Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rai Due Discussion

Peekers, read these posts at your own risk, don't blame the members, if you get spoiled.

Add Reply
> Cinelume no longer dubbing Winx, Your thoughts?
SpiderBraids
post Oct 4 2012, 3:15 PM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

Last month, the Una di Noi blog reported that Cinelume was no longer producing their English dub of Winx Club (the so-called "Rai English dub") as of season 5 due to the Nick deal, confirmed by no less than their voice for Flora, Holly Gauthier Frankel. Personally, I "grew up" with their version, and I had my fair share of issues dealing with the 4Kids fandom. While I do somewhat miss being able to watch the show on TV (where I live, Nick is on a higher cable package), I probably will not miss the confusion from having more than one dub. What are your opinions on this issue?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
Yayoi
post Oct 5 2012, 4:28 AM
Post #2

Mythix Fairy

I watched the Rai English for Season 2 and 3. I understand that they will not be dubbing because Nick will start at English for the Season 5 of Winx Club and the dubbing will be to Italian. But it still sucks because Nick and Rai have different opinions. Rai and 4Kids also had different opinions also. So, it'd be sad to see that an original is quitting, unlike 4Kids when they lost their rights.

--------------------

Credit goes to Di Zio for this awesome signature!
"Happiness is letting go of what you think life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is."
mightymarty2
post Oct 5 2012, 7:48 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

It does not surprise me as its not going to be cheap and its not necessary to have more than 1 version in the same language

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
dreamywinxgirl94
post Oct 5 2012, 8:26 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Wow, I'm surprised. =/ I know before they weren't going to have it since Nick is now the replacement of Rai-Eng.
But so many fans who grew up with Rai-Eng doesn't like the Nick version. I feel bad for them, but they have to get use to it since there's no Rai-Eng. =/

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

Abby
post Oct 16 2012, 3:54 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

It is sad being a loyal fan and all, but I think it is less confusing to just have one English version so it might be for the best. When I was younger and didn't know a lot about the whole winx universe, I would always get confused between the two english ones (4kids and cinelume) when watching them on the internet (that is before I fully got into the show).
Nebbia
post Oct 19 2012, 11:03 AM
Post #6

Charmix Fairy

i grew up with the 4kids version and so for me it was the opposite, watching the Rai dub was confusing at times. i remeber when 4kids stopped (at season 3) and i was so sad so i feel for those of you who will miss Rai's dubbing :c
hopefully Nick does a good job (so far so good). i think they're the inbetweener of Rai and 4kids in a way.
MusaCake
post Dec 5 2012, 11:57 PM
Post #7

A True Fairy

Rai doesn't have good voices. To me, they sound like they have no feeling to them. Nick has, and 4kids... Bloom just sounds forced.

--------------------
Believix in yourself <3
animefan32
post Jan 29 2013, 4:34 AM
Post #8

A True Fairy

Man long time i've been on here!! anyways i'm so upset rai won't be dubbing this anymore to me they were the best dubs, especially stella's voice she was the best one, nick is kinda growing on me but only because the 5th season's storyline but idk i'm gonig to miss the rai versions well at leat i got the old episodes

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 6:02 PM