9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Add Reply
> The Secret World
Ranma
post Sep 13 2019, 8:45 PM
Post #101

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

The word for the feature is escaping me right now. But the ones that let you choose what your weapon power effects. Offense, healing, or survivability.
It kind of keeps you from having to grind for new pieces of gear if you want to try out a new build.
BTW, what are scenario keys used for? I imagine "scenarios" but what are they? Are they something new?

Just finished the Hell and Bach quest. Had fun with that one too.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Sep 15 2019, 7:43 AM
Post #102

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Ah, Anima Allocation!
That's probably one of the most interesting new concepts in SWL. I admit I don't really use it that much but I appreciate what they're doing with it.

Scenarios themselves are not new. Remember that thing you had to do at Venice? Well, that returns and there's now a new version that's Wave based. Kind of like a survival/point defence mode. Once you're done with them you get a chest, just like in dungeons.

I do those quite a lot since they can be done as single player. Also really handy to get in your kill counts for the day.
Ranma
post Sep 19 2019, 5:12 PM
Post #103

Cosmix Fairy

Oh so it's the thing from Venice! That's cool! I used to have fun doing those!
I enjoy the dungeons and I usually build tank. I was a bit disappointed to find that the sword is no longer viable as a tank weapon. I was doubly disappointed to find that to use the sword's chi ability you need to sacrifice an ability slot. I've been leveling up my wife's character because she can't handle zombies. So i'm trying to get her out of the starter areas (which is a shame because in my opinion it's the best crafted area in the game)

She started out with a hammer and sword, so I've been using her sword that way. I'm currently using Chaos and Hammer. With the chaos as my primary. I appreciate that Tenchi and I have been able to pretty much 2 man run all the dungeons thus far since we can't find any groups right now.

I know you solo play, but do you know if it's easier to find groups at level 50? It's a shame more people don't play this amazing game.

I spent, like, 2 hours going through my wardrobe the other day. I appreciate that you can buy clothes with marks of favor, but I wish you could use the anima shards as well. I wish there wasn't such a cap on marks of favor every day. It wouldn't be so bad but almost everything costs at least 3000 or more, and you only seem to make about 10K a day...

Tenchi and I have been taking our time with the story. We just finished the academy quests and headed towards blue mountain.

--------------------
Ranma
post Sep 19 2019, 5:20 PM
Post #104

Cosmix Fairy

On a side note. I'm so glad my clothes carried over. Playing on my wife's account it's not nearly as easy to get clothes because I'd rather use my MoF on item slots and sprint speed right now.

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 19 2019, 9:39 PM
Post #105

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, the Cosmetic transfer's a godsend. I'm one of those people who spends far too much on digital clothes and if those didn't carry over... I probably would've quit out of sheer heartbreak.
Ranma
post Sep 20 2019, 1:46 AM
Post #106

Cosmix Fairy

Same! I like that you can buy all the outfits at the dressing room. But I'm a little sad that they no longer have individual drops now. It was nice going to London to buy suits XD

If we've already spoken about this sorry for bringing it up again, but how do you feel about the item upgrade system. I kind of miss the old crafting system. In my opinion it was less grindy and easier to get the items I wanted. But the new system, which isn't bad really, is really grindy, and takes the base currency to keep using.

Also, I noticed I have a couple weapon skins. Do I get those automatically when I get a new weapon that uses that skin? Or are those mission rewards I'm not aware of?

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 20 2019, 6:28 AM
Post #107

Cosmix Fairy

I don't really have an issue with the upgrade system. Like, I recognize it's grindy as heck but I never really minded. I take grind over something I never quite got the hang off. (I remember being rather confuddled by the old system. That might just be me. I'm bad with numbers.)

Yeah, if you equip a weapon (Or use it as a Fusion Material) the skin is yours.
Ranma
post Sep 20 2019, 6:25 PM
Post #108

Cosmix Fairy

Awesome! I like that a lot. In the original Secret World I had an awesome hell blade skin, but to get it I had to use the crating system, break a hell sword to turn it into a skin, and then apply it to the sword that I actually used. Glad it's a skin/outfit in the dressing room now.

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 20 2019, 7:15 PM
Post #109

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, weapon skins were a bit antsy. I vastly prefer this kind.
I'm personally partial to the Plasma-Forged set. Especially the hammer which has, like, a longer staff so it's almost anime large. (Hammers are my fave weapon.)
Ranma
post Sep 20 2019, 7:50 PM
Post #110

Cosmix Fairy

I love the hammer abilities but I've always been partial to the aesthetic of swords. I loved my old chaos/sword build. But my current tank build in chaos/hammer.
On my wife's account she's using sword/hammer. It's a solid weapon for both tanking and dps.

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 20 2019, 9:19 PM
Post #111

Cosmix Fairy

I have the same combo as your wife. Though I focus more on hammer abilities.

As for magic, I'm all about the Blood Magic. Especially now that they've improved animations and it looks WICKED.
Ranma
post Sep 21 2019, 1:16 AM
Post #112

Cosmix Fairy

I LOVE the way blood magic works now. On my alternate character (Still only lvl 2) I made her Illuminati, and she uses blood/fists. I kind of wanted to go for a build that could heal. Again, Blood magic looks freaking awesome now! I also really like elementalism now as well. They really improved the magic ability aesthetics. I'm a bit surprised though, that they still kept chaos as a close range magic style. I mean, it is technically magic XD

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 21 2019, 6:57 AM
Post #113

Cosmix Fairy

I like that there's a close range Magic style, myself. Keeps it varied.
Elementalism also got a huge upgrade, yeah. I especially like the fact that once you're overheated, you're literally smoking hot.
Ranma
post Sep 22 2019, 1:39 AM
Post #114

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, and blood magic you need to make sure you aren't killing yourself XD

--------------------
Ranma
post Sep 22 2019, 1:49 AM
Post #115

Cosmix Fairy

are aux weapons in the game yet?
Also, too my understanding ALL the dlc is in the game now. So, will we still be able to unlock the whip from the Last Train to Cairo quest?
Are the dlc outfits unlockable in the game now? Or do you have to pay for them?
I have most of them anyway, but Tenchi was never able to get the dlc so this is all new content for him.

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 22 2019, 6:44 AM
Post #116

Cosmix Fairy

Aux aren't in the game, sorry.
(Well, one is, sorta. But that's kind of a spoiler)
I admit I have no idea if the CE edition clothes are available if you didn't transfer them over like I did... With the DLC now being free they mostly mean the missions. Which are indeed totally free.
Ranma
post Sep 24 2019, 1:31 AM
Post #117

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, I'm so glad I was able to transfer my clothing and everything. I still have tons of clothing options and can mix and match if I so choose. Tenchi is the same, he still has all of his outfits. But on my wife's account I find it hard to put together a lot of good outfits because it appears that most of the outfits take the premium currency to buy.

I wish there was a way to filter it by currency types required in the shop so I could just see what I can buy with marks of favor and what takes arum.

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 24 2019, 6:28 AM
Post #118

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, searching for clothes can be a bit difficult. I had to make my own spreadsheet to get things in order.
Ranma
post Sep 24 2019, 5:09 PM
Post #119

Cosmix Fairy

... I need a spreadsheet XD

Also, Moons of Madness comes out this Halloween. Tempted to stay up all night and make a lets play for it XD

--------------------
Ranma
post Oct 2 2019, 10:58 AM
Post #120

Cosmix Fairy

Lol, I'm level 36 and still in Blue Mountain. I've been trying to complete all the achievements as I play. The Floor is Lava is hilarious.

--------------------

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:35 AM