Add Reply
> Beauty/fashion Horror Stories
Rating 5 V
Natasha
post Aug 8 2008, 8:20 PM
Post #1

Enchantix Fairy

Group: Members

Here's mine, a few days before graduation picture day I had a tiny zit under my nose.
It was barely noticeable but I was afraid someone would see it, I washed my face with clearisil
a few times. Then, I heard about putting toothpaste on a zit would make it disappear over night.
The second I put it on, my skin felt as if it was burning. I ignored it thinking it was working.
I woke up the next morning and washed the toothpaste off my face. I found a dark mark where the toothpaste was.
It had burned my skin, or something.
The mark took about 1 month or disappear completely.

So do you have any stories?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
dittadulla
post Aug 9 2008, 10:33 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

urm... let's see... no I can't think of any right now.

no, wait... I'm in a middle of horror right now icon_sad.gif

there is a zit on my jaw and I can't keep my hands off it... I just rip skin off so it gets red and everytime the skin on it gets hard, I rip it off so it will never vanish icon_sad.gif I try to keep my hands off it but it isn't working icon_sad.gif

--------------------
esca Eterna
post Aug 10 2008, 11:16 PM
Post #3

Mythix Fairy

that's so bad, Natasha and ditta!

Here's mine: When I was in eight grade (two years ago), I had really long hair (I don't now, I cut 12 inches off for locks of love last june). Anyway, I had washed it and wanted to make it dry wavey, so, still wet, I tried to use a rolly brush (like, one of those brushes that are a cylinder with bristles all around) to roll my hair around to make it wavey.
Obviously this was a stupid idea, and on my first try, the brush got massively stuck in my hair!
I was freaking out because it was the night before a dance recital and I kinda needed hair for that. I tried so hard to get it out, but I either hurt my head or got it more stuck, and I was crying. I had to wait for my mother to come home, so for two hours I was sitting watching tv and struggling with the brush. Finally she came home, and after a LOT of tugging, we got it out. But I lost so much hair on that side of my head. It was pretty gross... Today, it hasn't grown back completely, so my hair always looks weird and sort of flat on that side, even with a different part and hair style ^^

--------------------
♥
~ don't try to understand me, just love me ~

save me from losing it all
guide me through the darkest
catch me before I fall
but let me create myself

esca might be coming back soon, if her life decides to stop being really crazy ^^

dittadulla
post Aug 14 2008, 8:48 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

jeez, I totally know these brushes icon_sad.gif SO ANNOYING! it just gets stuck in my hair. although I didn't lose any hair.

--------------------
Riiana
post Aug 14 2008, 8:58 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

LOL yeah I have a brush like that icon_biggrin.gif

Oh god heres another one about hair :

I was in school just hanging out with half of my year (this was a couple of months ago) and so one of my freinds, which is a boy (I swear to god they are all so stupid), decided that he will comb my hair.
Now I didnt have a problem with that, but then he got a chunk of hair and put it on the brush then just started twirling it. You have no idea whatsoever how tangled up it got with my hair!
This was at break time and we only have a 15 minute break then its back to lessons until Lunch, so people tried to take the comb out but it just got even more stuck, so unfortunately I actually had to cut that bit off icon_biggrin.gif
Its not even noticable, and thank God that it was near the back of my head which is where a lot of my hair is icon_biggrin.gif

--------------------
dittadulla
post Aug 14 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

oh, jeez icon_sad.gif at least it was at the back icon_biggrin.gif

well, my friend [a girl] got into it once and she didn't lose hair. but she didn't take it bad. she said just smiling that maybe we would need to cut off the hair. oh, I hate those brushes icon_sad.gif

--------------------
Riiana
post Aug 14 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Lol I was nearly in tears!
I love my hair! XD

--------------------
dittadulla
post Aug 16 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

I love my hair too^^ it's the favorite part of mine^^ it is beautifully red^-^

--------------------
Music123
post Aug 21 2008, 10:14 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

I have one, I was told this so I am not sure if its true.
There was a woman who loved to dye her hair really light blonde (almost white). The dye she used was toxic (this happened around 1980) and bad for her hair. She dyed her hair again (as usual) and when she went to wash it off in the bath tub all her hair fell into the bath. Her hair fell out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This story really scared me

--------------------

Credits to love and winx for siggy
humbu111
post Aug 21 2008, 12:25 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Haha, thats funny Music. And Natasha, how long did it take for the dark mark to go away?

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Another Morning
post Aug 21 2008, 11:14 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I've had my hair caught in a round brush, too .___. Those things are dangerous. We had to cut it out, but it was just at the nape of my neck and there wasn't too much hair caught in it, so it wasn't noticable. And this isn't really a story so much as a frequent occurance, but I have faily long hair and it always gets caught in desks at school and doorknobs and stuff T__T

I know somebody who actually thought that Nair was a shampoo and used it on her head. >< (for those of you that don't know, Nair is a hair removal cream)

And my other friend's mom was trying to bleach her hair blonde and it turned out lavender >___> I have no idea what she did. I'd actually kind of like lavender hair, but she freaked out.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Jahnavi
post Aug 22 2008, 3:24 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Lol, I'd like lavender hair too! But I don't know that many adults who'd be happy about it.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
esca Eterna
post Aug 23 2008, 5:28 AM
Post #13

Mythix Fairy

Another Morning- What happened to your friend, may I ask?!
Yeah, I'd totally go for purple hair ^^ But I guess I'll have to settle for dark brown >.X

--------------------
♥

catch me before I fall
but let me create myself

esca might be coming back soon, if her life decides to stop being really crazy ^^

Jahnavi
post Aug 23 2008, 8:34 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Same here, I'm stuck with dark brown. I'd love to maybe streak my hair when I'm older.

--------------------
LinneaKou
post Aug 25 2008, 12:48 AM
Post #15

Harmonix Fairy

Beauty and I don't get along. XD

First story: I will never cut my hair. Why? I cut it in KINDERGARTEN and decided I hated it short, so I haven't cut it since. ...Well, I've trimmed it from time to time, but it's always been long.

Second story: One day - the day before school pictures, I might add - I decided I wanted lightly wavy/curly hair and had my mom braid my hair into two separate pigtails. Then I sprayed it - not with a fine mist, also - with water from my mom's squirt bottle. The next day, I had the Frizz. And, by the way, I have Latino-type hair that frizzes up the second it comes into contact with humidity.

Third story: I decided at the end of this past June to dye my hair reddish. It looked great. Then it washed out. So at the end of July, I re-dyed it with a different, "long-lasting" brand.
Yeah, it washed out again. -_-
I'd give anything to have either red or black hair. Like, Asian-black. I've always thought that type was so pretty. >.<
My mom claims the reason my hair won't hold color is because it's "virgin". It shouldn't matter - I got Garniers Fructis dye, which claims that it works for both seasoned and newcomer hair.
Whatever. I wanna lawyer. And a stylist.

--------------------
Lii is on deviantART and Livejournal...

...still doesn't have a life
:P

~BORING SIGNATURE IS BORING~
Jahnavi
post Aug 25 2008, 2:19 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Lol, you want Asian hair? I'd trade you mine any day if I could! (It's a little more dark brown than black, but compared to American brunettes, it's pretty black...)

--------------------
Hirondelle
post Aug 25 2008, 4:34 AM
Post #17

Harmonix Fairy

QUOTE (LinneaKou @ Aug 24 2008, 04:48 PM) *
My mom claims the reason my hair won't hold color is because it's "virgin". It shouldn't matter - I got Garniers Fructis dye, which claims that it works for both seasoned and newcomer hair.
Whatever. I wanna lawyer. And a stylist.
I think the term "virgin" hair means that it's never been colored before. Some people have very strange results because their hair doesn't take to hair coloring well though. My mom dyes peoples hair a lot, and this girl we know, she's always had the strangest take to color. One time they were trying to remove color, and usually you use absolute blonde for that so it's like a clean canvas, but her hair color turned three different shades of green. From her scalp to her ears it was a light blonde with a tinge of green, near the middle it was darker and a few inches away from the ends it was dark green. Now try living with that. D: And you shouldn't do a lot to your hair all at once because that weakens it, so she had to wait a day or so to fix it.

But I hattteeee hair color, I've had it since middle school. It's all fun at first, you can be any shade you want, UNTIL your hair starts growing and your roots start showing. >< And my hair grows quick so that's something I've been frustrated with many times. I've been literally every shade in blonde, red and brown since I was younger I looooved to experiment with it. But, after awhile I got sick of having to deal with fixing it after the sun had bleached it out, water/certain shampoos can damage the color and so on. It's just not worth it, so around prom, I matched the color of my roots to this Warm Ash Blonde color, and that's what I've had ever since, my roots aren't so noticeable, even if my roots are a few inches long and the color has been damaged (it's extremely light compared to my prom pictures now.) But bottom line for me, color your hair once, you'll be doing it for the rest of your life until you can settle with a color you're fine with that doesn't make the roots so noticeable.

--------------------

Faedust Charms
esca Eterna
post Aug 25 2008, 7:58 PM
Post #18

Mythix Fairy

Her hair turned green?! How long was it like that?
I've never dyed my hair, mostly because I think it;s fine the way it is. I mean, I'd love pink/purple/blue/red/orange/multicolored hair, or something (>.o) but I don't like to do too much to my hair, I don't want it to get hurt *pets hair* Uh, anyway, that's smart of you Hirondelle, to match your hair color to your roots.

--------------------
♥

catch me before I fall
but let me create myself

Hirondelle
post Aug 25 2008, 9:00 PM
Post #19

Harmonix Fairy

Thanks esca Eterna. xD Her hair was green for a little while, the bad thing is, we were all on a vacation together when they wanted my mom to color their hair. So I think she spent at least 2 days on the beach with her hair like that and another when they got back from it. <<; She didn't want to color her hair because the color wouldn't be right anyway, and she was just going to wait to get to a professional that would possibly know what to do with hair that takes to color weird like that.
I'd LOVE to mess around with unnatural colors, but only if my hair was platinum blonde xD That way it'd be purely the color. I've actually put temporary wash-out pink in my hair and it just didn't look good even when it was new because my natural hair color came through. :<

--------------------

Faedust Charms
Another Morning
post Aug 25 2008, 9:36 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

She covered the lavender with a different dye XD But yeah, she had purple hair for a few hours, that was amusing.

I'm currently on the hunt for purple dye. Last time I dyed my hair red with a white streak in the front, and this time I want to go for red and purple. Any body have any suggestions? I've heard that using henna and indigo gets really vibrant color and is good for you hair, so I might look into that.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:45 PM