Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> What should i do?, can someone give me advice?
Rating 5 V
Tom273
post Jul 3 2009, 7:39 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Banned

I am facing a very hard decision in my life right now. I need to be able to decide if i should fight against my Asperger's social disorder's problems and try to live a normal life. Or should i live alone in isolation without friends in my own little world as i have untill now... Should i start to see a doctor regularly to try to fix my social problems? I am having a hard time deciding this. I also think that the bullying in school might have caused this social problem and my lack of trust in people.

--------------------

Thank you Jah-Jah for the awesome new forum set ^^

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself"
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Jul 3 2009, 7:47 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I think that only you can truly decide but here are my opinions

Fight: it may make you feel less depressed if you are winning though it may make life harder as when fighting it if you feel you are getting no where it could make you more depressed, it could be time consuming and you have to consider how much time you want to invest in this, more chance of bullying maybe more friends, can it ever be truly cured?, could be stressful

Live alone: less chance of bullying, maybe less friends, maybe less depressing and stressful

Also you have to decide how much you want to be 'normal'

Well thats all i can think of for now

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Another Morning
post Jul 3 2009, 7:56 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Honestly, this is something you have to decide for yourself. You have to look back and reflect on how your life has been up to this point. If you're honestly happy with they way things are and would not regret if they stayed that way, or if you'd like to try and make a change, meet new people, and see what happens. In the end, only you can really make the choice.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Tom273
post Jul 3 2009, 8:02 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

i will meet my doctor next thursday, i'll see how it goes. I might be able to make a decision about my life.

--------------------

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself"
Another Morning
post Jul 3 2009, 8:07 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Meeting with the doctor is a good idea, they can give you a better idea about the benefits and consiquences of each course of action.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Tom273
post Jul 3 2009, 8:13 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

I have a big amound of support from my doctors already. I can't work but i will get support money and i can ask him for more support in social things. I think it is possible for me to live a normal life and also he said last time that it's a good idea to chat online and practice social situations more. I have noticed that because of chatting so much online i have improved my social skills to a new level, so there is hope for me afterall.
one more thing i forgot to mention: people say that if you asperger's you can't look people in the eyes.. but i can so that is a good thing, i might have a mild version of it. Im also going to get my brain checked in a x-ray thingy soon to make it sure if it is Asperger's. I am already diagnosed but i still do doubt if i have it or not sometimes.

This post has been edited by Tom273: Jul 3 2009, 8:38 PM

--------------------

Abdu 6b
post Jul 3 2009, 8:48 PM
Post #7

Tynix Fairy

Group: Members

I think you should fight against it. Maybe it will improve your life. However, you do what you feel is right. You remind me of a friend who still gets bullied a lot and but I helped her a lot and she slowly started to make friends and trust. Now she is popular and she even went to our school's talent show with me. She did have help from teachers at our school and me. Now she got sent to a special school. I think with just a little attention you can live your life much better if you try. Trust me I'm also a boy that has been through a lot of social burden at school between grades 3-5. In grade 6 I had to make better choices which I did. But you can choose your decisions whenever you want in life.

--------------------
Thank you Shaylo for the awesome signature.
Tash
post Jul 4 2009, 1:13 AM
Post #8

Harmonix Fairy

Group: Members

I think you should fight it aswell. Being alone isnt very nice; so maybe the best thing you can do for yourself. but thats just my opinion!

--------------------
humbu111
post Jul 4 2009, 2:29 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Tom273
post Jul 4 2009, 8:48 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

so it is decided then, i will fight and thanks alot for your support..... ummmm *takes a huge embrassing breath* I don't feel like i am a 'boy' yes it's true... i feel like i am a girl inside it makes me feel extreme emotional pain 24 hours a day for many years now. I need help or otherwise i will be a goner soon. In other words i am dealing with Gender Identity Disorder.... (extremely embrassing!!!) but it's true. XD XD XD XD *dies of embrassment* *hides away* i just... want to be myself someday, it is possible. I just had to say this because i can't hide it forever it's so difficult to do... i hope somebody understands me.
(don't ban me plz... im not joking XD) i will tell my doctor about this next thursday and i'll get help XD

--------------------

Another Morning
post Jul 4 2009, 8:19 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Hey, don't worry about it. There's a lot of people that deal with the same thing. I think it's good that you plan to tell your doctor about it, they can figure out a way to help you cope with that, too.

The important thing is that you are a good, interesting, funny, and caring person, and we just want what's best for you and what will make you happy. ^^

This post has been edited by Another Morning: Jul 4 2009, 8:21 PM

--------------------

Tom273
post Jul 4 2009, 9:00 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

thanks that was a nice thing to say ^^

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 4:55 PM