Add Reply
> Zootopia, aka Zootropolis over in Europe
SpiderBraids
post Apr 23 2016, 5:00 AM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

(Blows dust off Movies section again)

Okay, so Disney's latest has been racking up box office dollars like crazy, and I got to see it before the US since I live in one of those early-release countries icon_smile.gif Thoughts in the box...

Spoiler!
- Best use of animals as social allegory since Watership Down icon_smile.gif (And probably most viewer-friendly icon_smile.gif)
- As with Frozen, BH6, and IO, I saw this film in 3D, and the 3D visuals are especially good, especially with the train ride and Little Rodentia icon_smile.gif
- This film is populated with lots of memorable characters... Sure, Nick and Judy have great chemistry together, but don't forget the likes of Clawhauser, the yak, and the sloth icon_smile.gif
- Nick telling his story reminds me a lot of Flynn at the campfire in Tangled (Not so surprising, since some of that film's writers helped write this one too icon_smile.gif)
- When I saw this in the cinema, most of the audience laughter was at the sloth scene, with the Godfather parody running a close second. Didn't seem that many of the viewers got the Disney meta-references, or "Jesse and Woolter" icon_biggrin.gif
- Between Chief Bogo here and Shere Khan in the "live-action" Jungle Book a few weeks later, Idris Elba must have been living in the voice recording booth for a good while icon_wink.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
Abdu 6b
post May 8 2017, 3:00 AM
Post #2

Tynix Fairy

Group: Members

That was an amazing movie! My friend took me to see it and I thought it was stupid that we were going to see a kids movie but the whole representation of a fear mongering politician thing got me! So glad I watched it

--------------------
Thank you Shaylo for the awesome signature.
Go to the top of the page

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 5:27 PM