mightymarty2
post Sep 13 2011, 7:34 AM
Post #21

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Good luck to both of you

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Go to the top of the page
dittadulla
post Sep 13 2011, 6:54 PM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

QUOTE (winxclubrox23 @ Sep 12 2011, 11:43 PM) *
As of three weeks ago, I've started grade 12, which means next year I have to grow up and be a big girl, and go to university. xD I'm not sure how to feel about that. I mean, it's going to be nice getting out of this little town that I'm so sick of, but I would really rather prefer to be young forever and be lazy.

Ah good luck Tea!! Yeah I get your be young ans lazy I don't want to..........grow up............... and put effort into things................

QUOTE (Another Morning @ Sep 12 2011, 11:57 PM) *
Good luck to Ditty and Tea being in your last years of required schooling \o/ You'll both be fine. And Ditty, I hope you can work out a way to get to the school you want.

Ah thank you!! I hope I can get to it after a year or two though!

--------------------
Bloom girl
post Sep 14 2011, 11:28 AM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

@alica_musa : I hope you get well soon :)

QUOTE (mightymarty2 @ Sep 12 2011, 10:28 PM) *
@Bloom girl: Lets hope that's a positive sign about the commitment to schools, even in the news around Greece's finances are not positive

I hope the same thing too.

QUOTE (Another Morning @ Sep 12 2011, 09:26 PM) *
And Bloom girl, at least you managed to get some text books. Good luck starting the year!

Thank you very much

QUOTE (dittadulla @ Sep 13 2011, 12:16 AM) *
I'm sorry about the financial issues in Greece, Bloom girl!! The textbooks should have been the last thing to be cut down, but I see with your spirit that you're going to get through it! Good luck with your English diploma! =)

Thank you! Good luck with the new school year! :) I hope you can get to the school you want

@winxclubrox23 : Good luck icon_wink.gif

Yesterday, I met my new classmates & they are friendly. I already knew some of them, beacause we were classmates in junior high school or elementary school.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm on the 10th grade this year. High school ends at 12th grade. On 11th grade you choose some subjects you want to study and in the end of 12th grade you have to take examinations (the examinations are based on the 5 or 6 subjects you have chosen) and get high marks in order to get to the university you want.
But this year, they decided to change this old system in high school! The students who are on 11th & 12th grade now will work with the old educational system. The students (like me) who started 10th grade this year will work with a new educational system that nobady's sure if it will be efficient or inefficient (so, children who have been born in 1996 are something like an "experiement"!) We'll work at groups (of 4 students) and not individually. Every student in the group has to cooperate with each other & do projects when the professor asks them to do so. Furthermore it is said that the grades/marks we will get during the 2 quadrimesters this year will play a much more important role than before. (The grades/marks of the 11th & 12th grade were more important before, but now the grades/marks of the 10th grade play an important role as well.)
It is also rumored that the final exams, those that students take in the end of high school (12th grade), will be abolished. You will be able to choose & get to the university you want. When you get to the university you choose you will take some exams and if you pass then you can continue attending lessons in this university. If you fail the exams then you have to take exams again next year (?)
The examination system in universities is going to become stricter & it will be more difficult to get in the university you want. But from the other side this is good and I will expain the reason: There are many young people in universities in Greece who graduate after attending many years than needed. They don't graduate because they don't pass the exams they take every year at university. They are just bored to study and they don't attend the lessons on a daily basis. As a result there are many students (for example) that got to university when they were 19 and when they become 27 years old they are still students!
So, thanks to this new system (if it will be practiced) these students who don't study in university will be motivated to make a greater effort to graduate.

I hope this new system will prove beneficial.

This post has been edited by Bloom girl: Sep 14 2011, 12:25 PM
Bloom girl
post Oct 14 2011, 4:19 PM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

Sorry for double-posting..but no one had replied to this topic for long time

Look what happened today in the streets of my small town.

http://lefteria.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-post_5272.html

All the high school (and some junior high school) students were demonstrating about the bad situation in Greece. The government ruined our generation. We still don't have school books, the libraries are closed, because they say it costs lots of money to the government. They also changed the educational system. The govenment want us to become illiterated so that they will keep us under control...

Many schools in the whole country have been closed by the students in order show protest against this situation. My school is closed since Monday.
But the government still hasn't made any moves to improve this situation. They should do something. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
mightymarty2
post Oct 14 2011, 4:27 PM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

The problem is they cann't as they are tring to get bailout money, to stop them going bankrupt. Even though its unlikely to work.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
earth123
post Oct 15 2011, 12:28 AM
Post #26

A True Fairy

Although I left greek school when i was 9, , I can say that the general problem in Greek schools is the sense of competition, that is against. I mean, when I was in school overseas, we had a tedency to to compete for on getting higher grades, good-natured jokes and dating girls, if. In Greece today, most kids compete against on looks and fashion, machoness and on having the "specific" girl. This attitude owes to the sense of the society's conscience, that we must fight for what we believe. In that retrospect, you have no chance in trying to talk with youth for more than 30 seconds on an argument, and either they are prooved their argument wrong, they won't accept it. Why? Because, especially in schools, teachers lost all their power to maintain discipline by the introduction of the family committees. From then on, troublemakers, especially with parents on those committes, could not be punished examplenary, resulting into a spread of anarchy and abuse of power. And due to a questionable law which prohibits any law enforcement on education grounds, all hell broke lose. Being a nerd or geek was hard, now its dangerous. Due to the bullying and harrasing which can't be contained, or properly reported.

But really, is it the youth's fault? Seriously, what can a kid do when they have no-one to talk to. Not that all adults are to blame, but the society in general has a due. Given that most adults grew up in the poverty-sticken landscape of the 50's and 60's, and through endless work they made somthing of themselves, they took it into great concern that their kids would have all they were deprived of. That resulted into a greek youth that, in sense, by being offered material objects, like videogames, pocket money, trendy clothes, they were compensated for the lack of parental attention, due to the fact that parents didn't want their children to seem left behind the rest. Come by Greek schools, from primary, and you'll see, at least until recently, all the latest fashion trends on small kids. Seriously, why would a 7 year old need designer clothes? And by constantly giving all this effort to provide for their kids, they left out the simple need of family feeling. One can say that this sense of anarchy was a way to obtain the parent's attention, which still didn't listen. Instead, they went further out. Especially with boys, which Greek parents still consider the male chavism, a first grader normally knows already about his "second use" downstairs, and later on is encouraged by his home to have girlfriends and hook up. So, instead of letting the nature of hormones to the get the boy/girl thng started, its almost 'enforced' on the kids. And boys epsecially are started to be considered "men" not at 16 or 18, but by 10 or 12. And fine, matuarity can kick in early. Except in their case, its only a half-benefits-no-consequence thng, that they accept the benefits of "manhood" such as more pocket money and more freedom, but not the responsibilities that come with feeling older, such as thinking about their lives after home or such.

On the economy, all I can say is that, we ourselves are to blame. By voting for politicians for securing a son's or daughter's livehood in the public sector, we overburdened it so much, that not only overdebted it, we also made the bureacracy chaeotic, as well as useless, as so many qualified people were left out. By removing all sense of responsibility on striking, everyone considers their right to strike as theirs, scaring away foreign investement and business opportunities, that workers could strike anytime. Imagine being a shipowner and your vessel, on the least day of renovation, is heldback by the strikes, which happen continously. By keeping the marketshare of largelly contained to specific personal enterprises, which were set up with bad business planning, such as a restaurant with 100 tables in an area where most costumers would be 30, or a fashion shop on brands the girlfriend likes, development of new industries was stagnated. And instead on usefully investing all the extra money the goveremnt was handing out, which were EU aid supposedly for development, the people spent it on nightclubs and luxury materials, with the sense "live life today, cause you never know what tomorrow brings" as well as drive an edge of prestige against each other. Well the "tomorrow" finally came, and here we are. In the UK, tha Labour govt. almost fell due to some "excessive" expenses by members. Here, by the cuts and thefts, almost all major politicians are super rich. However,its not that we never knew about them. We always did. But, by handing us the "benefits" from one hand, and rousing nationalism and ethnic hatred on the other, thay managed to make us their "accomplishes" and remain silent, until they had nothing left to give. By taking advantge of our weakness in failing to accept the success of the person next to us, and wanting to be feel better than the rest, they managed to subdue us.

And, forget the crisis, forget the bailouts, until the society starts to feel and belive in a world of"WE" and not simply "ME", we'll never accomplish anything!

This post has been edited by earth123: Oct 15 2011, 12:38 AM

--------------------

SIKOSETO, TO TIMIMENO, THEN BORO, THEN BORO NA PERIMENO

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:54 PM