Add Reply
> No 4kids Season 4 or Movies :'(, its official <.<
humbu111
post Jul 4 2010, 9:47 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

From Michaels Winx site:

Ok, everyone's been asking, will USA get the 1st movie and Winx Club season 4? From 4KidsTV the answer is no, but that doesn't mean never from another source. Michael visited the 4KidsTV booth, checking all promotional materials, banners, signs, etc. Winx Club was no where to be seen. They were heavily promoting their new fall Toonzai (Japanese anime) block for this fall. See Michael's picture below from his personal camera. In addition, their official http://www.4kidsentertainmentinc.com/ removed all trace of Winx Club. Only http://www.4kids.tv/ has Winx Club displayed.

NOOOOOO my life is over <.< I think I'm gonna go cry now *runs off sobbing*

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Go to the top of the page
wkw427
post Jul 4 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Meh, never liked the dub. Well, I did, before I got the other dub

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Princess-Mariah
post Jul 4 2010, 11:54 PM
Post #3

Butterflix Fairy

....it isnt fair.... all those people waiting and this is what we get... i mean yeah we can watch it on youtube but some people cant. IT ISNT FAIR!! icon_cry.gif

--------------------

I myself... am afraid to take the journey into highschool but after watching OHSHC it made me notice...
you never do know what will happen but something good always will :)

~~~~~~
MyaMeOhMy
humbu111
post Jul 4 2010, 11:59 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

The worst part is being stuck with the RAI voices and background music for anything Winx in the the future... yeah I've just lost alot of interest for what used to be my favourite show by so far.

--------------------

Princess-Mariah
post Jul 5 2010, 3:29 AM
Post #5

Butterflix Fairy

Mhmm same ugh how could they do this?

--------------------

I myself... am afraid to take the journey into highschool but after watching OHSHC it made me notice...
you never do know what will happen but something good always will :)

~~~~~~
MyaMeOhMy
mightymarty2
post Jul 5 2010, 6:49 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

thanks for the information, that is a shame but it is not surprising

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
DeadInside
post Jul 5 2010, 8:19 AM
Post #7

Sirenix Fairy

The worst part is being stuck with the RAI voices and background music for anything Winx in the the future... yeah I've just lost alot of interest for what used to be my favourite show by so far.

What? Sorry if I'm the "freak" i here but
Are you people really complaining about not having the messed up version anymore and if you want to see it you have to see it as it was actually made to be seen? Really?
I've seen both, and I know that as you see things you get used to being in some way but... no matter what i'll always prefer the things as the author really made them not as some... people mess them up don't know why...
And about the voice actors... well, thats not really a big deal its always annoying a change but... I don't know...
I always thought of 4kids as some kind of cancer that destroy everything they touch... interesting to see that some people actually like what they do...

but thats just me... and i really never understand people

--------------------
P-girl
post Jul 5 2010, 8:51 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

While I would've picked some more delicate wording, and I understand it must suck..... yeah, I'm going with DeadInside here. You're complaining about the plot-hole inducing dub? The one That made a normal Sphere a Sphere of Truth, creating one of the greatest plot canyons of the series? The one that destroyed Musa's past, making it a confusing mess, just so they could make her a Princess? Yeah....
Kel03
post Jul 5 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #9

Enchantix Fairy

Well us aussies were getting the 4Kids dub with seasons 1 to 3, so after getting the Rai Englsih version of Season 4 aired I wasn't too surprised to hear that news at all. I must admit I'm more use to the 4Kids version and would have liked to seen what they would do with season 4, I have been getting use to the Rai English version now though so I can live without 4Kids doing their version for now. Anyway that's just my 2 cents worth over the news lol
wkw427
post Jul 5 2010, 4:00 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

If 4kids would of done it, Ogron would of had a generic deep voice. He is much better as what he is now.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
P-girl
post Jul 5 2010, 4:06 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

I know, right? I mean, they did the same thing with Valtor. Talk about a voice/look disconnect.
humbu111
post Jul 5 2010, 4:33 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Can we not turn this into another 4kids vs RAI topic kthanks. The 4kids version was said to be a modified version of the RAI one to raise the level of entertainment, and better suit/be more appealing to the American audience. Being Canadian is pretty much the same thing, and therefore I prefer the 4kids version. Anyways its a matter of opinion so I dont see why yall are trying to impose yours on us.

--------------------

P-girl
post Jul 5 2010, 4:36 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

We're not 'Imposing' anything. We're speaking our mind. I mean, you like 4Kids, we don't. Those are our opinions. May we please voice them?
humbu111
post Jul 5 2010, 4:41 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Um yeah, saying RAI is better than 4kids on a topic like this the way that it was said is irrelevant and doesnt serve any purpose. Its not the point of the topic. Voicing your opinion doesnt mean that anywhere a topic related to 4kids is made, people jump in and shout 'RAI is better, 4kids sucks!' Thats borderline trolling.

This post has been edited by humbu111: Jul 5 2010, 4:43 PM

--------------------

P-girl
post Jul 5 2010, 4:44 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

I'm just gonna go now, it's obviously I'm not welcome......

This post has been edited by P-girl: Jul 5 2010, 4:45 PM
humbu111
post Jul 5 2010, 4:46 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

If all you're gonna say is basically 'you're weird for liking 4kids cause its messed up', then yeah you got the right hint.

--------------------

DeadInside
post Jul 5 2010, 4:49 PM
Post #17

Sirenix Fairy

...and better suit/be more appealing to the American audience

Thats something i never really understand, a lot of people say that when they modify Anime and movies... I used to think that it was kinda a insult, like saying "you are not going to understand it as it was made, Your head its not gonna take it"

And About "raise the level of entertainment" I don't think so.
Its like going inside an Fighting Anime show and add a lot of childish jokes in order to make it funny... Oh wait, thats what 4Kids do.... never mind

But Who am I to judge, Im just saying dont worth to comply about this lost

This post has been edited by DeadInside: Jul 5 2010, 4:51 PM

--------------------
humbu111
post Jul 5 2010, 4:53 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

Well American audiences are more used to lots of background music and all, RAI seems so quiet to me. Instead of just generic voices there are voices that suit a character's personality like most American cartoons. Plus the songs in 4kids seem more like mainstream American music. The way they talk and the slang they use is pretty much how people of around that age talk here. Those are all reasons why I prefer 4kids over RAI.

This post has been edited by humbu111: Jul 5 2010, 4:55 PM

--------------------

It'sThePower...
post Jul 5 2010, 5:48 PM
Post #19

Pixie

Sorry to all those people who have been waiting for 4kids season four, because I have been waiting too. For this to happen.

I never really like 4kids dubs unless they do them well (e.g. Pokemon wasn't too shabby, Dinosaur King had it's good moments) but they butchered Winx. I'm a dedicated fan, so I don't want 3 minutes of a show took off for more commercial time. And if it's better suited for a American audience, that makes America sound really not cultural. Can Americans not adapt to another way of animation?
Anyway, if a good company gets it, think of the merchandising! It'll be much better!

--------------------
wkw427
post Jul 5 2010, 5:57 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

I'm only saying that I think these are the bad part of the 4kids dub

-Changing the plot (censoring, rearranging, renaming anything)
-Shortening the episode length
-EVERY inconsistency in the plot
-SOME of the voice actors.

Some of the VAs are good, others are just bad.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:02 PM