Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Advice on how to make & save money
Emi
post Mar 16 2012, 7:29 PM
Post #1

Pixie

Group: Members

I figured since -some- of the users here may be in their teens & above, I figured a problem will come across at one point to do with money. So, here is a topic where you can share ideas on how to save & make money!

Making Money:
- Try selling items online. If you have old toys and they are desirable among collectors (like me, I collect Bratz dolls), then take a snap of them & list them on eBay as an auction. If they are in good enough condition, then they should sell no problem, especially if they are a limited edition version of the toy. If you get into it, make sure to visit garage sales, car boots & charity shops, where you can find some toys that you know are worth more & you can sale them for a higher price online.

- Sell old unwanted clothes at a car boot sale. Usually, these sell easy if they are clean & not torn/ruined. Just be careful, at a car boot sale people tend to try and banter with you until they get it to a price they are willing to pay. You can also sell old video games & books here, as well as jewellery & anything else you feel could be used again & you could still get a reasonable price for. If you like, you could try your luck with eBay & other online sites if they are brand names (Topshop is one that tends to do well, for example).

- If you have nothing to sell, then get yourself a job. If you are not old enough to work yet, then you can do paper rounds, leaflet deliveries, dog walking or maybe just doing simple chores around your & family members homes. If you are struggling to get work, go and work voluntary once a week. It shows you are willing to work so badly that you will work for nothing, gives you the goodness of doing things for good causes & gains you work experience, which looks great to employers.

Note: If you know something isn't worth selling, and you know for a fact it won't - hand it in at a local donation store/charity store. They will find good use of it some how.

Saving Money:
- When you go out with friends, limit yourself to an amount of money you can take with you. I limit myself to £10 unless I know I am really going to need money (such as going shopping, out for a meal etc).

- If you think going to the mall will involve simply buying endless amounts off snacks & drink (whenever I go to the mall just to hang out, me & my friends wind up wasting a lot of money on food and drinks), eat before you go & take a drink with you. This will save you from paying ridiculous fast food prices - plus help you avoid the nasty, long ques!

- Budget your limit of spending a month. If you receive pocket money, split it so you save one half but you are allowed to save the other. If you get wages, do the same. Or just save all of it.

- If you go clothes shopping, look around charity shops first. You can sometimes find exactly what you want there for a fraction of the price - plus, you don't have to over pay for a brand-name jumper when you just got yourself a vintage, one of a kind one for a bargain!

Anyone else got any tips on saving & making money? Post em' below! icon_smile.gif

--------------------

If you would like me to make something for you, just ask
Go to the top of the page
Abby
post Mar 17 2012, 12:25 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

If your old enough the best way to save money is to get a bank account. It helps me to save because mine is split into a checking and savings account and half of my paycheck goes directly into my savings (which is what I save for school or just the future) and it makes it seem like I don't really have that money to spend at all.

And then of course only buy stuff that you really need, and reward yourself rarely with stuff that you don't necessarily need in order to not waste money on random things.
Kaylin
post Mar 17 2012, 7:16 AM
Post #3

Believix Fairy

Group: Members

Thanks for the great tips, girls! icon_biggrin.gif

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 5:24 AM