Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed Topic
> Ponyo, Gake no ue no Ponyo (Ponyo on the cliff by the sea)
Dreaming_faerie
post Sep 14 2009, 4:02 AM
Post #1

Charmix Fairy

Group: Members

Okay, so this is the newest Miyazaki movie. I just saw it today and it is really so adorable. I really recommend it for everyone.

I love his works, but this is just so cute. I love what he does with animation, especially backgrounds and such. Everything about the movie was beautiful - the visuals, the story, the characters, etc.

Of course, Miyazaki has a habit of making the young kids way wise beyond their years, but hey, belief needs to be suspended for something like this. It was awesome! <3

So yeah, just thought I'd tell everyone and recommend it.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
Zing
post Sep 14 2009, 4:37 AM
Post #2

Butterflix Fairy

I second that recommendation :)

Miyazaki's films are always brilliant and a joy to watch with the continuous theme of "love conquers all." At first I was iffy about Ponyo after hearing about who the voice actors were for the two main characters, but I mean it's Miyazaki so I just HAD to see it. I must say I was QUITE impressed at how well the voice acting was, and I admit I was laughing and smiling throughout the entire film. It's definitely a must see.

--------------------
Another Morning
post Sep 14 2009, 5:20 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I saw it with my cousins, it was totally adorable ^^ I also am a fan of Miyazaki movies in general but I still enjoyed this one on its own. As usual, the art was beautiful, and the story was sweet. One thing with some Miyazaki movies is that they tend to include some Japanese mythology or fables that, while common knowledge in Japan, can confuse people over here, but it was still very sweet. I'd recommend it!

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Abdu 6b
post Sep 15 2009, 2:40 AM
Post #4

Tynix Fairy

I wanna see it!

--------------------
Thank you Shaylo for the awesome signature.
Ranma
post Sep 16 2009, 1:33 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

I saw it last night. All my bathroom supplies were stolen right out of my apartment by the cleaners. This movie completely made me forget about it until I got home. I love the movie.

I also believe he makes children "wise beyond their years" for a reason. I think that's his way of saying that we should learn from children. That boy was innocent and so full of love for a creature that he found randomly one day. I loved the movie so much.

--------------------
winxclubrox23
post Sep 16 2009, 3:55 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Aw, I wanna see this so, so bad! I don't think it's in theatres here yet. That, or I'm far too busy with school and dance and such to notice.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Toriamelio
post Sep 20 2009, 7:14 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Well I don't really want to see it. It's so much like the Little Mermaid! here's a list of similarities
~ girl and shes a fish
~ wants to be human
~ meets boy that she likes
~ father doesn't want her become human
SEE?!

--------------------

*Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.*
Thanks for the set Breana!
P-girl
post Sep 20 2009, 7:18 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

I dunno.... it sure LOOKS way different from the little mermaid.
Another Morning
post Sep 21 2009, 4:33 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

I guess some of the elements are the same, but...overall, it's way different. It didn't even occur to me to compare the two when I was watching it, they're so different.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Toriamelio
post Sep 24 2009, 4:01 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

yeah, they do have there differences but I just wanted to point out there similarities for kicks XD

--------------------

*Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.*
Thanks for the set Breana!
Zhanneel
post Sep 29 2009, 3:17 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Sorry, blurring through topics at light speed and here's my quick response:

Yep, it's a cute movie. I love the animation style. Got the typical, but highly appreciable Studio Ghibli touch. The characters are not going to be epic or amazing in this movie since the plot is a bit more subdued. But the theme is cute. Not exactly your "Little Mermaid" inspired characters, but Ponyo herself is slightly comparable. Her methods to becoming a human are quite different though. icon_wink.gif I would recommend this movie as well if you fancy a cute story, lovable characters, a great soundtrack, and lovely animation. (Just remember this isn't going to be a Princess Mononoke or Howl's Moving Castle. It's more comparable to My Neighbor Totoro.)

Closed Topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 6:15 AM