Add Reply
> Eversion, A fun little game, although not for children
MorriganAensland
post Jul 19 2009, 5:13 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

http://zarat.us/tra/offline-games/eversion.html

Found this yesterday and finished playing through it today. Eversion's a fun little platformer with an interesting secret... although it can be hard at points.

The game's fairly basic. There's a princess to save at the end of stage 7, gems to collect, and platforming to be done. You play as a little flower guy, who can "evert" or turn inside out reality to an extent. As you go through the various layers that the world exists on, there are some changes. The music becomes a little more sober, flowers start to wither, clouds become solid, etc. It also requires a lot of lateral thinking, since in order to unlock the Good Ending you need all 240 gems. Thankfully the game lets you know how many are in each level and it keeps track of how many you have gotten in each area.

The game also automatically saves your progress and gem count, so if you exit out of the game, you'll still have all your jewels and you don't have to start from the first stage again.

The game doesn't put much emphasis on combat, with your flower guy only able to jump, move left and right, and evert, but there aren't many enemies either. There's the usual "goomba" like enemies that just waddle back and forth, and then there's some guys later on that are essentially minor upgrades of that. The game's more about getting through the environment, which can be difficult at times due to the fact everting sometimes makes things dangerous for you, and yet at the same time has to be done so you can open up a path for yourself.

Anyways, you can beat it in about two or three hours and it really is fun. So give it a try!

IMPORTANT NOTE: I was not joking when I said it was not for children. I don't want to spoil anything, but it is definitely not for people to get freaked out easily or are jittery.

But aside from that, if you can get over the surprises Eversion throws you, then it's a great game and you should give it a try. ^_^

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Go to the top of the page
Asher Omega
post Jul 20 2009, 2:11 AM
Post #2

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

I'm so going to play this with pure ignorance going for me. I'm so going to be the Randolf Carter of this game.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
Another Morning
post Jul 20 2009, 6:45 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

*is jittery, scares easily* D: Damn and blast, I wanna play

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Ranma
post Mar 17 2010, 1:22 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Just played and beat it...and I got the good ending. I love happy endings ^_^

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 8:00 AM