Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Style Icons, Discuss your idols in style here
P-girl
post Mar 11 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Like the topic say. I think we need a topic that discusses style icons. (Marilyn Monroe, Twiggy, Jackie Kennedy, and my favorite; Audrey Hepburn.)

Myself, I'm a big fan of the classic look. Black, modest dresses and blouses, nice gloves, suits made for women. Class is my way. Probably the reason I like Hepburn. She's one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. (And she actually aged gracefully, a rare feat.)

YOU go and tell me she isn't gorgeous.

And if ANYONE here says Hepburn's look isn't original because it has been done before....guess who started it.
Go to the top of the page
Another Morning
post Mar 11 2009, 7:46 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

I've always been a fan of punk and goth styles, and lately I've been really getting into steampunk, lolita, really anything remnicient of Victorian/romatic gothic style. I have a few Gothic and Lolita Bibles, a translated magazine from Japan, that has a lot of cool pictures and information. Mana of jrock fame was one of the pioneers of Lolita fashion, and some of my favorite brands are h.NAOTO, BLACK PEACE NOW, PUTUMAYO, Union Jack, EXCENTRIQUE, ATELIER BOZ, elements, and Baby Doll.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
P-girl
post Aug 18 2009, 1:55 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Alright, I have sort of a confession to make.....

I really don't like Emo. (That's not the confession, that's quite public)
The music is terrible and the overall mindset makes me want to scream 'Get over yourself!' out loud.
However.....

I think Emo fashion and haircuts are some of the sexiest things ever.
Another Morning
post Aug 18 2009, 2:19 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

P-girl I know exactly what you mean u_____u; I am in the same boat.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
jsispitz
post Aug 20 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #5

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

I really admire Betsey Johnson and Eartha Kitt <3

--------------------

...Well isn't that...special...
CaffinatedAngst
post Aug 24 2009, 7:46 PM
Post #6

A True Fairy

I'm kind of half way on the emo fashion. Some of it I like, while others I hate.

I love a lot of alternative styles, as well as traditional/ folk clothing.

--------------------

Banner by Breana
P-girl
post Sep 2 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

How does one feel about fictional style icons?
Because I can't get enough of Guitar Hero's Pandora's wardrobe:

Admittedly, I don't really know this game, the outfit's so-so.... I really started my love for her in Guitar Hero 2:

That white leather with the heels and that trademark blue hair just strikes me as awesome and totally fitting her cool, slightly arrogant yet all rocker behaviour.
Then came the sad day a certain executive ditched her for Guitar Hero 3. Yeah, that sucked.
Her world tour outfit luckily is all kinds of awesome and a great comeback:

Maybe a bit over the top..... but C'mon! It's Guitar Hero! Over-the-topness is how they roll! (Confession: I changed the color from purple to white.... purely for nostalgia.)
However, her greatest outfits is the one for her On Tour days: the Bad Apple one:

I'd like to call this a School Girl outfit done right. They mostly tend to go for cutesy. (Not my style) or naughty (Just..... wrong) Hers isn't. I mean, besides the gloves and the fact that her blouse isn't tucked in, it looks like a respectable outfit to go to school in. No rips, no tears, no knots in the blouse to reveal a belly button, no high heels, and most important, no ultra-short skirt that allows panty-shots (Wrong, people! So Wrong!). Just a uniform. And that's why it's no powerful. Pandora doesn't need to adapt the outfit, she just wears it and she looks awesome in it. That, to me, is the core of a true fashion icon, wether she exists or not.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Sep 2 2009, 11:30 AM
Another Morning
post Sep 2 2009, 11:33 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

I do have a strong love for punk/goth 80's styles. Corsets, giant leather platform boots, huge hair, black with bright colors as accents, bandannas, studs, spikes, the flashier the better XD

--------------------

{§hani}
post Sep 22 2009, 6:34 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

aww the 50's *sigh* what a great decade for women in style!! the 60's & 70's were pretty good too!!

i really admire Alice in wonderland's clothing XDD i guess im one for the lolitta/gothic/weird stuff. (and YES i actually dress like that) pfft - god i ma weirdo O-o

but i mean REAL people.. no idea to me there isnt anyone i've seen that has clothes that make me tick everytime i see them. .. maybe myself if anyone XD

but im getting into indie clothing lately :3

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
Another Morning
post Sep 23 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Speaking of lolita, Mana is one of the most well-known pioneers of the fashion in Japan's lolita scene.

Yeah he's a dude, but he designs some really cute clothes.

--------------------

{§hani}
post Sep 24 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

O-O what the heck is with boys in japan goin girlish? LIKETO THE EXTREME? its so scary
im so gender confused now XDD oh god am i girl or a boy dressed like a girl O-O

but wow nice designs 8D

--------------------

Another Morning
post Sep 29 2009, 4:44 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

XD Yeah, there's a reason why my jrock-freak friend and I like to play a game called "Guess That Gender". I normally lose .___.;

--------------------

{§hani}
post Nov 25 2009, 9:48 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

lolz my friend showed me this jrock band and the lead singer looks like a girl i thought it was until we googled it and it turns out its a guy. i was really confussed!!

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 3:01 PM