Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> DVDs
cupcake12winx
post Apr 7 2011, 12:19 AM
Post #1

Pixie

Group: Members

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I have a quick question about the Italian DVDs. Do they come with an English version or audio track? Or subtitles? Also, are they region-locked to Europe?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Apr 7 2011, 7:51 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Well the DVD's are region locked, but they can be played by any DVD player that plays that regions DVD's, so unless you have a DVD player that plays european DVD's you cannot watch them, I think computers can have there region changed however I think it is limited as to how often you can do that. I am not sure about the sound track or english subs

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
GuardianOfEarth
post Apr 7 2011, 10:31 AM
Post #3

Believix Fairy

Well, I think the Turkish DVD has English audio. That's where BelieveinWinx got his clip, i think.
wkw427
post Apr 7 2011, 7:38 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

If you have a DVD, it is very easy to just extract the data and work from there.
Once you make a digital image of a dvd, software can hack in and take out the audio, video, and subtitles with ease. How do you think movies are online?

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Sen
post Apr 8 2011, 8:24 PM
Post #5

Butterflix Fairy

The Italian DVDs do not have English audio nor subtitles (as far as I know) and they're region 2. =)

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

Winx Club & Rainbow -- Translated articles: http://incantesimo.lareveuse.net/
cupcake12winx
post Apr 9 2011, 10:50 AM
Post #6

Pixie

Thanks guys. I'll just wait for Nick's DVDs, then.
wkw427
post Apr 10 2011, 2:28 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Well, you can download the episodes IN English from the DVDs in the rai thread. Though that is only for seasons 1-3, season 4 English dvds aren't out

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Tiny Dragon
post Apr 10 2011, 9:19 PM
Post #8

Mythix Fairy

Actually the first two seasons of the Italian DVDs do have the English version. That is how I got the Rai English for those seasons. And to by pass the Regional DVD issue just download Slysoft (AnyDVD) and it allows you to play whatever regional you want on your computer.

--------------------
wkw427
post Apr 10 2011, 9:57 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

^This
The English versions exist in dvd quality because they are on DVDs.. Where there is a will, there is a way

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

cupcake12winx
post Apr 11 2011, 5:12 AM
Post #10

Pixie

Ooh, that's good to hear. I have downloaded the episodes here, but I still want to buy them at some point.
Zentron
post Apr 18 2011, 6:26 PM
Post #11

Butterflix Fairy

Seems things need to be clarified a bit more!

There are two release versions of the first 3 seasons of Winx Club, the first two seasons were originally released by Mondo Home Entertainment, these two season releases contained both the Italian and English audio tracks, no subs though and are Region 2 only.

The third season is a little trickier, originally the third season this time was released by 01 Distribution and is the most readily available, though this release contained only the Italian audio track, however, a company called Tridimensional also released the third season, but as part of a Magazine give-away, though the sets can be purchased on places like eBay and a few other online retailers, the release from Tri, has both the Italian and English audio tracks, annoyingly (R2 again only soz), one of the episodes screen aspect ratio is severely messed up.

Recently, 01 Distribution and Tridimensional have re-released the first two season as a joint venture, this release of the first two seasons only has the Italian audio and should be avoided!

This post has been edited by Zentron: Apr 18 2011, 6:27 PM

--------------------

- My Winx Club dedicated forum. Wallpapers, images, games, Rai English episode D/L, etc.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 8:25 AM