Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Watching online - need HELP, Where to find episodes
Great Dragon
post Dec 6 2011, 5:30 AM
Post #1

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

I'm yet again faced with the problem that there is no easy way to watch the winx club series online. I can find season one in 4kids version (my favorite dub) on YouTube, but around Season 2 episode 10 I used to have to switch to Rai to finish all 4 seasons.

However, Tiny Dragon's site <http://winxcomics.livejournal.com/439733.html> has been under renovation for about a month now. Because of that I can no longer find ANY english versions of episodes past season 2 episode 11... icon_cry.gif

This is an obvious problem for anyone trying to rewatch the series, so I would encourage discussion of the issue. If anyone has advice, suggestions, or resolutions to my problem (other than purchasing DVDs or episodes through iTunes) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Go to the top of the page
wkw427
post Dec 6 2011, 1:46 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

If you're looking for the Rai dub, here http://magixclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5327

I'm reuploading them as necessary, starting with season 3.

I don't have any 4kids. I will never have any 4kids. I do not like 4kids

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Great Dragon
post Dec 6 2011, 4:31 PM
Post #3

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

QUOTE (wkw427 @ Dec 6 2011, 07:46 AM) *
If you're looking for the Rai dub, here http://magixclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5327

I'm reuploading them as necessary, starting with season 3.

I don't have any 4kids. I will never have any 4kids. I do not like 4kids

It seems like most people don't like the 4kids dub for some reason. blink.gif I admit the voice acting is a little cheesy at times, but it's a kids show, so that's to be expected. What I like more about the 4kids version over the Rai is that it gives the characters more distinct voices and personalities. With the Rai I find it harder to distinguish between the characters voices as many sound similar. Also, lots of the rai voices sound childish and fail to fit the characters, at lest in my opinion.

I don't wanna say that I hate the rai version; I don't. I mean it's obvioulsy more popular and more widely available. I imagine it probably appeals more to European audiences as well, but it's just not for me. However, to be able to watch the series online, you'll have to watch rai eventually - especially in the later seasons. I'm okay with doing that when necessary, but whenever I have the option, I'll always go with 4kids.
ZenithPrincess
post Dec 12 2011, 11:37 AM
Post #4

Earth Girl

Group: Members

QUOTE (Great Dragon @ Dec 6 2011, 11:31 AM) *

It seems like most people don't like the 4kids dub for some reason. blink.gif I admit the voice acting is a little cheesy at times, but it's a kids show, so that's to be expected. What I like more about the 4kids version over the Rai is that it gives the characters more distinct voices and personalities. With the Rai I find it harder to distinguish between the characters voices as many sound similar. Also, lots of the rai voices sound childish and fail to fit the characters, at lest in my opinion.

I don't wanna say that I hate the rai version; I don't. I mean it's obvioulsy more popular and more widely available. I imagine it probably appeals more to European audiences as well, but it's just not for me. However, to be able to watch the series online, you'll have to watch rai eventually - especially in the later seasons. I'm okay with doing that when necessary, but whenever I have the option, I'll always go with 4kids.

I used to like 4kids better, but when I started alternating on YouTube I began to resent it slightly. Now I just watch the RAI and pretend its 4kids voices in my head. I can do that sort of thing, you might not be able to. With the whole missing 'cigarette' and the fact that when Sky punched Riven in the stomach he didn't, they were really trying to make the show 'for kids'. The 4kids main uploader who had them all up to season 4 went offline...I'd say go to veoh or type it into google. I wish I lived in France or something, there wouldn't be two French versions...is there? Never mind.

-~-ZP

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:48 PM