Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Losing Weight?, hmm :/ yeah...
Vaughanh7
post Aug 22 2012, 5:24 PM
Post #1

Believix Fairy

Group: Members

So, I'm not Obese, nor what most people consider 'fat' but I'm still chubby, and I don't want to be.
I've tried everything!
I stick to a strict diet, no junk food, I have three meals a day, and I keep away from anything too fattening. (but treat myself to a cake, or chocolate on Saturday's)
I have an exercise routine. I walk miles and miles almost every day, if I don't do that I do two hours of personal exercise at home. Either dancing, or doing work outs with the help of my programmes I've recorded on the fitness channel.

So what am I doing wrong? I don't seem to change at all! :/

I'm thinking of bringing it down to one big meal a day and a light breakfast. Would that help do you think?

So I'm turning to the last resort and asking the internet :3 of course all google tells me is stuff like the Acai diet...which is a con. So if anyone could help, I'd be extremely thankful :)

This post has been edited by Vaughanh7: Aug 22 2012, 5:25 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
bloom_daphne
post Aug 23 2012, 4:00 AM
Post #2

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I'm not an MD or dietitian, but I think reducing your caloric input is a bad idea...
Your exercises are primarily cardio (walking, dancing), and that's a great way to stay healthy; but you need to mix it up a bit. Try weightlifting, that will help with burning fat. Many people think of those huge wrestlers with the muscles when they think of weightlifting, but that couldn't be farther from the truth.

In short, cardio helps you improve your heart rate, but weightlifting makes your body stronger and more adept at doing the exercises the next time around.

Of course, doing the same exercises shortly becomes no challenge as your body becomes accustomed to it. Try something new! :)

Losing weight is not easy and it can be frustrating. At any rate, make sure you're having fun. Personally, I enjoy hiking and found it somewhat easy to lose weight because I was having fun! Rock climbing is challenging and enjoyable as well. Skating? Ditto.

Good luck! :) You can do it!
Abby
post Aug 24 2012, 4:31 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I try to do different things every day. Like one day go to the gym and do cardio but the next just take a bike ride to the library or somewhere to break things up a bit.
dittadulla
post Aug 24 2012, 2:43 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Please don't reduce your meals, that's the worst thing you could possibly do! You'll actually gain weight if you decide on a few big meals a day. The key is to have a LOT of small and healthy meals, like 6-7. A big breakfast, a small healthy snack (a fruit or yogurt), lunch, about two snack meals, dinner and something in the evening.

The rule is that you should always eat at least something every 2-3 hours, so your body has the energy to burn these calories!! You're right in treating yourself to something on saturdays, it's actually encouraged.

The key to losing weight is just to size down the portions, not skip meals. I don't remember the exact numbers but you need like X much calories a day to keep your weight (just google it), and if you want to lose it you just eat a bit less than that (but within safe limits, of course!)

I was with a personal trainer for like two months and that's what he told us, so it's actually coming straight from a certified and educated trainer and not just some person on the internet you don't know o:

Don't worry if you see no results right away! The good things happen slowly, and it may help to take a picture of yourself and then another one a few weeks later to see results, because you could easily miss it otherwise. And please keep in mind that the slower you lose weight, better chances are it'll stay off, because some people make the mistakes of dieting too strictly and exercising too much and see really big changes really fast, only to eat it all back in half the amount of time once they "quit" the program.

Please don't take me as like a super athlete or dietitian, I don't really follow these rules myself because I'm a lazy bum o: The whole point of my getting a personal trainer with my friends was just to get in better shape and get healthier, and it felt very good!

Mixing up cardio and weightlifting is also pretty important, because with cardio you're burning fat and increasing your endurance, but weightlifting trains up your muscles and strength.

sorry for the essay answer but just remember that you should enjoy it because you'll accomplish more if you're having fun right

--------------------
dixie6
post Sep 9 2012, 11:04 PM
Post #5

Enchantix Fairy

We are doing a awesome eating plan called Paleo. This eating plan helps you cut out all carbs, sugar, and dairy. I have lost weight on this and I find that when I start eating different I feel terrible and my weight goes up. If you'd like to talk about it more just pm me. Hope this helps! :) Also, Ditty your ideas are awesome.

This post has been edited by dixie6: Sep 9 2012, 11:05 PM

--------------------
DIXIE6- Dog foster mother, ballet and violin enthusiast, and Winx Club, Huntik, and Lord of the Rings lover!

Nebbia
post Sep 17 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #6

Charmix Fairy

im probably late in replying but on top of all the lovely advice everyones already given something ive learnt with losing weight is that there comes a time when your body puts on muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat so you may have weeks where you see no improvment, its not that your not losing weight and that your life style changes arent doing the trick but more so that your body is changing on the inside.
also remember never to weigh yourself during and about 5 days before and after your menstrual cycle, as females our bodies retain water and bloat easier, making our weight fluctuate (and usually youll notice youll be +/- 2-3kgs heavier during.

dont give up though!! it takes time but you will see resutls!

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 6:43 AM