eva!
post Nov 14 2009, 1:49 PM
Post #34

Cosmix Fairy

I'm considering to go with my friend, not sure actually though...

--------------------

--- www.mishiiheart.blogspot.com ---
Toriamelio
post Nov 14 2009, 7:42 PM
Post #35

Cosmix Fairy

One word. Lame. * facepalm*

--------------------

*Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.*
Thanks for the set Breana!
paint-shani
post Nov 21 2009, 2:31 PM
Post #36

Enchantix Fairy

i went to the movie yesterday and i LOVE it. although it would be nice if *SPOILER* Bella actually kissed Jacob, instead of almost. Also i think the end is bad, since i don't like open endings.
Toriamelio
post Nov 22 2009, 3:03 AM
Post #37

Cosmix Fairy

(hey uh p-girl, just pointing out here that you double posted up there. )

--------------------

*Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.*
Thanks for the set Breana!
P-girl
post Nov 22 2009, 8:10 AM
Post #38

Cosmix Fairy

I know. I just really wanted my dissaproval to be heard. (I can get like that sometimes.)
Zhanneel
post Nov 22 2009, 1:39 PM
Post #39

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

QUOTE (SuperChick @ Sep 1 2009, 05:40 PM) *
ahhhh iam sick of my cousins and aunts that dont live in Wa that they keep asking me stupid questions !!!!!!!!!!

The "aunts" part...xP

I think that is why the Twilight saga scares me the most. Not only has the teen scene (and younger) fallen all over themselves for the characters and story, but the grown women too! It's shocking...scary. I feel like the hinges of society are going to crumble at any moment. I don't mind them liking the story, but these women are just as obsessed, in the not-so-healthy way.

And for some reason I am reminded of a story about a girl on a bus who used sharp pop cans to attack people...on the neck, to get them to bleed, because she thought she was a vampire. I believe she proceeded to try to eat the blood or something just as wrong...? It's gone from scary to fear-for-my-pitiful-life! Please, if you like Twilight, just stay normal. icon_biggrin.gif
P-girl
post Nov 23 2009, 5:28 PM
Post #40

Cosmix Fairy

I just saw, like, the best review of this movie. Can I link it? It's kinda 16+.... but I counted a total of 1 inapropriate joke. The rest of the disturbing stuff comes..... well, from the movie's plot.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 8:04 PM