Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> D.gray-man Is Being Dubbed!, FUNimation takes on a new project!
LinneaKou
post Jun 10 2008, 12:31 AM
Post #1

Harmonix Fairy

Group: Members

If you go here you can preview FUNimation's dub of D.Gray-man, a totally awesome anime that's coming to the US! I'm so excited! I was hoping for DGM to be dubbed by VIZ at the least, but this is great! FUNimation dubbed Fullmetal Alchemist, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and One Piece as of recent (see this post), and as far as I can tell, they've done a good job with everything they've taken on! I'm so, SO, SO, SO SO stoked! *throws confetti and does happy-dance*

If you don't know what D.Gray-man is about, go to AnimeNewsNetwork.com and search it in the encyclopedia. It's reached up to 77 episodes and has about ten volumes in manga. It's a wicked-cool story!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIII-ALLEN!!!! *drools*

--------------------
Lii is on deviantART and Livejournal...

...still doesn't have a life
:P

~BORING SIGNATURE IS BORING~
Go to the top of the page
Ranma
post Jun 16 2008, 9:14 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

It's hard for me to get excited over dubbed anime. Only 2 or three anime's are actually better dubbed than subbed [dbz, golden boy, and trigun]
and there are only a hand full that are just as good [hellsing, full metal alchemist, Ranma 1/2, haruhi, yu yu hakusho]

I admit, FUNimation does have extremely good dubs, but I'm content with the original japanese.
My reason? There are many things lost in translation that have to be changed when dubbed.

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jun 18 2008, 7:36 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I enjoyed the dubbed version as I watch it on VeohTV

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 4:45 AM