Add Reply
> Star Trek
Rating 5 V
melgirl1778
post May 8 2009, 2:07 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

my friend dragged me to the premiere today, and i have never watched twilight, but i loved the movie! it was so much better then expected!

--------------------

Made by Jah

Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post May 8 2009, 2:20 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Wait, is it Twilight or Star Trek that you watched?

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
melgirl1778
post May 9 2009, 2:24 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

lol, star trek

--------------------

Made by Jah

MorriganAensland
post May 9 2009, 7:32 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Just saw the Star Trek movie with my dad.

Now, I wanna put this in context: my dad has seen every Star Trek show (although he's probably missed episodes here or there) and he's seen all the movies. He's not a die-hard fanboy, but he knows his Star Trek material.

And he came out of this movie in amazement, considering it the *best* Star Trek movie he ever saw. I have to agree with him; the actors all do a really good job, the plot had enough twists and turns that even knowing one spoiler for it I was still shocked by the other surprises, and the overall plot was very well thought out.

Abrams, you have officially redeemed yourself after the par-for-the-course Cloverfield. Good for you.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Teh_Exorcist
post May 15 2009, 12:43 AM
Post #5

A True Fairy

I wouldn't go as far as to say it is "this year's Star Wars," but all-in-all I liked it. The only thing I can really complain about is how they used special effects in parts where they didn't really need to be. Oh well, at least it was worth my $8.

--------------------
Call me Ishmael, for my name is all but dust.
Fortress Guy
post May 15 2009, 12:53 AM
Post #6

Harmonix Fairy

It was a very "mainstreamed" Star Trek movie. Good for people who know very little about Trek. It was an action packed romp.

The story comes at a price to the Trek universe though.

Here is my picture filled take on it. You may laugh at some of the captions. STAR TREK 2009

This post has been edited by Fortress Guy: May 15 2009, 12:53 AM

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II
Asher Omega
post May 24 2009, 8:47 PM
Post #7

Butterflix Fairy

I got in with my mom to go see the Movie reviewer's showing, saw the movie. I'd say I'd love to own a copy of it. plus I like the little things that still kept it star trek.

and my mom (an Original Trekkie) liked it as well. I got mobbed to get me one of the (horrible) promotional T-shirts.

the only thing I didn't like was the fact that the Movie reviewers took up at least 1/4 of the entire theater (about 150 seats) for about 30 people. I do not want to see what was inside spock's nose that close ever again. (I got stuck near the front row off to one side, it really sucked.)

all in all, Abrams did a damn good job on the movie. even though he's an admitted Star Wars fan.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 3:59 AM