Add Reply
> The Secret World
P-girl
post Mar 20 2018, 1:51 PM
Post #41

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Yeah!
I een dig Call of the Nameless. (From what I can gather that one's the least liked.), mainly because it focusses on the Djinn and their Lore, one of my favorite species. (And Amir is one of my favorite characters.)
Go to the top of the page
Ranma
post May 30 2018, 1:27 AM
Post #42

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Amir is awesome!

--------------------
P-girl
post May 30 2018, 7:17 AM
Post #43

Cosmix Fairy

I know, right.
I'm tickled pink you can get him as an Agent now. Probably the closest we'll get to Party Members.
Once I get him.
Ranma
post Jun 6 2018, 9:29 PM
Post #44

Cosmix Fairy

I really need to get into secret world legends. I just haven't had the will power to restart with this new combat system. I really liked the ability wheel, and though I have all weapons unlocked because I owned the original game. I feel bad for people who just now get into it and have to pay to unlock all the weapons.

--------------------
P-girl
post Jun 8 2018, 8:20 AM
Post #45

Cosmix Fairy

Not exactly. It's paid for with Marks of Favor wich you earn with Daily Challenges. In fact, the first few weapon unlocks are fairly cheap. (The prices increase with each unlock.)
In fact, most of Secret World Legends works on more of a 'Pay-or-grind' model with it's Aurum/Marks of Favor trade system.
That said, I'll let you decide if that's a good or a bad thing. I'm aware that I'm a strange person in that I don't mind grinding as much as most. Not to mention that I'm a grand master which gives me all the perks of being a patron for free. That clouds judgement as well.
Ranma
post Jun 10 2018, 4:42 AM
Post #46

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, I don't mind grinding either. That's why I love warframe so much XD.
Quick question, I might have overlooked it, but I noticed there wasn't a passive to produce more or less threat like the ability wheel had. How do tanks keep aggro? Do certain abilities just produce more threat now?
I've been tempted to get back into it, so I'll probably log in after a week or so. I've been playing Vampyr, and it makes me wish they'd remake Vampire the Masquerade really badly!

This post has been edited by Ranma: Jun 10 2018, 4:45 AM

--------------------
P-girl
post Jun 10 2018, 9:22 AM
Post #47

Cosmix Fairy

I know by experience some abilities do produce more aggro, mostly in the Chaos magic abilities. That said I have not gone into depth with this so I can't say for sure. I mostly know this because I've accidentally pulled aggro during a dungeon run with my Chaos/Pistol deck and got kindly reprimanded for it.

That said, if you want to get back into things, now's the time. We're close to the anniversary Event and it's already been teased. (Balloons! Also a Custodian Dog pet.... I have strange priorities.)
Ranma
post Jun 10 2018, 2:36 PM
Post #48

Cosmix Fairy

You have no idea how hard I worked to g et all the glowy eye colors XD
For tanking I run a chaos and sword build.

--------------------
P-girl
post Jun 11 2018, 11:42 AM
Post #49

Cosmix Fairy

I have several characters with different builds. That said I don't really do Dungeons.
My main's a Hammer/Sword DPS.
P-girl
post Jun 15 2018, 5:00 PM
Post #50

Cosmix Fairy

Aaaaand, we have a clear date!

The tweet that it was attached to also mentioned Hephaestus. Wonder if that means something...
Ranma
post Jun 15 2018, 6:08 PM
Post #51

Cosmix Fairy

Interesting.
Also, I LOVE running the dungeons. In fact, out of every MMO I've played, I'd say the dungeons in TSW are the most fun I've played. They don't force you to fight mobs upon mobs of trash. There's usually a boss, one or two mobs, boss, one mob, boss, boss, mob, boss. Doesn't take long to get to the next fight. I absolutely love the boss fights in this game. Especially in the first dungeon, Polaris.
Probably going to get back into secret world Legends again very soon. I'll have to get your ID then so we can play together.
The only problem with Hammer/Sword dps for dungeons is if you're doing Nightmare mode. Usually getting that close to the boss as dps = insta-death XD

This post has been edited by Ranma: Jun 15 2018, 6:51 PM

--------------------
P-girl
post Jun 15 2018, 8:05 PM
Post #52

Cosmix Fairy

About that.... Legends doesn't have Nightmare Mode any more.
There's Story Mode and a tiered 'Elite' Mode with like, ten tiers.
It's.... controversial to say the least.
That's all I can really say as, besides Story Mode, I don't really Dungeon Run. (That said, I agree that most are fun. Just not my thing.)
Ranma
post Jun 16 2018, 3:06 AM
Post #53

Cosmix Fairy

I think the reason I like it so much is because of the team work aspect. In most MMO's you can just tank and spank every boss. But in TSW you actually have to work as a team and employ different tactics to get the job done.

--------------------
P-girl
post Jun 16 2018, 11:42 AM
Post #54

Cosmix Fairy

I admit I don't really have a point of reference. I do like the stories being told, especially in Transylvania.
Ranma
post Jun 17 2018, 8:17 PM
Post #55

Cosmix Fairy

I loved every major story line in the game. I especially enjoyed Egypt. Transylvania had an interesting take on the Dracula story though. I REALLY enjoyed, and played through both Last Train to Cairo and A Dream to Kill multiple times.

--------------------
P-girl
post Jun 18 2018, 7:22 AM
Post #56

Cosmix Fairy

I love the main story, too.
I also really like Faction Specific Storylines, especially Templars.
Ranma
post Jun 20 2018, 6:43 PM
Post #57

Cosmix Fairy

I made an account for each faction in the original Secret World. I'm a Templar all the way. They're the closest to my ideology. Modern day knights.
I just reinstalled the game last night. It's going to take a bit to get used to the new combat. I noticed that I can only use the base ability of a weapon if I have it equipped to primary. How do I charge a weapon without being able to use the base ability. Does it fill on it's own now?

--------------------
P-girl
post Jun 21 2018, 10:48 AM
Post #58

Cosmix Fairy

It works in reverse, actually. You get full energy at the start which depletes with certain moves (Bigger moves deplete more. Basic (? I tend to mix terms) abilities don't deplete.) but also gradually restores during combat.
I personally find it very intuitive but then again I've been using it since early Alpha. (I was one of the lucky ones to get picked.)
Also, just in time for the anniversary! We've got Pinatas and big bosses on the hour in Agartha and some other things but those are more along the lines of the summoning puzzle bosses so people are still figuring things out.
I'm personally just happy that with this update we finally, FINALLY get the Deck Uniforms back. (If you've earned them in the old game and did the Legacy Transfer). That has been my wish since the start and I'm so happy. (Most of my avatars run around in Deck Uniforms. They're my fave outfits.)

This post has been edited by P-girl: Jun 21 2018, 10:51 AM
Ranma
post Jun 21 2018, 5:26 PM
Post #59

Cosmix Fairy

I was actually surprised when I logged on and saw them the other day. I didn't play, I just wanted to make sure I still knew my login and everything. I was so excited. I just need my paladin uniform back. But I'll probably get that automatically progressing through the templar story like in the original. I agree, while I usually ran around in a pinstripe suit, I loved the deck uniforms. Sometimes I'd change my uniform or outfit depending on my role. If I was tanking a fight in Polaris I'd switch to the priest deck outfit. If was Dps'ing I'd switch to the the Paladin.
I also bought a few outfits too. I had the buzz outfit, and a few others I thought looked pretty cool.
I remember when they had the contest to for fans to make outfits. I loved the entry that won, but it was later disqualified because the winner was related to someone that worked at the company. I would have bought that outfit day 1.
Also, I got my pinstripe suit pants back. For some reason those weren't included when the game first released. XD

--------------------
Ranma
post Jun 21 2018, 5:32 PM
Post #60

Cosmix Fairy

I was planning on trying to bring the vampire the masquerade rp back up. I was looking through our character sheets and found it hilarious that we both used our Secret World characters XD

--------------------

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:41 AM