Add Reply
> Avatar: Legend of Korra
Sen
post Apr 18 2012, 4:53 PM
Post #21

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (Abby @ Apr 16 2012, 04:29 AM) *
I watched it finally and thought it was pretty cool. I liked how they made it a bit more modern like in the early to mid 20th century and the connections with all of the characters from the last airbender. I still think I will like the original series the best, but it will be cool to keep up with this one.

My opinion as well. =)
I had to get used to Korra's attitude. So different from Aang's. laugh.gif

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

Winx Club & Rainbow -- Translated articles: http://incantesimo.lareveuse.net/
Go to the top of the page
Abby
post Apr 18 2012, 9:07 PM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

QUOTE (Sen @ Apr 18 2012, 12:53 PM) *
My opinion as well. =)
I had to get used to Korra's attitude. So different from Aang's. laugh.gif

Me too, and I'm still getting used to it. I don't really like how over-confident she is, but then again it is a nice change from the mostly passive Aang.

And apparently the voice actor for Mako is also Helia's VA in the nick version (I think)

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.
Sen
post Apr 19 2012, 10:59 AM
Post #23

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (Abby @ Apr 18 2012, 11:07 PM) *
Me too, and I'm still getting used to it. I don't really like how over-confident she is, but then again it is a nice change from the mostly passive Aang.

And apparently the voice actor for Mako is also Helia's VA in the nick version (I think)

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

Yeah, her attitude is bound to get her in lots of future trouble. I hope she'll grow up a bit because those situations can get boring/predictable. =)

This is cool! I haven't heard Helia's new voice yet and it's great! O.O

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

Abby
post May 7 2012, 1:36 AM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

I think the show is getting really good now, I can't wait to see how the whole Mako/Korra relationship is played out in the long run as well as linking back to the last airbender.

I want one of Zuko's relatives to be in the show already! He's my favorite from the last airbender series.
Zhanneel
post May 7 2012, 4:05 AM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I miss Uncle Iroh!

[/nostalgic memories]

Okay, I've yet to actually watch an episode of this series, but I liked the first one very much and the whole element bending universe, so I'm am pretty pumped for this next series. More modern, a hot-headed main character, 70 years into the future -- I think I can take all of those changes on and still enjoy this a lot. I'm a little behind on tv watching (still going through the second half of Season 4 Winx!) but I want to start Korra very soon. From everyone's responses it sounds great. And as always with the first series, I love the animation.

Cool find on the voice acting part Abby. I really like finding out when my favorite voice actors reoccur in other cartoons I like. (i.e. Brock from Pokemon and Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh!, same voice acting, whoo hoo!)
Abby
post May 8 2012, 12:31 AM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah I found it on my tumblr newsfeed randomly and was like "whoa, how did a winx thing end up here?" since I don't really follow any winx tumblr's and realized its because my friend reblogged it from a legend of korra one!

I really like the whole modernization thing since I'm really into history (it is my major) and one of my favorite time periods is the twentieth century and the show has that kind of 1920s feel to it.

And don't feel alone in being behind on tv shows, I have only seen 1 episode of season 4 of winx and have no clue when I will catch up on the rest, plus I'm watching a bunch of shows on Netflix that I am just discovering the greatness of now (like Parks and Recreation for example).
Sen
post Jun 15 2012, 5:51 PM
Post #27

Butterflix Fairy

The finale is next week. I didn't know there would be so few episodes. =((

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

Kaylin
post Jun 15 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #28

Believix Fairy

I know, it's really upsetting. I want more! ):
Abby
post Jun 16 2012, 1:49 AM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy

I know icon_sad.gif I feel like there is so much that hasn't been revealed in the show yet. Like how Amon can take away bending at all or how blood bending is possible without a full moon.

Oh and I love your avatar and signature kaylin!
Sen
post Jun 16 2012, 7:11 PM
Post #30

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (Abby @ Jun 16 2012, 03:49 AM) *
I know icon_sad.gif I feel like there is so much that hasn't been revealed in the show yet. Like how Amon can take away bending at all or how blood bending is possible without a full moon.

Oh and I love your avatar and signature kaylin!

Maybe this will be explain in the final episodes (or season 2).
I completely agree with you, everything went so fast and there are so many questions. wacko.gif

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

Kaylin
post Jun 17 2012, 5:13 AM
Post #31

Believix Fairy

I agree. I wish they would've moved slower, but given that they only have 30 minutes to build the story each week, plus the fact that the seasons are so short, they don't have enough time to thoroughly develop everything. But they're great with their storieslines and I'm sure our questions will be answers. (PS: Thanks, Abby. ^^)

Did you guys see the episode from this morning? I usually just watch it streaming online because I don't have cable at my house.
Doomgiver
post Jun 17 2012, 5:40 PM
Post #32

Pixie

I think its a good pass, but I hope there will be a second season or something
Sen
post Jun 18 2012, 12:00 PM
Post #33

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (Kaylin @ Jun 17 2012, 07:13 AM) *
I agree. I wish they would've moved slower, but given that they only have 30 minutes to build the story each week, plus the fact that the seasons are so short, they don't have enough time to thoroughly develop everything. But they're great with their storieslines and I'm sure our questions will be answers. (PS: Thanks, Abby. ^^)

Did you guys see the episode from this morning? I usually just watch it streaming online because I don't have cable at my house.

How long were ATLA's episodes again? unsure.gif

I've read that there will be a comic series about LoK to answer more questions. icon_biggrin.gif

I watched it today (streaming as well, I don't live in the US). It was wow. O_O I do feel bad for Asami though, Mako should have reacted in another way. =(

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

P-girl
post Jun 18 2012, 12:17 PM
Post #34

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Awesome show. Would've dropped the shipping, myself. Even if it was just for how most of the internet seems to be focussed on it.

The internet: 'Like, Omigod, this whole love triangle thing is terrible and ruins the show'
Me: *Too busy fawning over Korra, Tenzin and Lin being awesome to care/notice* Did she just take down an AIRSHIP?! Wooh! That's the Bei Fong spirit!

But then again, I'm one of those rare people that likes to focus on the POSITIVE.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Jun 18 2012, 12:22 PM
Abby
post Jun 19 2012, 12:20 AM
Post #35

Cosmix Fairy

I also kind of feel bad for Asami, but I agree with p-girl I want more explanations about the powers and the action rather than the shipping. All that is on my tumblr news feed from my one friend who loves lok and atla is shipping stuff, it drives me crazy.
Kaylin
post Jun 19 2012, 5:08 AM
Post #36

Believix Fairy

Yeah, the way people go so crazy over shipping is kind of annoying. I see people fighting over which ship is best all over Tumblr and it gets old after a while.

The episodes of Avatar were thirty minutes as well, but they had more episodes per season to build the story on. (Avatar had 20 per season, whereas Korra only has 12.)

I feel bad for Asami, as well, and I am tired of Mako leading both her and Korra on, and blaming everything that goes wrong on other people. I love the idea of Mako and Korra being together, but it's really annoying that he's hurting so many people by doing what he's been doing.

I can't wait for next week, to see what happens to everyone (especially Lin) and to see what Iroh's character is like!
P-girl
post Jun 19 2012, 6:58 AM
Post #37

Cosmix Fairy

The whole Mako/Korra/Asami-thing reminds me of Sky/Bloom/Diaspro. And even tough I still think the 4Kids dub made Diaspro too nice, let's face it, Sky was the one to blame here, too.
Kaylin
post Jun 21 2012, 2:45 AM
Post #38

Believix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Jun 19 2012, 12:58 AM) *
The whole Mako/Korra/Asami-thing reminds me of Sky/Bloom/Diaspro. And even tough I still think the 4Kids dub made Diaspro too nice, let's face it, Sky was the one to blame here, too.

You know, I never thought of it that way... But you're right, the love triangles are very similar! At least Mako isn't engaged... But still. He's been kind of a jerk lately and I wish we could focus on character development more than the triangle. But I trust the creators, and I can't wait to see what they have in store for us in future episodes!
P-girl
post Jun 21 2012, 6:57 AM
Post #39

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Kaylin @ Jun 21 2012, 03:45 AM) *
You know, I never thought of it that way... But you're right, the love triangles are very similar! At least Mako isn't engaged... But still. He's been kind of a jerk lately and I wish we could focus on character development more than the triangle. But I trust the creators, and I can't wait to see what they have in store for us in future episodes!

I'm just glad they didn't make Asami totally unlikeable. He calling out Mako was awesome and mature.
Kaylin
post Jun 21 2012, 7:00 PM
Post #40

Believix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Jun 21 2012, 12:57 AM) *
I'm just glad they didn't make Asami totally unlikeable. He calling out Mako was awesome and mature.

I agree! She handles things really well. I really hope she'll break things off with Mako, because he honestly doesn't deserve to be in a relationship with her. I mean, she lost both her parents and is now homeless, plus she'd being led on by some guy she really trusted.

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 7:05 PM