Go to the top of the page
wkw427
post Jun 11 2011, 12:39 PM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (P-girl @ Jun 11 2011, 04:57 AM) *
*Still wants at least to be able to spell J-A-N-U-S*

It is blocked because of a-n-u-s. If j-a-n-u-s was added to the whitelist then it wouldn't be blocked

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Boo
post Jul 7 2011, 2:32 AM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I believe we have had this discussion before... swearing, that is...

I am surprised that this point hasn't been brought up: quite frankly, Winx Club is a cartoon targeted towards a very young age demographic (5 to 12), and thus, being a forum based off of that cartoon, we have to respect the inevitable fact that members from that particular demographic can and will join this forum and read what is being said here. That means, if you wouldn't say it in front of a very young child (5-12), it is not okay to post it here. That is the reason why the censorship is strict.

Now, I have read every post in this thread, and, yes, to those of us who are older, the censorship may seem a bit restrictive (and some things, like the roleplaying character's name that was mentioned, can be worked out just by saying, "Hey, this got caught up in the censor, help please?") but the bottom line is that we have to cater to everyone here, especially children, and including, as mentioned, many different cultures.

Also, it would, as I have said many times before, be a demanding, and impossible (let alone offensive) task to "make a list" of swear words not to use. Because we are older members, we should have the maturity to know what is inappropriate to say in front of, say, an eight-year-old. If you're unsure about cultural complications, look it up on the internet. That's what I do to double-check, at least.

Another thing: We here are not a radio station, or a television station, we are a forum that revolves around a cartoon targeted towards younger kids. Do not attack us with complaints in general about censorship, take that one to your local media outlets, thank you.

I hope this clears everything up, and I apologize if I sounded overtly blunt, but intervention was clearly appropriate.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:14 PM