6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Add Reply
> Twilight Series
Another Morning
post May 31 2008, 8:07 PM
Post #21

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I read Twilight, but I haven't gotten ahold of the other books yet. I found it unintentionally hilarious at times, but I will admit that it was a really good book. :D Even if my friends and I mock Edward's ANGST (;-;) all the time XD

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post May 31 2008, 8:23 PM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Meh.... I haven't read it, but I don't know if I want to.... I heard they break the all-important, almost sacred (At least to me) 'Vampires die in the sunlight'-rule. For a classic horror-fan like me, that works like (pardon the expression) garlic on a vampire. (Like; *Hiss* keep it away!)
Another Morning
post May 31 2008, 9:05 PM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

That's also true. >___> I could hardly consider what the Cullens were to be "vampires."

So many movies/books/shows/etc. today portray vampires as these tragic, romantic figures that act all cold and hard but really are guilty and depressed and just want to be loved. e___e I rather prefer the oldschool, souless undead that didn't angst every time they killed somebody and were actually disliked by people for being the monsters they were rather than being turned into tragic anti-heros.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
P-girl
post May 31 2008, 9:38 PM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

Same here, what happened to the blood-thirsty-predator-in-a-handsome-package kind of vampire?
melgirl1778
post Jun 6 2008, 6:42 PM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

they are still blood thirsty, just have know weaknesses and are perfect! i think i just was to go and kill all the characters, and why does the main guy in all fantasies named edward?

And of coarse the jake thing, bella loves him, she just loves edward more... grrr.

ok, thats my ramblings

--------------------

Made by Jah

P-girl
post Jun 9 2008, 5:36 PM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy

Sounds to teeny and modern and.... emo for me (Sorry Emo people, but I'm all about optimism and the brightness of life!). I'm more into Victorian age horror (Dracula, Frankenstein, Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde..... the real classics) and Stephen King.
Ranma
post Jun 10 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy

((and R.L. STEIN!!!!! *Chirp Chirp* "What...Monster Blood was awesome!!!" *cough* anyway. I've never read the books, but my sister likes them. I just thought you girls should know that they are making a movie, and they already have an official trailer out for it.))

--------------------
melgirl1778
post Jun 10 2008, 11:48 PM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy

yea, i saw it. should be interesting... but in my opion, it cant be worse then the book. (And i relize i am in the minority)

--------------------

Made by Jah

P-girl
post Jun 11 2008, 8:15 AM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy

Trust me, you aren't, a lot of people on livejournal communities I'm at also think the books are bad. (I still don't count myself in, I haven't read them, and that doesn't really give me the right to say it's bad or not. But I HAVE the right to say that I don't like the premise, and therefore don't want to read them.)

Y'know which are cool vampires? The ones from Vampire: the masquerade. Sure, they're 'modern', but as far as I know, they're more along the 'classic'-line then anything else. (I also like the fact that there are 'clans', each with their own philosophy, mindset, strengths and weaknesses)
Ranma
post Jun 12 2008, 12:19 AM
Post #30

Cosmix Fairy

Alucard is the coolest vampire ever. If you have another opinion it doesn't count. lol.

--------------------
Asher Omega
post Jun 12 2008, 5:42 AM
Post #31

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

Which Alucard are we talking about? because there is this Alucard and then there's this Alucard. one is, excuse the language, a badass and Vlad Tepes, and the other is well something. oh the son of Dracula. so you have to specify which one you're referring too.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
Riiana
post Jul 13 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #32

Cosmix Fairy

I LOVE THEM!
I havnt read the 1st or the 2nd but ive read the END of the 3rd one. Lol don't worry I'm going to get all three of them, cause I read the third off my friend. The movie and the 4th book are coming out this year, right? Ive seen the preview of the Movie , looks cool icon_biggrin.gif
And theres going to be a 5th one? Wow.
Im actually obsessed with the books, they are my FAVOURITE books ive ever read. Trust me, thats a lot of books icon_smile.gif
When I say obsessed, I mean obsessed. I had to go and do research on how the Author got the idea's for the book. Lol she got them in her dreams. Seems pretty cool though, imagine getting ideas in your dreams...I don't know why but that happens a lot now...icon_neutral.gif
ANYHOO As I was saying I am completely in love with the books.
Cheerio icon_biggrin.gif

--------------------
CloudWriter
post Oct 12 2008, 10:32 PM
Post #33

Charmix Fairy

I, for one, love what Stephenie Meyer did with the vampires. Too much stuff about vampires comes from Hollywood (*grumbling* Stupid "vampires are evil" directors.......didn't even consider that vampires have other sides to them....*ungrumble*)
you can read the first 12 chapters or so of Midnight Sun on Stephenie Meyer's website. Man, does Edward's point of view make it funny..... icon_biggrin.gif
Honestly, I hadn't liked the idea of Twilight at first. I had been arguing with my best friend about which was better, Twilight or Harry Potter (I was mad at the twilight movie 'cause it was part of the reason why the harry potter 6 movie was moved, other that the writers' strike. warner bros. doesn't think we can handle having 2 major movies out at once). So, to make our decision fair (Maddie had never read Harry Potter and I had never read Twilight, which made our decision about which series was better uninformed), we swapped books. I read twilight, she read Harry Potter. I was so humilated on Monday when I got back to school, because I had to admit defeat- Twilight trumps Harry Potter. icon_sad.gif

--------------------

Thanks dittadulla for the awesome signature!

And thanks winxclub101 for this awesome mood indicator!
P-girl
post Oct 12 2008, 10:40 PM
Post #34

Cosmix Fairy

*Disgruntled vampire fan*

Vampires are supposed to be evil! And not just because of Hollywood or even Bram Stoker (The original Author who penned down 'Dracula') said so. It has been part of folklore from ancient times. Vampires are basically beasts that look human. And that's the reason I don't like these 'New' vampires where Twilight seems to be from.
Vampires don't have souls. They're cursed to roam the earth forever as beasts, pretending to be human.
Give me an old-fashioned, Victorian Vampire any time of the day, over those New-Age hippies.
I like Vampires SC4's Raphael. Sure, he LOOKS like a Victorian-styled Lord, and acts like one on the surface, but inside, he's a savage beast, As vampires are supposed to be!.

[/rant]
MorriganAensland
post Oct 12 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #35

Cosmix Fairy

Raphael was an AWESOME vampire. He tries to be the noble gentleman on the golden pedestal, and he falls. Hard. The same could be said for Griffith from Berserk, except he becomes a demon rather than a vampire.

Vampires are meant to prey off of people's fears of becoming one. Zombies and werewolves have the blessing they can't control themselves and have no recollection of their crimes. Vampires do, and they can't help it.

So you either embrace it or you become a disillusioned idealist who can't accomplish much of anything.

I love Dio Brando in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, well, him and Cars, because they're just so evil. Dio is shown to respect pretty much only people that are completely loyal to him, which translates into him being a smart villain. He never screws over anyone he has use for, and when he doesn't have any use for you any more, he won't kill you unless he gets in your way.

But if you're in the way of him achieving his goals, he will make your life a living hell. And that's if doesn't want to simply kill you in a way you can't stop, such as freezing time and punching a hole through your body.

I mean, I like him, but it's a case of profound respect for the man, not blind fangirlism. He's never glorified in the story, nor should he be.

Well, except for the infamous steamroller sequence. But that's just awesome.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
PinkSugar
post Oct 18 2008, 6:53 AM
Post #36

Enchantix Fairy

I have the book, and I started trying to read it this time last year. I'm still at the end of Chapter two (or beginning of Chapter three, I don't remember.) So many of my friends are in love with the series, but I can't bring myself to like them. I tried different techniques, but I find Bella and Edward both very, very annoying, and the side characters have yet to do anything for me.

... Granted, I'm still at the very beginning.

I read through a "summary" on livejournal about the books. I think I can understand the general jist of what was going on.

And, I can understand why people like them. Everyone has their own tastes. My taste is simply: I hated it. I may eventually try to read it again to see if my opinion has changed. I keep hoping that it will.

--------------------

signature by saruvi of AF // suiitsunohime is a name I go by on other boards
Asher Omega
post Oct 18 2008, 8:45 AM
Post #37

Butterflix Fairy

Don't change your opinion. if you hate the books, then its fine. if it changes over the course of the book then that's different. when I read (and believe me I read a lot) if I read a book cover to cover and I still hate it, I will never read it again. and if its part of a series I will never read any of the sequels. if I do find the book interesting by the end I will continue. and so far its a good policy. at least for me it is.

I've also encountered this quandary before. most of my high school friend knew I watched anime, so they heavily suggested kill bill. I watched both movies and to this day I STILL hate them with a passion. people thought I just liked the art style. not quite. I like Plot, and Kill Bill has a bare minimum (Fighting game level/Atari 2600 level). I felt that I had wasted four hours of my life on something that I could have just watched on the normal TV.

back to topic. I've found that Masquerade does have a good system for Vampires. I also (I've suggested it about four times, I think) suggest the Dresden books. its got about three different types, each of which follow certain trends of the vampires. I won't spoil what, but its definitely a good read.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
P-girl
post Oct 18 2008, 9:44 AM
Post #38

Cosmix Fairy

Off topic: I see what you mean. I get the same thing with Mecha anime (You like Transformers, therefore you must love Mechas!) Not really..... I like Transformers because they're not only giant and awesomely designed robots, but also because they're sentient beings, with their own personalities, history, friendships and animosities. Most Mecha anime I've seen (I'm not an expert) the Mechas are just huge pieces of armor, devoid of personality safe that of their pilots, this, for me, kind of takes away the magic Transformers have.

On Topic: I think Thor Axegrinder's quote about Twilight vampires tells it all (For me, at least): 'Take away their weakness to light and you take away the most powerful symbolism of vampires being damned creatures. Take away their need to feed on human blood and you take away the creepy part of their nature that makes their physical beauty seem like such a perversion.'

Quote taken from this article: http://www.anti-shurtugal.com/wordpress/?p=53
PinkSugar
post Oct 19 2008, 11:55 PM
Post #39

Enchantix Fairy

Omega: Well, since I'm still at the beginning of the book, I want to try to make it to a few more chapters to see if I like it. The problem is getting through those chapters. If I can't make it even then, I'll give up for good.

On a side note, I heard that vampires in this book... sparkle?

--------------------

signature by saruvi of AF // suiitsunohime is a name I go by on other boards
winxclub101
post Oct 20 2008, 12:42 AM
Post #40

Bloomix Fairy

Btw, I heard on the news that thers gonna be a twighlight movie from the book coming in a month or something, unless it came out already.

--------------------

Userbar by DragonFire and Avatar by *Stella*

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:29 AM