Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Abby's Blog
Rating 0
entry Apr 26 2013, 4:15 AM
One of my favorite parts of my winx fandom is writing fan fictions. Actually, my favorite part is discussing episodes, merchandise, and the new things in the winx world. But since this forum is not as popular anymore and winx is just not as big still as it used to be in my opinion, it is hard to enjoy that. So I turn to fanfiction since it is something I can keep doing even when there isn't anything new in the winx world. It takes me forever sometimes and I take long hiatuses because of school and life getting in the way, but I would really love to write more fanfiction.

Especially as I look back at the stuff I used to write when I first joined this forum. That was way back in 2007 when I was only in middle school. All of a sudden I'm now halfway done with my undergraduate degree and I can't believe how much writing has been a part of my life academically and privately since I was so young.

It's fun to look back at my old stories and see what I thought was risque or pushing the line when I was only fourteen and in a strange way, I miss that age (I know, crazy right?!? Who would want to go back to that awkward stage of life?). I just miss when I was able to spend all weekend on winx messageboards and running my fan site and writing fanfiction. Obviously I've changed since I'm an "adult" now with a lot of stuff to constantly be doing. But I think that the winx fandom/world has changed too and this makes me sad.

For example, are there really any fansites anymore? I could honestly just be out of the loop, but to my current knowledge I can't think of any fansites that are the top-knotch kind that used to be around. I don't know, I just miss the old days sometimes. And I guess I come on here to remind me of those days and hope that this could be revived back into that.

« Next Oldest · Abby's Blog · Next Newest »

Comments

post Feb 15 2021, 10:55 AM
Comment #1

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

it's a little sad to read this :')

--------------------

Flora Loveall
Go to the top of the page

« Next Oldest · Abby's Blog · Next Newest »

SMTWTFS