13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >  
Add Reply
> The Olympics
Jahnavi
post Aug 22 2008, 3:46 PM
Post #201

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Well, if they really are over 16, I'm glad they won the medals, they were really good. But, if they're under 16 I hope some action is taken, because it would be horrible if they cheated like that.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Go to the top of the page
Abby
post Aug 22 2008, 3:50 PM
Post #202

Cosmix Fairy

They look really young, I really don't think they're 16. I mean they're good, but just because they're good they shouldn't be able to get away with cheating.
Jahnavi
post Aug 22 2008, 3:52 PM
Post #203

Cosmix Fairy

I agree. China may be the hosts, but they shouldn't get any special privileges because of that.

--------------------
humbu111
post Aug 22 2008, 5:48 PM
Post #204

Cosmix Fairy

I agree but it would be really easy to fake it and very hard to prove that they're not. Thats the sad part.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

melgirl1778
post Aug 22 2008, 7:28 PM
Post #205

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

i dont think that can prove they are under 16, because they have legal documents. but even if they cant prove it, china shamed them selves because everyone knows they cheated. and did they were printing things that said the 'won' the olympics, because they had the most gold medels. i thinks thats a little tackey.

--------------------

Made by Jah

dittadulla
post Aug 22 2008, 7:34 PM
Post #206

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

ICELAND WON ANOTHER HANDBALL GAME!! icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

we are competing for the gold this Sunday against France^^ ALL ICELAND is crazy of happiness^^ our fourth medal since the beginning...

--------------------
humbu111
post Aug 22 2008, 7:43 PM
Post #207

Cosmix Fairy

@Melgirl- unless there's a tie for the total number of medals, it doesnt matter if they have the most golds, US is still in the lead, so they're wrong, they didnt win cos its not over, and they're not winning either
@Ditta- wow, congrats! I'll be cheering for Iceland in the finals ^_^

--------------------

dittadulla
post Aug 22 2008, 7:59 PM
Post #208

Cosmix Fairy

thank you^^

Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé! I was in need to yell this out^^

and... the president was in China watching and said that there should be a big nation celebration!! and his wife said: Iceland is not a small country, it's the biggest country in the world!

oh, I'm so happy, and I bet every Icelander is^^

fun fact: there was NO business in Iceland during the game^^

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Aug 22 2008, 8:24 PM
Post #209

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Lol, it must be fun chaos in Iceland right now, with barely anyone going to work and staying home glued to the tv =P.

I do hope they get the Chinese gymnastics thing figured out. However, I highly doubt there will be concrete evidence. China is very good at hiding it's flaws, and all it takes is the government to fudge some numbers and voila. They cheat and don't get caught. It sucks because the entire system is probably in on it. They tell the parents, friends, gymnastics, coaches, etc to lie, they change the numbers in the computers, they remove online articles that were previously up that stated "false" information, and they get the entire country to back them up. I understand national pride is apparently an almost holy thing for their people, but have some humility and don't always back up your country just because they tell you to. I would like some of the Chinese people not to jump on the bandwagon and instead think about this fairly. Not everything your government or country does is good and taken at face value. They need to think for themselves. If it were happening to them we know they would have a fit...

I would almost be willing to let the girls keep the medals since they did actually earn them, but strip some of the titles that came with as a sort of reprimand. As long as they actually were to admit to lying.
dittadulla
post Aug 22 2008, 8:42 PM
Post #210

Cosmix Fairy

look what I found, see the bold words icon_sad.gif

Handball Day 14 Review: Favorite France and outsider Iceland ready for gold

Semifinals

France vs. Croatia: 25-23

Les Bleus got the upper hand over former Olympic champion Croatia and advanced to the gold medal match, where they will face outsider Iceland.

Now Croatia will fight over the bronze medal with Spain, who just lost to a dogged Iceland.

Iceland vs. Spain: 36-30

A bullheaded Iceland team outplayed 2005 world champion Spain and went from a disadvantage position to taking the upper hand. This victory marked their entrance into the gold medal match with Les Bleus. It will be Iceland's first time playing in the finals in the Olympics.

Five goals in a row from the Icelandic team gave Spain a blow in the first five minutes, forcing Spain to take an early time-out in the first half to readjust the tactics. Duo Juan Garcia and Iker Romero helped Spain make a come back by contributing five goals each.

For the first 40 minutes a focused Spain managed to keep Iceland's lead at a narrow margin. Later on, Iceland steadily advanced, with left back Logi Geirsson scoring seven goals. The intense game saw a rush of two-minute suspensions and Spain's Carlos Prieto was sent off court with a red card.

Albert Rocas scored a team-high seven goals out of eleven tries for Spain, while Geirsson and Valur Gudjon Sigurdsson both contributed seven goals for Iceland.

THIS IS SO UNFAIR HOW THEY NAME US, BULLHEADED?!?!

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Aug 22 2008, 8:47 PM
Post #211

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Aww, that's baloney. Which country wrote this article?
dittadulla
post Aug 22 2008, 8:53 PM
Post #212

Cosmix Fairy

it was on the official chinese site, in english.

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Aug 22 2008, 9:02 PM
Post #213

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Geez, pfft, must be someone on the Olympic committee? Not sure who had the gall to say those things though. They need to be more careful with how they regard each country, and not make it seem like some countries are better or worse in any way than others.
humbu111
post Aug 22 2008, 9:16 PM
Post #214

Cosmix Fairy

Thats so racist! Hot could they say something like that, especially on an official site!

--------------------

dittadulla
post Aug 22 2008, 9:17 PM
Post #215

Cosmix Fairy

but if they really like to do that to the icelandic nation... then they are doing it to poor Spain too. if they say that about the team that won Spain, then Spain is supposed to suck twice as much icon_sad.gif

--------------------
AnnieBelle
post Aug 22 2008, 9:44 PM
Post #216

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Oh, I saw that at school today. I remember saying "Hey, they can't say that about Ditta's country!" really loudly when I saw that. Unfortunately, I was in the school library. So EVERYONE turned to look at the loud girl. It was embarassing, but at least everyone near me knew not to mess with any of my friends' countries. ^-^

I swear those gymnasts are not 16. Seriously. I swear it.
@Melgirl: They're saying they "won" the Olympics because they have the most gold? Ew. I mean, yes, they have the most gold, but if you want to get technical, the US "won" because they have the most medals. Though, honestly, since when was the Olympics about "most gold" or "winning"?

xD alll the classrooms in my school have TV's, and most turn on a live broadcast on this one channel the school has...that I forget what it's called now...because I'm tired...

The difference in medals between the US and Poland is 94 medals. -_-"

@Jahnavi: ....about the "More than 2 medal in India" thing, I'm sorry, but even if I was from India, I would have cracked up hearing that.

--------------------
dittadulla
post Aug 22 2008, 9:59 PM
Post #217

Cosmix Fairy

that's so sweet of you to think [or say xD] that about me and my iceland^^

what will they say when the bullheads win a gold, better than "favorite France" or Spain or Croatia or every other nation that competed in mens handball. who is a bullhead then?!?!

seriously, we are SMALL nation, like it was said in the radio, some people said to the president in the break that we are AMAZING if we win Spain there while we are so small, it shows how we can come up with so AMAZING winning team! and beat those nations with millions of people in it.

those words touched me :')

--------------------
Jahnavi
post Aug 23 2008, 10:30 AM
Post #218

Cosmix Fairy

Lol, it's okay, you have the right to crack up Annie. I guess it was funny, but I just found the announcer's lack of self-respect frustrating...

(Well, then again, there are countries who haven't won any medals yet, so I guess I should be happy that we have at least 3...)

--------------------
dittadulla
post Aug 23 2008, 10:39 AM
Post #219

Cosmix Fairy

we are getting 1...

--------------------
humbu111
post Aug 23 2008, 4:15 PM
Post #220

Cosmix Fairy

Jahnavi, I'm slow, what were the two bronze medals in?

--------------------

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 4:02 AM