Add Reply
> Elementus Football
mightymarty2
post Apr 20 2008, 10:44 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

(this is just the opening, please comment critisism will be taken on board for the next chapter

Martina was sitting on the bed. In the team hotel which she was sharing with her best friend, team mate and elementus captain Jess. The room was simple a dresser each, 2 wordrobes and a bath room with toilet.

It was the start of the football world cup on elementus she was in the 23 woman squad for the water team. It had only been running for 16 years now and they had lost in the first round. With earth taking the trophy twice and fire once. This has made there people unhappy as fire and water had a long and feirce rivalry. Many a match had ended in a riot. She had made her debut for the first team last year and had come off injured. Though her form for aqua united had been good with a goal every other game. This was a different level of skill, aggression. She was unsure she was upto it. She had been handed the number 9 shirt, this was quite an honour as this was the traditional shirt for the top striker, for club or country.

The tornament was simple enough straight knock out one match, one victor through to the next round, unless it was a draw then extra time and penalties. The draw was going to be made tommorow at the opening ceronmy and then the tournament would start that afternoon.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Go to the top of the page
Jahnavi
post Apr 20 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

It sounds good so far.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
mightymarty2
post Apr 20 2008, 11:45 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

thanks by the way I forgot to mention that I may not be able to update this too regularly as I have revision to do and exams comming up

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Jahnavi
post Apr 20 2008, 11:51 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

You're welcome.
And that's okay, good luck with your exams!

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
mightymarty2
post Apr 20 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

thanks

--------------------
mightymarty2
post May 25 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

The day of the openning ceronomy arrived, it was a bright sunny day as she got up looking out the window. Her room mate Jess was already up and changed into her elementus strip. She was the number 8 and captin of the aqua squad dispite being so , she was only 20. They had played there club football together and had become quite close. She was an all action central midfielder and liked to get foward, however scoring was no her best quality,dispite having an amazing passing range she found hitting the back of the net quite dificult and only got 5 all season, compared to martina's 31 goals.

Martina quickly got changed into her strip of light blue shirts, shorts and soacks. She put on her black trainers after breakfast of toast, cereal and a banana. The top 10 magic users in there country led them out into the cotch, where Martina sat next to Jess, as it slowly set off there guards followed the coach, the streets where lined with Aqua supporters in there aqua t shirts all cheering, waving flags. As they pulled up to the stadium where the opening ceronmy would be held. T

he coach Mrs Ford stud up "ok girls this is where we get off and our target is to come back here for the final".

As she finished the coach stopped and they where led into a big room, with massive circular tables, each had a badge and the name, they quickly found there table and sat down, as the tornament organisers ran through what would happen.

As the ceronmy started the trophy was brought out and put on a stand in the center circle for everyone to admire. Then there was traditional music from each country and dancing. Then each team came out one by one in alphabetical order, so aqua was first. The coach led them out holding a flag with aqua's badge on. They all followed in lines of three. As they came out there where great cheers and boos for each country as there name was anounced. They all paraded around the magnificent 150,000 seater stadium a wash with groups of supporters with there countrys colours on.

After that was over the draw was announced with bated breath. Aqua was first and they had got wind, so it was not to bad for them wind was a lowly ranked country at least they had missed the big 2 earth and fire.

Each draw was met with great talk among fans. They where given the second match behind earth as they where hosting it this year. The tornament would start in 2 days with there match on the first day in the afternoon.

After this they headed back to the team hotel for training, lunch and dinner. Through a route of cheering fans, with the guards following.

--------------------
MorriganAensland
post May 25 2008, 6:03 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

And so things begin. I'm pretty sure you're talking about European/un-American football... what we call Soccer, but that really doesn't matter. I'm holding judgement on this until we start getting some more characters introduced and some depth added to them, but so far it seems okay and grammar's the only real weak point. And there could easily be a justification for that, so I'm not going to call you out on it.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
mightymarty2
post May 25 2008, 8:32 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

yes it is soccer as it is called in america

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jan 21 2009, 8:33 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

The coach Ms Ford sat the girls down after dinner "right then the start of the tournament is tomorrow and a want to run the team selection and formation ok its a simple 4-4-1-1. OK so the goal keeper is to be Sarah, with a back 4 from left to right of Jane, Ella, Marlane, Sophie, with a midfield from left to right of Tara, Cathrine, Jess who is captain and Billie. Playing in the hole behind the striker Mel and upfront rose. Dismissed"

This was a bit of a shock to Martina who had expected to play upfront she wondered away a bit dejected as this meant that they expected rose to be the target woman and would get the main chances, especially if they where under pressure latter on Mel would be the creator of the chances. Martina walked up to her room visibly upset was this her lost chance to make an impact, she had been top striker this season and last. Mel and rose had more experience in tournaments. So does this mean that all her hard work was lost.

Jess came up and headed over to Martina putting her arm around her "don't worry, you will get your chance being top striker will mean that, if we are struggling the fans will demand you come on, there is no question about it"

Martina shook her head "she has gone for experience she must think I cannot hold my nerve in a major tournament, this means she will put on more experience"

Jane "no one is better than you, I have seen you day in day out"

Martina "you had better get some rest you will be playing tomorrow" wanting an end to this conversation

Jane "ok,you too" sensing it may be better to end this conversation

After getting Jane instantly went to sleep however Martina lay a wake for a few hours before falling asleep

--------------------
MorriganAensland
post Jan 21 2009, 9:51 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Well, not much happened, but considering the writer's block you've probably been facing, that can be allowed.

I hope you portray, when the time comes, Martina's skills at Non-American Football as good as you mention... "Informed Abilities" are not exactly a good way to make someone sound good and capable, with characters simply saying that instead of you showing us.

Anyways, best of luck, and I hope you get over your block.

--------------------

mightymarty2
post Jan 22 2009, 8:16 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

(ok thanks, i plan to at some point as i have a vaige story line but as your correctly pointed out I am suffering from writters block)

--------------------
MorriganAensland
post Jan 22 2009, 2:05 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Well, I suggest what you want to do with the story at this point. There are mainly two options you can do with the football element.

1. Make it outlandish with magic. Like a bunch of Benders from Avatar were playing against each other and using different kinds of technniques whilst playing. It'll make it a bit more unique than the average sports story that way.
2. Make it nomal. As it stands, you've been more leaning on a character-driven story and I'd like to see more of that. Do not introduce elements to the story and let them guide what happens. Instead, think about the events that have already happned and let the characters simply be acting in response to that. Let the next chapter deal with the girls acting in response to the line-up, then the nexxt chapter deal with the results of those reactions, and then the same with the next chapter.

If you look at this page, you'll have plenty of help with that.

--------------------

mightymarty2
post Jan 23 2009, 8:09 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

thanks

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jan 30 2009, 7:11 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

The next day at 7 every one connected with the aqua football team alarm's went off. It was the day of the first roung game that kicked off at 5 pm.

Martina woke up by the alarm, she was not in a great rush as there was no need to be as long as she was down by 9 she would not miss breakfast. She was still unhappy at being left out of the first team. Normally she would have been up and out of bed, within a few minutes and down for breakfast by 8 at the very latest. However today she hit the snooze button and turned over.

Jane who had shared a room with Martina before on club duties liked to be up and about as well. Was suprised to see that Martina was up and about getting ready for the day. However she had to be available for the other players with being captain. So she busied herself getting ready and putting on the trainning kit. For what would most likely only be light work and mostly tatical work for this afternoons game.

Martina after about half an hour woke up again she got up and got dressed today was more than likely to be a long day she wanted to be involved, she was not good at watching.

Jane had been down since 8 whereas Martina got down at 10 to 9. A few people had already commented about Martina not being as prompt as normal. Though this was noted by Ms Ford she felt there was now a need to speak Martina but as she was down within the time limit there was no way she could do anything though as that would be unfair and some players even people in the squad for the days game.

After most people had finished breakfast and most people had left Martina finished, she walked out. Ms Ford had been waiting looking like she was just making sure there was no trouble, but she was really waiting for Martina as Martina left she walked next to her.

Ms Ford "are you ok"

Martina "yes"

Ms Ford "you have been different today, so please tell me the truth?"

Martina sighed "I am just disappointed about not being in the team"

Ms Ford was privatly pleased by this as it meant that she was commited and wanted to play "ok, well if you train hard you may still play in latter games"

Martina nodded before heading to her room, she thought about what Ms Ford had said before dismmising it as a motivational comment, though she hoped it wasn't.

When she reached her room Jane was waiting "you were not as prompt as you usually are" she said concerned about Martina as she had seemed to have taken the news about not being in the team hard.

Martina "yes I am fine just disappointed" she said just wanting to get her head down and hopefully prove her wrong though as she was going for experience up front she did not feel that she had much chance to convince her that she could do it and the other problem was their was not much time. It has taken her a year to break into her current clubs first team. She didn't even have a month.

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Aug 9 2009, 2:03 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Martina headed down for the light training session where they were just going to do some stretched and a light jog and a bit of target practice. Martina arrived with Jess where Ms Ford was waiting for them and some of the squad members where already there. After a few minuted the others in the squad arrived in dribs and drabs. After the light workout. Ms Ford explained the tactics for the match against wind. They had to combat winds traditional fast flowing style where there attacks were at speed and plenty of crosses were wiped in but they should get through it as they were good in defence with 2 tall center backs.

They then had a light snack and then just before they were to head out there was a quick talk to the 11 players who were starting most probably motivational and encouragement from Ms Ford or so Martina thought. As she sat dejectedly on a chair over looking the pool where she just stared out into the distance. She was really having doubts if she should be here as she knew she was third choice if she was lucky and her lack of experience was counting against her. She had been top scorer the season just gone and even that was not enough to get into the first team. What more could she do as she had done her best but it obviously was not good enough and with the games only going to get harder how could she break into the first team. She didn't want to be a spare part and be useless that was something that she hated with a passion.

Jess knew how hard it would be for Martina but she could not do anything only try and keep her spirits up during this world cup and for next season.

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 5:07 AM