6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Add Reply
> Favorite Anime?
MorriganAensland
post Sep 4 2008, 2:50 PM
Post #101

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

What's with the hatred of Betterman? It's essentially flipping SoulTaker's Devilman-esque story with Evangelion psychology and having an Evangelion-esque story with Devilman psychology. And it's meant for mature audiences, and pretty much anything they mention without explaining is a scientific term you can easily look up on Wikipedia.

Don't know about anyone else here, but I'm gonna finish watching GaoGaiGar, watch Betterman, then watch GaoGaiGar FINAL, since they all take place in the same continuity. 'Cause that's just the person I am.

And anyone else who's watched SoulTaker, I advise you to follow it up with Nurse Witch Komugi-chan. Five (technically six) episodes which run on the belief that the cast from SoulTaker are actually all actors...

And Komugi's really a Magic Girl.

Essentially, it's Pretty Sammy meets Puni Puni Poemi.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Go to the top of the page
PinkSugar
post Sep 4 2008, 4:05 PM
Post #102

Enchantix Fairy

I haven't fallen inlove with an anime in a long time.

One of my old favorites is Sorcerer Hunters... I really enjoyed the storyline, art, and characters. I feel as though, at least in the anime, they left Gateau under-developed. I never got into the manga, so I can't speak for it there. Also, I think they did good at ending the TV series at 26 episodes so it didn't drag out way too long like some series. They also were able to transition from comedy to serious rather successfully.

I also like Ah! My Goddess. I don't know why, considering the genre is generally one I avoid, but I fell in love with it regardless. Admittedly, some of the characters have a tendency to get on my nerves- or rather, did when they first appeared (Skuld). Anyways, I like this series a lot.

Sailor Moon. In fact, I still enjoy going back and watching it from time to time. The same goes for Gravitation. I don't like it so much anymore, but I have a soft spot in my heart for it [the manga got weird towards the end, though, when the artist started REALLY digressing from the original plot/setting]

Witch Hunter Robin is good, but despite owning it, I haven't finished watching it yet.

Hmm, and Death Note, but I don't like Death Note's story too much. It gets kind of boring- I enjoyed the live action movies better. The characters, however, are AMAZING.

--------------------

signature by saruvi of AF // suiitsunohime is a name I go by on other boards
Riiana
post Sep 4 2008, 4:09 PM
Post #103

Cosmix Fairy

Hmm I kind of like all anime's...

Naruto
Card Captor Sakura
Chobits
Sailor Moon
Fruits Basket

And so on.

--------------------
Asher Omega
post Sep 4 2008, 8:51 PM
Post #104

Butterflix Fairy

Yahoo! another GitS fan! I just finished (re)watching Stand Alone Complex, waiting on Vuze to finish downloading 2nd Gig and Solid State Society. on the other fronts, since I never got to finish it Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, a very good series. I haven't started on Code Geass R2, well cause I wanted to re-watch GitS. as for the no-love-for-Betterman, most people who watched it watched as a single continuity, not known of its relation to GaoGaiGar so people really never got any of it. I just finished a rather well thought out series Kaiba, which I will say is for mature audiences only. now if I can find it Neuro might be interesting.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
MorriganAensland
post Sep 4 2008, 11:30 PM
Post #105

Cosmix Fairy

Kaiba's pretty surreal. It ALMOST beats SoulTaker, but SoulTaker's got all those weird stained-glass window sequences.

--------------------

DeadInside
post Sep 5 2008, 9:32 PM
Post #106

Sirenix Fairy

Im really Fan of all the Masamune Shirrow's stuff, or based on if thats the case...
I have a lot of GitS stuff like the full mangas ("Ghost in the shell", "Man Machine Interface" and "Human-Error Processor") but i also like Appleseed and Dominion.

BTW SoulTaker is kinda weird... i dont know if the people who made it was on drugs or what LOL... but its kinda cool when you figure it out whats going on.

--------------------
MorriganAensland
post Sep 5 2008, 10:21 PM
Post #107

Cosmix Fairy

SoulTaker was made by Tatsunoko Productions. The helped make Evangelion, which says anything.

They also made Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, a show about people who are neither ninjas nor scientists.

And after SoulTaker, like I said before... they took ST's characters and made...

This. (Warning: be prepared for blatant loliconning.)

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

The series just ruthlessly mocks Magic Girl anime, and SoulTaker, just by nature of using its characters. Komugi, like in SoulTaker, has a huge crush on Kyosuke, a popular Japanese idol. And she's a pop idol there too, working at Kirihara Productions, with Yui as her boss, Shiro as her manager, and working alongside Megumi, Asuka, and a three-year-old-yet-horribly-mature-and-psychotic-and-manipulative Runa... along with the original character Koyori.

Speaking of Gatchaman, there's a sequence in the second episode that turns the show essentially into a Gatchaman episode, complete with five Komugis acting as the Gatchaman team.

Oh, and Maya is the Goddess and queen of Vaccine Land, and technically Komugi's Magic Girl-boss... except she humerously has her eyes on Kyosuke too.

--------------------

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 4:14 PM