Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Problem With The Fanfiction Threads..., A problem I've noticed in regards to posting there
MorriganAensland
post Sep 10 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Essentially, when you double-post, the posts get combined. Due to the nature of the fanfiction board, this is notably detrimental when people want to post "installments". A similar situation sprang up on the Saint Seiya forum I frequent... hopefully it can be fixed here too.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Go to the top of the page
mimi_x3
post Sep 11 2007, 1:31 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Ah, to answer this question its because the board wants to prevent double posting so instead of having a double post they combine it together incase like if like after 30 seconds you want to repost it'll be combine but you just have to wait a little and post again so then it will seperate if you get what im saying,
and its not just in fanfiction its in every topic just in case you accidenty click the post button to much and it posts alot so now it just post everything in 1 and if you want to seperate just wait a coulpe minutes and post it and it will show seperatey

This post has been edited by mimi_x3: Sep 11 2007, 1:33 AM

--------------------

[ My Sisters : Fa, Anny, Becca, And Riliana ]

Nothin Matters When Your Broken , How Can My heart possibly break when it wasnt even whole to start with,

<33 Dis Quote
"Love Is Like The Wind. You Can't See It But You Can Feel It" - Landen Carter ( A walk To remember)
MorriganAensland
post Sep 11 2007, 3:30 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Thank you for clearing that up.

--------------------

MorriganAensland
post Sep 11 2007, 5:26 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Uh... waiting just a little doesn't seem to work... it seems like I have to wait several hours. Isn't there anything an admin or someone else could do?

--------------------

Boo
post Sep 21 2007, 2:48 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I'm not sure if you have this option, but on your own posts, I think you can edit them. If you click the 'edit' button you can go into your post again and delete the doubled part of it.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
MorriganAensland
post Sep 25 2007, 3:42 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

I am fully aware of that part of the forum. Most forums have the edit button.

My problem is this:
1. My fanfic, the Intense Clash of the Gods, which I might add nobody has bothered commenting on at all, although only in the second story arc here, is currently much farther ahead, around chapter 88 or so.
2. I wish to post multiple chapters here very quickly, as I have done when I have posted it elsewhere.
3. Because nobody has bothered doing anything at all, I have to wait until the "double-post auto-merge safeguard" deactivates, which is longer than a few minutes or even an hour that I had hoped it would be, worst case.

I don't see how hard it can be to edit that one part of the forum while leaving the other parts unaffected. Saintseiyafan.com did it very quickly. Newborn, one of the founders, was online and read my post not even two hours after I posted it, and promptly fixed it in under fifteen minutes.

Yet it has been two weeks and no actions here have been taken whatsoever. If it's above the heads of everyone here, I'll just contact Newborn and have him talk you all through it.

Just tryin' to help out and all.

This post has been edited by MorriganAensland: Sep 25 2007, 3:45 AM

--------------------

Boo
post Sep 26 2007, 8:47 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

This is a different forums. We moderate and work things differently. I am not quite sure what you mean, are you saying that your posts are doubled together? If so, just edit them yourself. Otherwise, I am not quite sure what you're getting at.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
MorriganAensland
post Sep 26 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Boo @ Sep 26 2007, 04:47 PM) *
This is a different forums. We moderate and work things differently. I am not quite sure what you mean, are you saying that your posts are doubled together? If so, just edit them yourself. Otherwise, I am not quite sure what you're getting at.

I am sorry if I have been too vague with my problem. I'll try to take it slow this time, just to be safe.

1. Since I have worked on my fanfiction, "The Intense Clash of the Gods" on other websites, I am very far ahead into the story. This means many installments or chapters.
2. I wish to post as many chapters here as fast as possible.
3. The forum here has a safeguard, so if a user attempts to post twice in a row in the same thread too soon, meaning posting twice in a row in a space of time that is at least several hours, the forum will automatically merge together the two posts.

Try it right now. Make a post and then immediatly make another one on the same thread. They'll appear together as one full message.

This is a problem with fanfiction chapters, since it obviously removes the "breaks" in the story. I am simply asking that this auto-merge function be removed for the fanfiction thread.

--------------------

Boo
post Sep 28 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Look, like I said, just delete the doubled part. It isn't that big of a deal, you'll just have to edit your posts after you post them.

--------------------
Administrator
post Jul 11 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #10

Mythix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Site Admins

Fixed.
The posts only merge during 5 minutes, after that, it won't merge.

--------------------
mcfo...@live.com

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 2:37 PM