Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Chatting problem
P-girl
post Sep 21 2010, 9:15 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

As many of you might know, or at least suspect, I don't like chatting. Instant Messaging, shoutboxes, chatrooms. I don't like these type of things. But here are these people pestering me to do so. I already said to them that the reason is a personal bad experience (Which is true. I'd rather not elaborate), but yet they keep going. Not to mention they totally misinterpret my dislike as me just being shy.
'Oh, but we're nice, why don't you join?'
'Oh come on, join, ya spoilsport.' (Not literally, but you can feel this is what they think.
What should I do? I don't want to come off as rude, but I want them to shut up and accept that I don't use these things for communication. I don't want to chat. Is this really so weird?
Go to the top of the page
CyberZero
post Sep 22 2010, 1:03 AM
Post #2

Charmix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (P-girl @ Sep 21 2010, 05:15 PM) *
As many of you might know, or at least suspect, I don't like chatting. Instant Messaging, shoutboxes, chatrooms. I don't like these type of things. But here are these people pestering me to do so. I already said to them that the reason is a personal bad experience (Which is true. I'd rather not elaborate), but yet they keep going. Not to mention they totally misinterpret my dislike as me just being shy.
'Oh, but we're nice, why don't you join?'
'Oh come on, join, ya spoilsport.' (Not literally, but you can feel this is what they think.
What should I do? I don't want to come off as rude, but I want them to shut up and accept that I don't use these
things for communication. I don't want to chat. Is this really so weird?

If you are being pestered that badly, block them of you can. If not, ignore them. If they really persist and you pushed to the brink, calm down if you feel irritated and be assertive on your decision.

--------------------
Yeah, I play the sniper in Monday Night Combat. (I'm apparently hated for being cheap at times) ^.^
Kel03
post Sep 22 2010, 4:55 AM
Post #3

Enchantix Fairy

I can certainly understand why you would shy away from using the shoutbox, instant messaging and such (by the way I couldn't think of a better word to describe it lol). Personally I do use them only because my friends happen to live on the opposite side of the city and we work full time so it's great for my friends and I, but I'm not bothered if one of my other friends doesn't chat or anything like that since I know it's not their thing. All I can suggest is to just keep explaining politely "thanks, but no thanks" and hope they give up soon. I'm not all that fond of instant messaging and things like that myself because it's too hard to edit or take something back once you've typed it, at least with email and posts on the forum you can edit it before sending or posting lol
Anime Princess
post Sep 22 2010, 5:19 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

well p-girl if i was under that sitch i would tell them all to back off it's my life and i dont have to use or do something i dont want to.

--------------------

Sorry i just think its better off this way

mightymarty2
post Sep 22 2010, 6:44 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Well it seems to me that your options are you can try and block them and/or ignore them. As explaining does not seem to work, unless its a new person asking then explain in as much or little detail as you want

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Jahnavi
post Sep 22 2010, 3:23 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Politely decline once. If they ask again, elaborate a little, like with what you just posted here. If they keep pestering you, just flat-out ignore them.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Fortress Guy
post Sep 23 2010, 1:23 AM
Post #7

Harmonix Fairy

If someone very much wants to chat with you, if it is that important to them, they should respect your communication preferences. Being a friend, they should do so more than a stranger. We all need to give each other a break. Other forms of communication may not be as convenient, but they are still good and in some ways superior.

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II
Hanna
post Sep 24 2010, 2:13 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

this reminds me of my lack of roleplaying interest, people say you should join its fun but i get bored i'm more of a videogame person than roleplayer yet people always pester me about it XD so my opinion is decline from the messengers and tell them we are all different, block or ignore them also you can tell them they can't assume you will like what they like since nobody is the same (of course say it nicely if possible).

--------------------

“You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.”
Forum set by Fa Fa thanks alot ^^
terriordx32
post Sep 24 2010, 2:16 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Wow Pgirl, i never really saw you as a person who would be asking advice about something like this. I thought you knew how to handle these kind of problems. If they are your friends, then they should understand, if they arent then ignore them. Simple as that.

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
winxclub-joy
post Oct 18 2010, 1:45 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

I think it's the best for you not to talk to them... the more you talk the more they kinda felt offended? This is what internet people are nowdays.

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 6:29 AM