Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> I live in fear when joining new online communities, I’m worried for my own safety
Interactive poll of the day (note: poll for 2022.02.06): SOUND OFF
Should I be worried about my safety when joining a new website?
Yes [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
No [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Some other opinion in the comments below [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Should I be banned from one website over views/opinions voiced elsewhere?
Yes [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
No [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Should my choices in who i love be criminalized on the net just like they are in the real world?
Yes [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
No [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 0
Guests cannot vote 
WXLM_Tecna717
post Feb 6 2022, 6:11 PM
Post #1

Charmix Fairy

Group: Members

Greetings everyone:

There was an event sometime either last year or two years ago that recently has me in fear for my safety when joining any sort of online forum or other community. The short version follows:

Let’s just say for all intents and purposes that I have certain controversial views on certain topics. I joined a forum for people with a medical condition similar to mine and within two days I wind up getting banned because of those controversial views which were never mentioned there but rather on another site completely unrelated to the first and the administration still found them and decided to make them Ban-worthy.

Come to find out the controversial views nobody seemed to accept over on the site that banned me were my opinions of the people I love. Well I’m not necessarily going to get into which groups of people I love for fear of retaliation from the administration here or in case someone in the future were to find this post, let’s just say that most parents if they found out would not be too happy with me or if they found out that there kids were attracted to the same people I like they would not be happy with their kids.

So now, given the nature of these views and the horrible reaction I got from one website who really should’ve been none of their business. I feel as if I can’t join any website at all without those views coming to light and then me getting banned. This is why I’ve stopped using certain user names (or username formats) with new registrations, this is why I don’t say much about who I am in my introductions and try to keep what information I share limited and very vague. This is why in all places where I should be able to feel safe I don’t feel safe on the Internet.

What do you think: should I have been banned for postings on another website? Should I constantly live in fear because of my views and similar? Should I just give up on trying to find a community on the net without worrying? Sound off at the comments below

This post has been edited by WXLM_Tecna717: Feb 6 2022, 6:17 PM
Go to the top of the page

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 3:03 AM