Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> unblocking websites?
rano0oma
post Jun 17 2010, 8:47 AM
Post #1

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

Okay.. so a few of you may know, I am currently in China for the summer.. and they have blocked every single website I am a regular at, minus MCF, like Facebook and Youtube, I espicially need youtube.
So, does anyone know any softwares that can unblock websites.. I would be really thankful.

PS: It doesn't have to be a software.. anyway would do just fine, as long as it works :)

Rano.. :)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
winxclub-joy
post Jun 17 2010, 10:27 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

China blocked youtube and lots of other social websites.... cuz they are pretty anti-social? >.<

Why did ya went there for summer anyways?

--------------------
DeadInside
post Jun 17 2010, 10:42 AM
Post #3

Sirenix Fairy

On mostly of the cases you can use a Proxy server to redirect your internet IP address around the world to another country(s) to avoid blocking or being tracked... on a global blocks like china's I'm not really sure if it work...

You can find easily a free Proxy Web Server page around the net.... just Google "Free Proxy server"
They can be found in two ways or an auto redirect that you only write the address you want to go and It redirect you.
Or a chart with a list IP Addresses (numbers divided by dots) this are mostly more useful, but you got to get them to work configuring the proxy on your internet connection setting... or what is more easy and more useful change it on the FireFox preferences panels...
It can be found some FireFox Plug-ins that make this configuration even more easy.

In case that it work but you wont be able to get in the proxy page from your destiny you should travel with a stand alone document that include a proxy list... but get them about to go, some of them are useless after 24 hours.

--------------------
wkw427
post Jun 17 2010, 10:53 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

http://www.ultrareach.com/
If that doesn't work, then I can't attach it..
Just run the exe and it will open internet explorer and be unblocked

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
rano0oma
post Jun 18 2010, 3:38 AM
Post #5

Butterflix Fairy

@Joy- My uncle invited us..

@DeadInside- yes i tried some proxy sites and they worked for me, but i can't comment on Facebook or view videos on Youtube..

@wkw- the link u gave is blocked xD

--------------------
winxclub-joy
post Jun 18 2010, 4:17 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

That's what I said China.... This is something I really really dislike about China.

They tend to block some various websites for nothing, didn't they know that WWW is taking over the world now?

Unless your IP is not from China, if not... even god is unable to do something =_=

--------------------
DeadInside
post Jun 18 2010, 9:32 AM
Post #7

Sirenix Fairy

Some of the Proxy servers automatically block scripts and Java... or don't allow "posting buttons" thats make for prevent Hackers to use them to post stuff anonymously (kinda sux)
...If you are using "just write the address here" kind of proxy try the check buttons some of them have in the bottom to choose "Allow Scripting" and/or "Allow Javascript" i don't know about FaceBook but it should work on Youtube... Or Rapidshare/Megaupload LOL

BTW, as i know Ultrareach its an auto proxy to an... US proxy or something like that not really sure, so its almost the same thing, but honestly those free apps never really get the work done (in my experience, someone may disagree) if you want an auto proxy client that really works sadly it have to be a subscription-based payed app

This post has been edited by DeadInside: Jun 18 2010, 9:39 AM

--------------------
wkw427
post Jun 18 2010, 2:19 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

If I could upload a zip attachment, I could send you the tunnel program icon_sad.gif

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
rano0oma
post Jun 19 2010, 4:09 AM
Post #9

Butterflix Fairy

nvm guys :) i got a software called ''Hotspot shield'' and its unblocked.. icon_biggrin.gif
thanks for your help, though :)

--------------------
Abdu 6b
post Sep 1 2010, 2:25 AM
Post #10

Tynix Fairy

I was hoping this topic was about unbloacking websites that schools block but now that I read it I feel really sadfor people living in China who can't visit youtube. Is this something the government did?

--------------------
Thank you Shaylo for the awesome signature.
terriordx32
post Sep 1 2010, 9:48 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

I just use proxy hiders and sometimes it works

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
wkw427
post Sep 1 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

I've uploaded a zip with two different versions of firefox, a firefox proxy adon, and two different versions of a tunneling program.

http://www.filefront.com/17255332/unblock_sites.zip

1. run either version of firefox. One may be blocked, the other might not
If you still can't get to some sites
2. drag the wjbutton file into firefox, install it, restart firefox, and click enable in the corner.
If that still doesnt work
3. run U995 or U998. It will start up internet explorer and should work
if it still doesnt work
4. bring a laptop and subscribe to a wireless plan

This post has been edited by wkw427: Sep 1 2010, 10:45 PM

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 8:40 AM