Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Add Reply
> A word from 4kids about future dubs, Got a message...
Rating 5 V
wkw427
post Apr 2 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #21

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (Abdu 6b @ Apr 1 2009, 10:57 PM) *
Well that's just weird! I did some research on the internet 2 weeks ago and I found a 4kids preview of the movie! I guess they must have cancelled that. Oh, by the way... 4kids for some reason is no longer even on here in HWD in Ontario! Which made me sad icon_sad.gif

LINK

NOW

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
bloomfan15
post Apr 2 2009, 1:24 PM
Post #22

Mythix Fairy

it might not be the real thing. straffi already announced he's not giving the movie to the US.

--------------------

Thank you for the amazing last 14 years #WestlifeForever (L)

Zhanneel
post Apr 2 2009, 1:32 PM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

That 4kids movie preview sounds like a fake. Even if someone make a trailer with their own dubbed voices...like they did for the fake Legend of Zelda movie on youtube. *shakes fist* Darn you people for getting my hopes up!!
humbu111
post Apr 2 2009, 4:29 PM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Zhanneel
post Apr 2 2009, 4:31 PM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

After watching that "trailer" all I can do is *facepalm*
P-girl
post Apr 2 2009, 4:38 PM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I'm sorry, but that's not even trying to make it genuine.... and excuse me while I snort at the, ah.... 'Info' on the clip.
mightymarty2
post Apr 2 2009, 6:12 PM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Extremly ovious it is fake no 4 kids logos, still rai logos and the info screens don't look right

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
wkw427
post Apr 2 2009, 7:33 PM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy

A better preview of my 4kids winx movie trailer!

Don't you people read the titles anymore?

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
humbu111
post Apr 2 2009, 8:24 PM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Tom273
post Apr 3 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #30

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Banned

It just bothers me terribly when voice actors are changed. To me, it's like you're changing the very character if you change the voice.

i hate it when that happens... if they change Bloom's voice too much in season 4 im propably gonna have a heart attack...

--------------------

Thank you Jah-Jah for the awesome new forum set ^^

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself"
Fortress Guy
post Apr 3 2009, 5:12 PM
Post #31

Harmonix Fairy

Good points. I know this thread is not the place to debate the 4Kids dubs versus the Rai. They both have strengths. I entered the Winx world through 4Kids. While some of the voices are over-the-top, Winx is kind-of an over-the-top show.

Although I have to say that the point made about Timmy in a previous post was a good one. They really went for stereotypical nerd voice in 4Kids of which nearly anything would be an improvement. Musa's voice does have real grit in 4Kids, and aside from the slang it would be missed.

I feel strongly about Tecna's accent. While the voice actor changed from 4kids season 2 to 3, some sort of British empire accent remained. It not being there was not something I noticed watching the movie in Italian with subs. However if the movie were dubbed into English I know I would miss it. Most of America is used to the British-ish accent.

[attachment=691:Winx_forum_sig.jpg]

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II
winxclubrox23
post Apr 3 2009, 5:31 PM
Post #32

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

You guys are going to think this is hilarious. I sent a simalar email to 4kids as an experiment to see what they would say...and

I GOT THE SAME REPLY WORD FOR WORD!

Here's my question:
To Whom it may concern,

I am an avid Winx Club Fan. I absolutely love the 4kids dub and think you did an amazing job dubbing the first three seasons. My question however, is if 4kids is planning to dub the fourth and final season of Winx Club. I hope you will as it would be a shame not to complete the series.

Sincerely,

Teagan (Insert my Last Name here)

Here is their reply:
Thanks for your interest in 4Kids and our shows. We have no new details
about the Winx movie or fourth season coming to the U.S.

Remember that you can watch all your favorite episodes of Winx anytime at:
http://www.4kidstv.com/winx-club

We appreciate your comments and will take them into consideration.

Best,

The 4Kids.tv Webmaster
http://www.4Kids.tv

The funny this is...I didn't even say a WORD about the movie. I only asked about season 4! How stupid can you be?

This post has been edited by winxclubrox23: Apr 3 2009, 5:33 PM

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Boo
post Apr 4 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #33

Cosmix Fairy

Everybody get ready for a long response coming from, you guessed it... Boo! icon_mrgreen.gif

QUOTE (winxclubrox23 @ Apr 3 2009, 06:31 PM) *
You guys are going to think this is hilarious. I sent a simalar email to 4kids as an experiment to see what they would say...and

I GOT THE SAME REPLY WORD FOR WORD!

He he, 4kids and their seemingly automated emails. How so very rude. icon_razz.gif
*email runs through*
*picks up any of these words: 'movie winx club season 4 information new dub'*
*automated email response*

Just kidding... icon_mrgreen.gif

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Apr 2 2009, 03:52 AM) *
Rai: At first I thought I'd hate it, and for the same reasons as everyone else. I thought the voices were not distinctive enough. That they didn't match the person's character. But then I realized my voice doesn't necessarily match my own character in real life, and nor does anyone else's for that matter. We come to associate voices to characters/people after we get to know someone. So what I'm saying is, the voices won't match to your ears when you first watch the Rai dub. But that's the beauty of it. It's realistic. You have to watch many episodes to come to realize each person's voice has little distinctions that separate them, and eventually you come to associate the voices with the character themselves. I will say though that I'm not too fond of Riven and Musa's voice actors. But Timmy's was a nice change icon_wink.gif. No stereotypical geeky sounding voice anymore!

That's very true... Good points!
I agree with your last note about Timmy's voice... though, I didn't really mind the 4kids version to begin with (*mumbles* They kept the voice actor all 3 seasons for him as well as the other boys and minor characters, but somehow, they failed to keep the same voice actress for Tecna (a character with a lot more screentime). I never really got a definite answer as to why that happened.

QUOTE (humbu111 @ Apr 2 2009, 05:29 PM) *
I think its most probably fake too. And the link is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDM9O54OdNQ

Oh wow... definitely a fake there.
Note the unprofessional look of it (and alas, I was watching it without sound and I could tell it was not official.) :/ Ah, the benefits of using a movie maker (Windows Movie Maker, iMovie)... you can tell when other videos were created with them.

QUOTE (Fortress Guy @ Apr 3 2009, 06:12 PM) *
I feel strongly about Tecna's accent. While the voice actor changed from 4kids season 2 to 3, some sort of British empire accent remained. It not being there was not something I noticed watching the movie in Italian with subs. However if the movie were dubbed into English I know I would miss it. Most of America is used to the British-ish accent.

[attachment=691:Winx_forum_sig.jpg]

I know what you mean. I totally agree.

For some reason, her accent just seems to fit her, (I personally preferred 4kids' voice actress for her during seasons 1 and 2 instead of the one for season 3 by far though). Anything else sounds just a bit off...
Though, that's my opinion. Keep in mind that I began watching Winx through 4kids, and that's probably why I think it simply 'works'.

Though, I do prefer her voice in the Italian version versus the Rai english version. I think it might be due to the fact that it's a lower voice and sounds more mature versus the Rai one... that, and I don't really care for the husky sounding voice for her...

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
humbu111
post Apr 4 2009, 12:10 AM
Post #34

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Apr 4 2009, 2:04 AM
Post #35

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

QUOTE (humbu111 @ Apr 3 2009, 08:10 PM) *

Rofl, do it! However, I'm 100% sure you will get an automated answer ^^.

And Boo, I agree on Tecna's 4kids voice actor. I will always miss the first two seasons of her voice. I just got used to them =(.
Fortress Guy
post Apr 4 2009, 6:15 PM
Post #36

Harmonix Fairy

The movie...

I mean come on 4Kids or whoever up the line in the studio makes the decisions. How much does it really cost to buy the license for American TV distribution and gather the handful of voice actors together for a couple days? It is not like you have to actually produce any content. Dub it, run your promos, and watch the ratings happen.

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Apr 4 2009, 7:54 PM
Post #37

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

It must have something to do with not making enough profit on it, either from 4kids' or Straffi's point-of-view--which is nuts, because Winx did/does great on 4kids programming. Otherwise someone would be all over it ready to dub it and set it up for American/Canadian programming. I lean more toward it being Straffi's fault, since he was the one saying the movie would be too profound, or some other BS, for it to be successful in America. Granted, he was talking about movie theaters at the time, but maybe he meant in any format.
mightymarty2
post Apr 4 2009, 8:08 PM
Post #38

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

The thing i don't understand is america is the richest country and 4kids would not keep it going for so long if it is not popular and if marketed right he could be very profitable.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Fortress Guy
post Apr 4 2009, 8:12 PM
Post #39

Harmonix Fairy

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Apr 4 2009, 03:54 PM) *
It must have something to do with not making enough profit on it, either from 4kids' or Straffi's point-of-view--which is nuts, because Winx did/does great on 4kids programming. Otherwise someone would be all over it ready to dub it and set it up for American/Canadian programming. I lean more toward it being Straffi's fault, since he was the one saying the movie would be too profound, or some other BS, for it to be successful in America. Granted, he was talking about movie theaters at the time, but maybe he meant in any format.

Good points Zhaneel. But what about the toys? There is so much $ in the licensed toys, clothes, hair accessories, stationary, etc. I hope Straffi is not holding it up.

He seems like such a visionary. I hope he does not get lost in his own creations or skewed by his own success.

Which reminds me, do you remember that scene in Spaceballs where Yogurt was touting the value of merchandising? "Spaceballs the board game. Spaceballs the toilet paper! Speceballs the flamethrower!!"

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Apr 4 2009, 8:17 PM
Post #40

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Apparently those toys and merchandise were not selling very well in the states v_v. They removed them from the shelves here years ago. *shakes fist in the direction of Straffi's head*

Lolz, yes, Spaceballs, friggin' awesome movie. Ahh, nostalgia. I shall be checking ebay for that flamethrower icon_wink.gif.

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 7:26 PM