2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> Pokemon, You know you love it.
Another Morning
post Jul 8 2009, 6:21 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

So in the mid to late 90's when the Pokemon craze just hit, I know that I was one of the millions of kids who was totally obsessed. Played the games, watched the anime, bought the cards and played the card game. Don't tell me I was the only one. Anybody else that used to love/is still a fan of Pokemon? I don't really watch the show or play the card game anymore, but I still like to keep up with the games, although I don't have Diamond or Pearl yet.

Let's see, I started out playing Red on an emulator on our computer, then I got a GameBoy Pocket with Pokemon Yellow for Christmas and my brother got Red and Blue, though my mom mostly played the Blue. My mom later bought Gold, and I got Silver for myself. Once Ruby and Sapphire hit, I got Ruby, but was really busy at the time so my mom stole it and started playing before I got a chance and then guilted me into letting her keep the file once I got more free time. I recently told her that it's my frigging game and I want to play, so I just started Ruby XD. Once we get a non-busted DS, I plan to get either Diamon or Pearl. Of course, being a young girl, my teams normally were comprised of whatever I could get that was the cutest or prettiest, but hey, I beat the Elite Four, so they must not have sucked.

Also, I found a website that has every episode of Pokemon ever, from first season up to now. Guess what I've been doing for the past few days?

I still know where about half my card collection, is, too, though at the peak of my obsession I had at least 600+ unique cards.

So spill. What is your history with Pokemon?

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page
humbu111
post Jul 8 2009, 6:25 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Zing
post Jul 8 2009, 2:29 PM
Post #3

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

AM: You most definitely were not the only one.

Let's see if I can remember correctly. -sits in comfy chair and adjusts spectacles-
I was very young, and I had this friend named Alex. Alex introduced me to Pokemon by yes, role playing. We went to the same day-care center and we would act out Pokemon, he would explain the concept to me as we went, and I believe he also gave me my first Pokemon card. Since I didn't and still don't have cable I couldn't watch Pokemon when new episode aired. However, I did get the episodes on VHS. I have fond memories in the TV room where I would pretend to be a Pokemon during the episode, and act like I was in the episode. There is also this little shop where I live that sells items from the far east, hence the name "Far East Items." It was in the display cabinet in front of the cashier that I would find huge stacks of Pokemon card packets. This is how my parents urged into getting good grades, if I got a good feedback report every week, my mom would take me to that shop and buy me two packets, I would pick according to what was on the cover. Eventually I got so many cards that I have a very good sized drawer filled with them, and all my Pokemon stuff, like the TCG set up poster, and the original Pokemon magazines where there are so many different adaptations of the same story xD Pokemon hit coins from the TCG, Pokemon card encyclopedia, Pokemon encyclopedia which I stayed up reading many a night, and there is also the light that I connected to my Gameboy Color so as to play late at night. There are many more things, but that I can go into some other time.
My first Gameboy came with my first game, which was Pokemon Yellow. I never played Red or Blue, I just had Yellow. Eventually I got Silver. Then Crystal, then Sapphire and Ruby, I think I got Sapphire and Ruby at the same time. Then finally FireRed and LeafGreen. I'm scared of the new Pokemon games since I am a supporter of the original 150, technically 152 icon_wink.gif I still play the games, and I also acquired Blue somewhere down the line. Plus I have mini action figures scattered around my room >:)
Finally, not really but it's the last big thing. I watched Pokemon! The First Movie so much when I was little, that I have it memorized. I know all the dialogue, and even -sigh-, the Pokemon sounds.

So that's Memoirs of Zing's Pokemon Life, that still very much exists xD
And I would also very much like that site of yours >:)

--------------------
P-girl
post Jul 8 2009, 2:31 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

I've been a fan from the early days, before it was popular. (Yes, once Pokémon was a cute little game, unknown what kind of havoc it would create.) until Ruby and Sapphire. My favorite Series is the Gold/Silver/Crystal ones. 252 Pokémon, sixteen badges (Eight new, and the eight old Gym Leaders) a day/night clock..... I miss them.
Asher Omega
post Jul 8 2009, 5:17 PM
Post #5

Butterflix Fairy

I, Asher Omega, Am a Pokemon fan. [/sarcasism]

Well technically I was, then faded out, then brought back into the fade by Diamond and Pearl (and I'm probably going to get Platinum).

Anywho, I got introduced to the pokemon TV series by waking up WAY TOO early started channel surfing and happened upon the early first season (you know when Ash had a deeper voice and sounded kinda gruff? at least for the american version?) so I decided to check about it and found that it was a game so I pleaded with my mom about it, and we worked stuff out so I got a Game Boy Color with Pokemon Red. stuff happened (which I'm still pissed about it), things got replaced. I did get Yellow, Gold, and Silver. I'm probably the only one who got the Pokemon comics (Pokemon Adventures and Pokemon: the electric Tale of Pikachu) which were (in retrospect) vastly better than the TV show (since things worked a lot better). I saw the first two movies, and then I moved and fell out of the pokemon craze. the card game started to look too much like MTG gatherings, the show felt like it was just going on for EVER. I never really had the money for Ruby/Sapphire (but some how, much later I picked up Emerald) so I kinda was meh about it. yea I admitted that I liked pokemon but everyone was constantly asking about the cards, nothing else.

so once Diamond and Pearl came about I was going just do what I did with Ruby and Sapphire, not get and move on. BUT a friend of mine let me look over his shoulder while he played his copy of Diamond and I was impressed. D&P Reinstated the Day/Night thing, which I too loved, added a lot more content for allowing people to trade OVERSEAS (which was completely awesome concept until people started demanding totally unfair trades) and by far it was an improvement over Ruby and Sapphire due to it going back to its roots. (it didn't have ELEVEN HM skills, it had about six). and in game there's a guy who will Allow you to relearn OLD FORGOTTEN MOVES! for a price of something of which I forgot, but they're easy to get so its not that bad. basically Diamond and Pearl are like if GSC and RSE were blended with all the good things and maybe a bit of the bad (mostly the stupid berry blending thing I can never understand that.)

however I'm still kinda reeling with the whole 450+ pokemon roster now. (and it jumps to about 500+ if you add in alternate forms too.)

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
Winx4eva!
post Jul 8 2009, 5:22 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Ohh! Pokemon!

Dang, I watched that long time ago. I used to love it.

--------------------

--- www.mishiiheart.blogspot.com ---
terriordx32
post Jul 8 2009, 5:34 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

my favorite was poke'mon blue..then i liked silver pokemon started to get *** and boring and repetitive[sp]. i watch the cartoon alot and after like a year it got boring. Pokemon was good when it first came out....now its crap and needs to end

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
mightymarty2
post Jul 8 2009, 6:04 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I like pokemon never got the latest due to lack of funds. I think the best game was crystal/gold where you could keep up with the pokemon and the moves now there are so many i never know what types they are or moves also i never understood why get rid of the orignals i hope there will be a ds one where you get everything.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
sweetmusa
post Jul 8 2009, 8:27 PM
Post #9

Sirenix Fairy

pokemon is cool,i have all the games stopping up at sapphire and ruby

--------------------

thanks Ditta for the set
an angel's smile will turn even tears into rainbows,
Another Morning
post Jul 8 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Zing, my friends got me into Pokemon too XD They had gotten ahold of some cards somehow, and I begged my parents for some. However, I was the only one of my friends I knew that actually played the card game, not just collected the cards...

I, too, am mostly a fan of the original 152, but I was open to the new ones from GSC. I got kind of overwhelmed with all the new additions from RSE and DPPt, but I'm getting used to it. Back in the day, I had each Pokemon from 1-152 memorized in order XD

Oh, yeah, at some point, my parents drove me and my brother about an hour because a mall was having a huge Pokemon event. If your brought your game, you could get a Mew, so my Silver game has a Mew, it's pretty awesome =3

And I miss the day/night aspect, too ;-; I mean, the time does effect events in RSE (mostly Pokemon evolutions), but I liked that it actually got dark...and I don't understand the berries/contest thing, either ><

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
humbu111
post Jul 8 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Another Morning
post Jul 8 2009, 11:14 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

I never even heard of it before o_o To Google! Away!

--------------------

humbu111
post Jul 8 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Another Morning
post Jul 8 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

According to the search I just did, they're totally revamping the site.

Also, the link for anybody who wants to watch the eps: http://pokemonepisode.org/

--------------------

melgirl1778
post Jul 9 2009, 7:35 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

I as obsessed, me and my brother had the game, - me gold, he had blue. and we traded and had mew and everything! NO i have diamond for my ds, though i dont like it as much as the original cause of all the new pokemon that i dont know...

--------------------

Made by Jah

Tom273
post Jul 12 2009, 4:44 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Banned

I watched Pokemon alot, i also played many of the games on gameboy consoles and on nintendo 64. I played some online pokemon games and stuff about a year ago, it was fun. My fav pokemon is propably Charmeleon and pikachu, also some other cool ones.

--------------------

Thank you Jah-Jah for the awesome new forum set ^^

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself"
Minun
post Sep 29 2009, 1:02 AM
Post #17

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

*pokes username*
RSE=MINUN
Oh yeah and GSC because silver is aweosme.

--------------------
I am Minun...and I approve Plusle is not very nice.
Fortress Guy
post Sep 29 2009, 1:14 AM
Post #18

Harmonix Fairy

The Pokemon TV show is a lot of fun. Especially the earlier seasons and first and second gen pokemon. Gary Oak was a great rival. Then there was Richie. Brock was great. Some of the earlier Jessie and James situations were interesting too. Like when James too on the super-heroic mantle of Moltres! Ha.

How about those wacky and out-of-nowhere entrances of jigglypuff that would just throw a wrench into everything. icon_wink.gif

Most of the games have not done much for me. I did not care for the GBA sapphire. Too many random encounters! AHhh! I enjoy the combat mechanics though, so I liked Pokemon Stadium for the N64.

And Umbreon is one of the very coolest.

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II
Another Morning
post Sep 29 2009, 4:20 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

I was more of an Espeon girl myself ;D But Umbreon was still cool!

--------------------

Jahnavi
post Sep 29 2009, 6:25 AM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

*puts in random two-cents'-worth* Espeon and Glaceon were my fave of Eevee's evolved forms.

Oh, and Raichu is under-appreciated, people.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 5:26 PM