Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Scars
Teh_Exorcist
post Aug 18 2010, 2:43 AM
Post #1

A True Fairy

Group: Members

I have two really obvious and disgusting scars near the elbow on my left arm. Since I got them two years ago, they've continued to grow more and more visible. I've done everything, I've even used make-up to try to cover them up, but it hasn't helped.

They've grown really red and visible. I've gone to my doctor to see if it could possibly be an infection, however, he says they're not going to be problem to my health, but they won't be going away anytime soon.

Does anyone have a home remedy for this kind of problem?

--------------------
Call me Ishmael, for my name is all but dust.
Go to the top of the page
Kel03
post Aug 18 2010, 7:10 AM
Post #2

Enchantix Fairy

If you find anything then let me know too lol. I count myself lucky though since I tend to heal reasonably well. I have 4 small scars on my face due to having moles (raised discolored lumps) removed since us Aussies tend to get skin cancer from them (my ones weren't cancerous though). I also have a large but faint scar going diagonally across my back from a childhood operation and I have a faint scar near my due to the recent operation this year. I just tend to use concealer on my face scars since they are reasonably faint and can be covered up quite well. I tend not to worry about the others since they're in places that people would only see if I wear bathers or point it out lol.

I have heard that vitamin e (i think) is good for natural healing, or maybe some sorbolyne cream (I think that's how you spell it) as it's used to soften and heal the skin with rashes and things so it might help. The local chemist might be able to help since they sell natural remedies as well (well in Australia they do lol) or even a Health Shop, since they would be trained in natural remedies. Otherwise your doctor might be able to give you some information or even websites to help.
Winx4eva!
post Aug 19 2010, 6:16 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I don't have alot of scars. >.>

I have one one my left hand due to my twin brother who threw a pair of scisscors to me when I was in grade one. The damage was extremely minor so I still wander why it's still there.

I got one on my pinky finger on my right hand below the bottom of it. I haven't a clue how it got there. XD

--------------------

--- www.mishiiheart.blogspot.com ---
P-girl
post Aug 19 2010, 9:12 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

I've got a thin one on the bottom of my foot. (Sharp metal tips and bare feet = owie)
One on my left knee where I tripped over part of the furnace my mom so brightly placed behind a door. On a black doormat (The thing itself was black too)
And then there's my burn scars..... let's just say I still have issues with short pants and/or skirts.
Teh_Exorcist
post Aug 21 2010, 2:55 AM
Post #5

A True Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Aug 19 2010, 05:12 PM) *
I've got a thin one on the bottom of my foot. (Sharp metal tips and bare feet = owie)
One on my left knee where I tripped over part of the furnace my mom so brightly placed behind a door. On a black doormat (The thing itself was black too)
And then there's my burn scars..... let's just say I still have issues with short pants and/or skirts.

Metal tips are only half the fun.

--------------------
Call me Ishmael, for my name is all but dust.
Jahnavi
post Aug 22 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I have one on my forehead, which was stitched up to be in line with my eyebrow, so it's actually pretty subtle. Got it when I tripped on the edge of a carpet and hit my head on a window legde last year. >_>

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Anime Princess
post Aug 22 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

I've got two scars on my right leg from wire one on my knee and one on my ankle, i have one on my right hand from when i stacked my bike in 2001, i have two on my forehead from when i had chicken pox, and i have about five small ones on my left hand that i dont know how i got them

--------------------

Sorry i just think its better off this way

{§hani}
post Sep 4 2010, 4:32 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

oh i cant describe how much i love scars!!! i mean its so unique to have a scar. i mean i have plenty, not big ones but i love them very much.

Mish has a twin brother?? wow thats soo cool i wish i had a twin c:

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
CyberZero
post Sep 15 2010, 3:53 AM
Post #9

Charmix Fairy

I got an inch long scar just centimeters from my eye when I was 6. It felt as if that scar became a part of my identity. I got another on my left hand when I got a deep cut on it, and had no stitches on the hand one. Some baccitracion (I don't know how its spelled), healed it pretty quickly. The face one is inward and the hand one is outward.

--------------------
Yeah, I play the sniper in Monday Night Combat. (I'm apparently hated for being cheap at times) ^.^

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 3:41 PM