Add Reply
> Twilight Discussion, For or against?
P-girl
post Nov 14 2009, 9:57 PM
Post #61

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

/Nitpick

Werewolves aren't supposed to be Wolf men. (Even tough the 'Were' in Werewolf stands for 'Man' /random factoid.), they are supposed to go fully wolf when they transform. Just bigger and far more dangerous. For as far as I know, Myer got that part right better then most modern interpretations, so I give her some points for that.
She loses them, however, for excluding the full moon and giving them full control. Werewolves aren't supposed to have control over their wolf-form. It was a Jekyll and Hyde analogy (Not being able to control one's beastly urges) before Jekyll and Hyde was written.

/Nitpick.

Yeah..... I'm annoying considering Horror Lore.
Go to the top of the page
W.I.N.X
post Nov 15 2009, 12:10 AM
Post #62

Cosmix Fairy

And going back to your family, friends comment, P-Girl, that really ticked me off as well. I mean Bella doesn't even ccare about her friends and uses them only when she needs them. And in New Moon Bella's all miffed at the fact Jessica's mad at her, and doesn't get it, because SHE WAS JUST HEARING EDDIE'S VOICE. But Jessica was scared that Bella was walking towards weird men, and it was kind of obvious the thought's running through the poor girl's mind. ANd then when Jessica is all cold to Bella, Meyer decides to make a her only wanting to be friends with Bella in Midnight Sun(the re-write of Twilight), because she's popular. So friends aren't allowed to be mad at others for only thinking of their boyfriends, and thus, potentially putting them in danger? Fail Steph, fail.

And don't get me started on Bella's thoughts about her father.

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
Jahnavi
post Nov 15 2009, 3:50 AM
Post #63

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

She loses them, however, for excluding the full moon and giving them full control. Werewolves aren't supposed to have control over their wolf-form. It was a Jekyll and Hyde analogy (Not being able to control one's beastly urges) before Jekyll and Hyde was written.

Completely agree there.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
P-girl
post Nov 15 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #64

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks. In fact, for me, that's part of the werewolve's appeal. They're almost tragic figures. They can't help it that they turn into monsters. And as a continuation on that, people who became werewolves volunteraly [sic] become that more heinous in comparison, to willingly lose all control in a society obsessed with self-control.
Music123
post Nov 17 2009, 5:43 AM
Post #65

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

*steps in* I know it's already late but anyway...

I have just started reading twilight, simply because I was curious what all the hype and obssesin was about. I am about half way through and have to say it's nothing to be excited about...just your average teen horror and romance novel.

It is not written well, very sraight foreward and limited discription just a sequence of events. Why does everyone likes it so much I don't understand I mean...the idea isn't even original! Other vampire novels are largely similar and I doubt they were as hyped as Twilight.

--------------------

Credits to love and winx for siggy
winxclubrox23
post Nov 17 2009, 6:12 AM
Post #66

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Yeah, I read the first one right after the movie came out at see what it was about and pretty much threw it at a wall when I was done, annoyed with myself that I'd wasted perfectly good time reading that, that could have been better used to do most anything.

It's just like, boring. Not entertaining at all and has totally been done before, many times. Which explains why the author's getting sued for the 4th book I believe.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Toriamelio
post Nov 19 2009, 5:07 AM
Post #67

Cosmix Fairy

hey uh the book is like a teen/young adult book right? Then I quote.
Twilight nominated for the Kids Choice Awards!

Like what? Shouldn't the movie be rated like PG 14?

--------------------

*Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.*
Thanks for the set Breana!
rano0oma
post Nov 19 2009, 9:31 AM
Post #68

Butterflix Fairy

all i have to say is that twilight roooooooooooooooockzzzzzzzzzz!!!
they just showed it yesterday for the 100th time and i still watched it!!
i can't wait to see the 2nd movie!!

--------------------
P-girl
post Nov 19 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #69

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Toriamelio @ Nov 19 2009, 06:07 AM) *
hey uh the book is like a teen/young adult book right? Then I quote.

Like what? Shouldn't the movie be rated like PG 14?

Er.... I know it's just the first movie/book, but this IS the series with the.... (Beneath spoiler tags because it's squicky) Fang-assisted ceasarian,, right? *Shudders* And the messages of staying with abusive/stalker boyfriends because they're hot were in it from the start. Cause THAT'S the morality that young girls need. *Sigh*

This post has been edited by P-girl: Nov 19 2009, 12:29 PM
SolarfireWinx
post Dec 15 2009, 5:56 PM
Post #70

Sirenix Fairy

Lol, P-Girl's against Twilight? I'm shocked. icon_razz.gif

--------------------

Uber goregeous sig by Fullmoon & kudos to dragonFire for the amazing userbar!!
~*The Magic's In You.*~
Another Morning
post Dec 16 2009, 4:54 AM
Post #71

Cosmix Fairy

So me, my friend who is also and anti, and my brother (one of the four males there) all went and saw the New Moon midnight premiere. I actually liked this movie better than the first. There was more intentionally amusing moments, the graphics for the wolves was done well, and the fighting was a LOT better than the first movie. So it was an improvement. But still...not really good. Looking forward to the RiffTrax!

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
W.I.N.X
post Dec 16 2009, 6:59 AM
Post #72

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Nov 19 2009, 10:29 PM) *
Er.... I know it's just the first movie/book, but this IS the series with the.... (Beneath spoiler tags because it's squicky) Fang-assisted ceasarian,, right? *Shudders* And the messages of staying with abusive/stalker boyfriends because they're hot were in it from the start. Cause THAT'S the morality that young girls need. *Sigh*

Ahhh, what I like to call the teeth-section. I was reading, and when that bit came I up, I prety much screamed and threw the book across the room. Not to mention I was eating a passion fruit then, so you cn imagine how that went down.

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
P-girl
post Dec 16 2009, 8:00 AM
Post #73

Cosmix Fairy

I think fans and anties alike were all 'What was she THINKING!?' on that one. Well, at least it unified the world a bit.....
winxclub-joy
post Dec 16 2009, 8:11 AM
Post #74

Cosmix Fairy

err....what can I say about twilight?

Humm, cute vampires, a big werewolf that you can bake cookies on his stomach? lol pardon me, I think this is what attracts me to Twilight and its saga =P

--------------------
Another Morning
post Dec 16 2009, 8:12 AM
Post #75

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, I know a lot of Twilight fans who think that at least parts of the last book were really dumb. That part and the Jacob falling in love with a baby made a lot of people feel really squicky :I Including myself.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
P-girl
post Dec 16 2009, 8:21 AM
Post #76

Cosmix Fairy

See? Us antis are not so different from fans. And now that I've read the books, I can safely go and say that I don't like them. (They're BORING! I don't care how goodlooking that guy is, get to the ones wanting to rip your throat out! At least that's entertaining.)
Another Morning
post Dec 16 2009, 8:33 AM
Post #77

Cosmix Fairy

Man, yes :/ Nothing happens in those books. It's a lot of standing around and Bella thinking about how amazing Edward is and how she is dumb and unworthy, or about how much she hates hurting Jacob but will continue to do it anyways. The actual "plot" could be condensed into about two chapters (and it normally is, at the very end)

This post has been edited by Another Morning: Dec 16 2009, 8:33 AM

--------------------

P-girl
post Dec 16 2009, 8:38 AM
Post #78

Cosmix Fairy

It could also be because, admittedly, I don't like romance in general.
Jahnavi
post Dec 16 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #79

Cosmix Fairy

Soooooo, I started re-reading Twilight, and I kinda wanted to post some of my comments somewhere... Would you guys mind if I posted some mini-reviews (slash nitpicking xD) on this topic? I wanted to share my opinion with you all. =D

This post has been edited by Jahnavi: Dec 16 2009, 11:22 AM

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Another Morning
post Dec 16 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #80

Cosmix Fairy

No, go for it! I love things like that =D

--------------------

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 7:32 AM