Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qcfFahWIDI&feature=feedu

My reaction is that of this topic's title

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Oct 2 2011, 6:00 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Because, y'know, that's the spirit. I actually liked it. From what I've seen, the transformations look awesome and while not movie-quality, that's some good CGI animation.

*Sigh*

I'm going to set up a corner there, since I KNOW I will be all alone in this.
wkw427
post Oct 2 2011, 6:10 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

=3

If they want to do it all in 3d, do it all in 3d. Don't use a mix of full 2d and full 3d like in that video.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
P-girl
post Oct 2 2011, 6:13 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Why not? One of my favorite other cartoons does it. (Galactik Footbal).
Another Morning
post Oct 2 2011, 6:20 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

O: their new clothes are cute, I like them.

I guess that's what they meant by "new CGI episodes". I'll admit that I prefer the traditional animation, but I'm just resistant to change like that. Like everything else that's happened, I'm sure I'll get used to it. I just liked the 2D animation style. Even if it got a lot of flack for the proportions, it was part of the show to me and I'll miss it.

Bloom's new transformation looks a bit different from the promos we've been seeing. I wonder if there will be two new forms/variants on the same form, or if they just changed the costume from the promo like the original Believix costumes we saw.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
wkw427
post Oct 2 2011, 6:20 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Note that I wasn't going OMG ROXY MARY SUE!!, because it was just a single character. All in all I think the 4th season was one of the best, even though of the animation changes.
My opinion would differ if they kept the cell shading for the whole season though...

But they changed not only the animation, but how the characters look. that didn't look like Bloom, it looked like a barbie thing.
My opinion will most likely change once more is shown, but from this teaser my hopes are NOT high at all.

Also if they use a mix of 2d/flas/season4 stuff and that 3d stuff shown, I'm out.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

RenaEnchantix
post Oct 2 2011, 7:17 PM
Post #7

Harmonix Fairy

okay...I'm in love with this. hahaha.

I'm a bit disappointed about the Winx no longer being a traditional/2D/flash animated show, but the 3D CGI animation was so epic that I can't help but love it. I also love the ocean and merpeople, so that may be affecting my opinion. it does look like a barbie movie, which is...less than favorable...but I love Winx enough to not really care about that.

it does look kind of like they'll be explaining the change in mediums using magic, at least that's how I'm interpreting it. like they go from one realm in 2D to another realm in 3D. I guess they don't really have to explain anything though, since the 2 movies are in 3D already.

I'm crazy excited about this, hahaha. I hope we get to see a lot more soon.
P-girl
post Oct 2 2011, 7:19 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Heh, if they're going the GF route and go CGI for the action, I'd love it. For a CGI movie for young girls, both movies have some epic action going on.
alicia_musa
post Oct 2 2011, 7:29 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

>;o

--------------------

wkw427
post Oct 2 2011, 7:51 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Just remember, with a fully CGI 26 episode show, it will have a very low detail level. 2D shows are much more detailed then fully 3d :\

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

P-girl
post Oct 2 2011, 7:53 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Still, if it's as shown in the trailer (Remember, the ONLY thing we have right now) I'm not too worried.
cupcake12winx
post Oct 2 2011, 8:20 PM
Post #12

Pixie

The trailer reminds me of Code Lyoko, another show that mixed 2D and 3D. Sadly, the animation here is not very good compared to the movies. I mean, just look at Bloom's face... lord. The outfits look good from the .2 second shots we saw of them. I'm really, really hoping they retain some 2D somewhere.

And I swear that music is from Wizard101. Seriously.
Kendall112
post Oct 2 2011, 9:29 PM
Post #13

Bloomix Fairy

I really love this. Im in that corner with you P-girl

--------------------
Nyala
post Oct 3 2011, 5:22 AM
Post #14

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

I think the worst part of this is Stella's civilian outfit (around 0:58)
But I've never been big on frilly, empire-waisted dresses. I didn't like Bloom's Enchantix either, and Stella's dress really reminds me of it.

As far as full-CG... I'm not quite sold on it yet. Still, I can't wait to see it in better quality, and with the girls not moving around so much so you can actually get a good look at them.
mightymarty2
post Oct 3 2011, 8:05 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I think it will be better in one way of animation but I think the trailer is an example of the changes being made to winx. Not how season 5 will really look. I think of past work I prefer 2D (only just).

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Another Morning
post Oct 3 2011, 3:50 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

IF they really are doing partial CG (and that's IF, since it still isn't clear), I will be disappointed. I just never really liked the 3D too much, while I loved the 2D style.

One major reason why they might be doing it, though, is because CG doesn't cost as much as 2D to animate, as long as you aren't getting too fancy.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
P-girl
post Oct 3 2011, 4:48 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

*Whistles innocently while pointing at the Member Teams*
Vaughanh7
post Oct 3 2011, 8:02 PM
Post #18

Believix Fairy

If your corner means being all for this...then I'm in :)

It looks brilliant! I guess I am a little scared of change....but change is good! and after all, Winx is all about change!

--------------------
dreamywinxgirl94
post Oct 4 2011, 12:17 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I'm in love of the CGI. Still reminds me of the epic in Magical Adventure. xD I hope they can keep the same format animation of the characters like in Magical Adventure. =) I mean to me, it looks like a preview and not a final look just yet. Remember they kinda show the similar just like The Secret of the Lost Kingom and they changed it to the final look instead of the 1st Preview we saw?

So I hope in the final look when it's near Fall 2012, the artists/animators have to change Bloom's face expressions. It doesn't look like a Winx Face to me. ^^" But if they used the same way, then it's gonna take time to get use to. ^^"

I really am going to miss the 2D Style. Since Molly Quinn said it will be 3D under water and 2D out. I'm curious how it will be, that must be alot of work. I hope it won't be confusions. But overall, I can't wait! <3

New outfits are so pretty!! xD

I'm curious where Roxy is. I hope they will show her if she is in Alfea or somewhere? xD

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 5:35 AM