Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Life? I'm lacking. Can I download some?
wkw427
post Jun 13 2009, 4:08 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

AKA I watched about 20 episodes of WITCH today. Today was the last day of school, and I just sat for about 10 hours watching it. So I might as well review it. Major spoilers, but I'll summarize.

Season 1 Review
Not alot to say, it is a tipical good vurses evil. The first thing period that irked me was that they accepted their powers and never once asked "why". I mean, WHY?!
Cedric and his goons getting beaten at each and every turn really started to get annoying, but the show didn't really feel like "villan of the week" so to say, just repeating.
The green dude was for comedy relief, and it was pretty good at it.
I disliked how Will got the power to open portals whenever, really overpowered them
I disliked how whenever some type of plot had to go forward, they introduced a new item with super powers. At first it was Elyon. Then it was a golden horn (which turned to dust but came back?!) then it was a green locator gem, and finally the super key that Will got. I mean, why not save the four hours the season takes by making a "Defeat Evil" button?!?

What I liked the most, every episode had plot. There weren't any fillers. Every one took on what the previous one had, and used it to the greatest potential.
Although every girl pretty much does the same thing, shoot fireballs, entangle with roots, spin them in the air and then make them wet, that gets old. I can't see how air and water can be used to fight in a war, but it seemed to work.

Finally, the BIGGEST irk I had with season 1, WHY CAN'T WILL USE ANY POWERS?! I mean, seriously she just opens and closes portals, flys around, and changes the girls. The only time I saw her use magic was in the first episode and the last episode, she made a shield. Doesn't she have power? Oh, no, at first she has "The Earth", then "The Heart", and finally "Quintessence", as said when she transforms. What, didn't the creators know what to do with her?

Phobos was an eloquent villain. Unlike others who just go "EVIL EVIL EVIL SEND MINION OUT I FIGHT WITH DEATHRAY OH NO YOU BLOCKED DEATH RAY I AM BEATEN" he has personality! I like his personality. It just looks like "I'm so evil and I look good at the same time"!

Every character had a fair amount of screen time, *except those who were heavly featured in season 2. I had to read wiki about Frost, the other dude and the rock monster. They had NO screentime!*

All in all, I felt the climax was around the time Elyon was captured, and after that the season declined

Season 2

This was epic. Will finally gets some power that does stuff. Life magic/lightning, it was used funny. At first she just made things alive and that was abandoned early on.
I disliked how they reused bad guys from season 1 that almost nobody would remember. At first, the only ones that I recognized were Sand Man (I refuse to call him Sand Pit because he isn't a pit and he looks like a man..) and the spider girl, they had SOME screen time. the others didn't
I like how they added backstory and went to other planets, but the infinite capital of the universe was wither just a floating building made out of clay, or "super powerful heart of the universe" is just over reacting.

Character development was great, and I liked how they used Narissa as a puppet master. I didn't like her "knights of destruction", but I really didn't see what would happen to Will's boyfriend.

I thought her getting together CHICKEN (the previous guardians) was cool, especially how she brought her friend back from the dead.
Although the "heart of Earth" in the one girl's sister was kind of cheesy, the PLOT TWIST where the evil dude who was Will's boyfriend coming back, WITH the power of Earth really made me "squee!" in real life. Seriously, I kid you not.

I also liked the way of getting the help of Phobos and his goonies. At first I thought it would be a battle of Good and Evil curses UberEvil, but no, EXPECTED plot twist. anyone who didn't see Phobos stealing the power is an idiot
although I didn't expect him to do it WHEN he did it!
And how he went power mad, making the notion of "Good looking evil" even better, I would of rather seen him wrecking Earth then the snake dude.

Who saw Cedric eating Phobos? I didn't. at all. I said "What the ****????" out loud... I kid you not, again.

Oh, and something that made it wintastic for me... Automatically.
THEY BUILD A FREAKING STARGATE! NOW STARGATE IS IN ALMSOT EVERY OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS! WINX AND WITCH! OMFG SERIOUSLY!!

The final battle was cheesy. The guardians turn into their element, saw it coming. Didn't see them being half-nude either. I would of kind of expected that they loose more of their humanity, being more in touch with their powers in normal form. Hell I even expected them to absorb their power orbs, but no, that would be too predictable.
I really liked the ending, too. It tied up loose ends, alot of them. I enjoyed seeing the dead girl reunited with her parents and two grandmothers.

All in all, WITCH is MUCH, much stronger plot wise then Winx has ever been. The main villain doesn't go "poof" with the end of the season, and AFIK, there aren't any plot holes.
Oh, and a Stargate

Oh, and why the HECK do the guardians grow two feet when they transform? Seriously, anyone know??

If this looks craxy, it is because I have been in front of a computer since about 12 noon to MIDNIGHT! YES 12 HOURS! SUCK IT! WOOHOOO

Now I need to enjoy my first night of summer icon_biggrin.gif

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
Bloomwinxmagic
post Jun 13 2009, 7:56 AM
Post #2

Butterflix Fairy

Oh, and something that made it wintastic for me... Automatically.
THEY BUILD A FREAKING STARGATE! NOW STARGATE IS IN ALMSOT EVERY OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS! WINX AND WITCH! OMFG SERIOUSLY!!

I never liked w.i.t.c.h, but now I LOVE it!, also opening song is awesome and I decided to make winx video with that song in future.

I'm on second season and it's better than 1st season! and my favourite episode is ,,H is for Hunted'' now I'm on ,,I is for Ilussion''

lucky! you've finished 2nd season I'm very interesed what happens next!

--------------------

sig is under construction, userbar by dragonfire :) Thanks!
P-girl
post Jun 13 2009, 8:19 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

W.I.T.C.H. (That's a pain to type, and I refuse to do it any other way.) is a good show, but something's lacking for me..... I think it's the drawing style. It's kinda generic if you ask me.......
mightymarty2
post Jun 13 2009, 10:39 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

i like it though i just have never got round tofinishing it as i only recently found out where i could watch season 2

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
wkw427
post Jun 13 2009, 2:32 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

The storyline blows out the bland drawing style out of the water, at least I think so

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
P-girl
post Jun 13 2009, 2:35 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Not for me, but then again, I'm a very visual person.
MorriganAensland
post Jun 13 2009, 10:09 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

I will agree that season 2 was better than season 1. They had the guy that did Gargoyles directing, and that helps.

But I really can't get too worked up over either of them. Yes, they're nice. But maybe it's the fact I'm a guy and prefer more Seinen or something in my magic girl series, which is why I prefer Nanoha and Pretty Cure.

Although this's convinced me to do a write-up for Nanoha sometime.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 4:11 PM