Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Maleificent
winxclubrox23
post Jan 28 2014, 3:32 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

So this doesn't come out until May, but there has been a few trailers released, the newest one being this one:

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

I honestly don't think I've been this excited for a movie in a very long time. As a child, Sleeping Beauty was my absolute favourite of all, and today still remains easily in my top 5 favourite Disney movies. Malificent is without a doubt, hands down my favourite Disney villain, and I was matched with her in Disneyland in the "Which Character Are You" Needless to say, I'm excited. This looks like it's going to be absolutely brilliant. When I first heard they had cast Angelina Jolie, I was skeptical, but after seeing the trailers, I am 100% on board.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Go to the top of the page
Salomea
post Apr 1 2014, 1:27 PM
Post #2

Pixie

Group: New Members

I was really excited, when I heard the news and first teaser appeared. But as they said it's going to be a sleeping beauty reboot, I'm not so into it anymore icon_sad.gif I was really hoping of some more in depth story, cause goodness, if she wasn't the most powerful of the all! And then they showed her with eagle wings, making me think "Narnia" and not in a good way.
To be honest, I'm not fan what Disney done to Sleeping Beauty story, it was one of good moral message one- what happens when one is denied knowledge, in over-protective family/ society, which doesn't allow self-discovery, therefore leaving it to dangerous "underground", or "attic", and all that was brushed away leaving Aurora one of prettiest, but shallowest princesses ever.
The main power of the animation was it's style- obviously amazing and unconventional and the "villain". I mean she uses one of most explicit lines in whole Disney history! ^^ And that's why she deserves her OWN story.
I think the movie will be a hit, and has a chance to be good, I'm not saying otherwise, to be clear. And I'm pretty much sure there will be plenty of lovers of the pic. Also I think Angelina Jolie is a good choice and she makes the role. But the script could be more, that's my point..

--------------------
You gain wisdom by talking with stars, but to see them you need deep dark.
musa225
post Apr 7 2014, 4:17 PM
Post #3

Tynix Fairy

Group: Members

I want to see this movie! it looks really really really good

--------------------

Click on the image above to join in on the fun! Send me a message when you do.
***xoxx***
Abby
post Apr 12 2014, 3:07 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I really love backstory movies for these classic characters, especially when they explore why they are evil or what happened to them.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:09 PM