Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Michael's Winx Club (probably) shutting down this month
SpiderBraids
post Jun 14 2019, 5:34 PM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

The imminent demise of a fansite normally wouldn't be newsworthy, but this one certainly warrants attention... Last week, after posting photos of the Rainbow licensing booth from the Vegas Licensing Expo, Michael's Winx Club (probably the most famous Winx fansite out there, and almost certainly oldest) also posted this important message at the top of its news page:

Michael's Winx Club started on June 25, 2004, which is 6 days after the very 1st episode premiered on the FoxBox in the USA.

That means this year it would have been online for 15 years!

I am at a crossroads on whether to continue, as it does take an extradorinary amount of time, money, resources, etc. that are greatly limited on my end. The web host service provider accounts expire this month, so there's a little time to decide, but not much.

Parts of the website are already down (mainly episode and promo screencaps) as those were hosted on the now-expired michaelsfavorites.com domain... I've been in touch with Michael about this issue, and it seems like he's decided not to continue icon_sad.gif

(Another sobering thought: This would be the third year in a row to see the shutdown of a major Winx fansite, after Winx Club LiveJournal in 2017, and Una Di Noi last year icon_confused.gif)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Jun 14 2019, 6:33 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Its such a shame he was so good with getting the Winx news and avoiding the dodgy rumours.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
SpiderBraids
post Jun 18 2019, 4:46 PM
Post #3

Bloomix Fairy

QUOTE (mightymarty2 @ Jun 15 2019, 1:33 AM) *
Its such a shame he was so good with getting the Winx news and avoiding the dodgy rumours.

It's already a big enough blow that we're losing one of the main trusted Anglophone news sources (he even wrote "Your Trusted News Source" right next to the link to the news page) but another thing is that Michael's site was one of the last active links to the 4Kids era, and featured plenty of rare and soon-to-be-if-not-already missing material (material he never allowed to be reposted elsewhere, I might add) icon_confused.gif

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Jul 8 2019, 4:49 PM
Post #4

Bloomix Fairy

Latest updates: A couple weeks ago (around 27 June), the news page content went down... and just checked a couple minutes ago, Michael's site is now 404'd icon_sad.gif

--------------------
bobyjhon132
post Aug 2 2020, 5:28 PM
Post #5

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

Made a whole account mostly just to say his site's still accessible on the Wayback Machine. It last pulled in January 2019 so it's at least fairly recent before it went 404 mellow.gif
Abby
post Jan 19 2021, 3:46 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

This is so sad, Michaels winx club was one of the very first websites that I would visit all the time to get my winx news and updates.

Fast ReplyAdd Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 3:49 PM